To all those saying Dak Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I didn't say it was easily caught. "Easily" is clearly describing "caught less." It means, that in the NFL, that pass would be hauled in by the receiver much less than half the time, even by those with the best hands.

Yeah I know what you mean. However, I've seen other receivers from other teams make that a catch with the worst pass. The pass wasn't perfect but was still catchable.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No ****, he's a RB. And pass blocking is much different than run blocking. Or don't think it is?
so you keep spinning it...now its run blocking vs. pass blocking. at the end of the day, with everything being the same for both. one produced. the other didn't. and if the WRs are so bad, and passing game is bad, teams are focusing on run game and zeke still produces...

all I am hearing is excuses this and excuses that for Dak...now, its run blocking vs. pass blocking..so Dak is not at fault...what's next.... sky had less clouds when dak was passing so sun shone in his eyes and he couldnt' see his targets...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If we're talking about how great the O line was in 2016, ok I buy that. But then you also have to admit that the O line hasn't always been great since then. And sometimes it wasn't even good.
I am not saying that's true, but even if it was...then zeke produces, Dak doesn't

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
okay let me get this right.
1. the wide receivers suck
2. the offensive line sucks
3. the coaches suck
4. Zeke sucks and can't pass block
5. Everybody sucks but Dak.

okay. oops the TE;s suck. everybody but the kickers, boy poor ole Dak is carrying the team with his weak arm and his fear. Oops and his inability to see the field or read the defenses.

Ken

Reaction score
and he produced...and he produced the next year and he producing this year. Zeke has performed regardless of WRs, passing game, scheme, play call or OL excuses people come up with for Dak.....
The is because qb is exponentially harder to play than rb.

It takes time to become great at qb....not so with rb.

And he didnt perform last year. Not sure what you saw but I saw a guy average under 4 ypc and get suspended for 6 games.

He did not live up to his billing last year. Honestly, this year he has only been good to very good. Not elite...imo.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's pathetic when you post over and over that Prescott makes mistakes and needs to improve while also pointing the other areas of concern and all a select few of nimrods keep saying is that all they hear is excuses for Prescott.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yeah I know what you mean. However, I've seen other receivers from other teams make that a catch with the worst pass. The pass wasn't perfect but was still catchable.

Catchable, maybe, it's hard to see exactly how much of his hands it hits. However, it is a pass that you would expect to not be caught far more than you would expect it to be caught.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

And he didnt perform last year. Not sure what you saw but I saw a guy average under 4 ypc and get suspended for 6 games.

He did not live up to his billing last year. Honestly, this year he has only been good to very good. Not elite...imo.

He did not average under 4 ypc. His suspension had nothing to do with performance.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He did not average under 4 ypc. His suspension had nothing to do with performance.
I'm certain Elliott would tell you that dealing with the suspension and everything that led up to that point affected his performance.
To suggest that it had nothing to do with it is ridiculous.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I actually thought he was pretty bad opening game vs the Giants yr 2, I expected so much more and he was very disappointing. We can do a lot better imo...
Yes, there were some Oline signs of problems early in the year. And this doesn't absolve Dak. At this point he is clearly NOT the QB he looked like early. He has issues. He NEEDS things very good players around him no doubt. He has certainly been severely down graded on my potential big time based on his inability to make players around him better in difficult sitations.

Ken

Reaction score
You are right...it was 4.1 not the 3.9 i was thinking.

Still a yard below what he averaged his rookie year and what he is averaging now.

His performance was absolutely affected by the looking suspension...it weighed on him all year.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Catchable, maybe, it's hard to see exactly how much of his hands it hits. However, it is a pass that you would expect to not be caught far more than you would expect it to be caught.

I don't know, I expect our receivers to catch everything their way. I do admit though Dak is not very accurate and I don't like how he tried to muscle his passes. He is trying too hard.

But that's where coaching comes in. He is not well coached at all.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

what would Dak end up doing, if he was in and out of court, in the middle of false accusation and being dragged through the mud? he still performed above Dak given the circumstances and Dak fell apart. totally fell apart when he lost Zeke. we still had a decent running game after Zeke, but Dak just couldn't do anything to carry this team....he still had dez, witten and Williams, but now I am sure people will say witten wasn't witten, dez was not good and Williams sucks....and OL was bad...Dak is absolved of all faults no matter what, the spin on excuses for him are getting ridiculous...

but even with all of that, the tape doesn't lie. he doesn't go through his progressions. he misses wide pen recievers, he is pulling the ball down and running, he doesn't throw with anticipation, he is not accurate...but I am sure, people will say, the tape was Doctored....

Dak is an average QB....his BIGGEST asset is his running...and that's not saying much

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
True, but sooner or later receivers won't make the spectacular catch, Dak needs to improve on his accuracy, at least some.
its year 3, his mechanics are as bad as when he started, it was the knock on him in college.....what do you think is going to happen?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not sure if it's that the receivers need to develop, Dak had 5 new receiving targets this year - Hurns, Thompson, Gallup, Austin and Shultz. To expect instant chemistry with all the new guys isn't realistic, imho. Takes some time usually, and Dak played little in pre-season (big mistake) as well.

And so many assume when a pass is missed it's Dak's fault, anyboy ever consider that the receiver didn't run the correct route, or run it well?

I suspect it's a bit of both. My bigger concern with Dak is missing too many wide open receivers, that needs to improve...
some of that maybe true, but the inaccurate throws to the recievers can't be excused. not seeing the field and not going through your progression, can't be excused. pulling the ball down and scrambling for no reason when there is open recievers in front of you...can't be excused....

and no one is saying, that all the bad throws are his fault....but certainly most of them are....even the 60 yard pass to Austin for TD against the giants was a bad pass....Austin had to slow down and catch the ball and if he didn't have 8 yards on the defender, that would have been an incomplete.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Did he produce against Denver last year?
so now you are going to pick a single game, when the offense totally sucked in all phases and use that as an example? I can give you 16 of those for Dak....

the excuses for Dak are getting long in the tooth....and now the Dak supporters are trying to knock the best offensive player we have to defend Zak...where is you loyalty? to the cowboys or to Dak Prescott? when Dak is gone, will you change the team you are rooting for to the team that signed him as a back up?

Status
Not open for further replies.