To all those saying Dak Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You'll never see me disagree with that idea. Prescott does need to improve. But the lash out even when he plays a good game is getting old. We have no play makers at WR or TE.
Maybe someone develops, I dunno.

Not sure if it's that the receivers need to develop, Dak had 5 new receiving targets this year - Hurns, Thompson, Gallup, Austin and Shultz. To expect instant chemistry with all the new guys isn't realistic, imho. Takes some time usually, and Dak played little in pre-season (big mistake) as well.

And so many assume when a pass is missed it's Dak's fault, anyboy ever consider that the receiver didn't run the correct route, or run it well?

I suspect it's a bit of both. My bigger concern with Dak is missing too many wide open receivers, that needs to improve...

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Not sure if it's that the receivers need to develop, Dak had 5 new receiving targets this year - Hurns, Thompson, Gallup, Austin and Shultz. To expect instant chemistry with all the new guys isn't realistic, imho. Takes some time usually, and Dak played little in pre-season (big mistake) as well.

And so many assume when a pass is missed it's Dak's fault, anyboy ever consider that the receiver didn't run the correct route, or run it well?

I suspect it's a bit of both. My bigger concern with Dak is missing too many wide open receivers, that needs to improve...
No, you're right. I meant chemistry in regard to development. And that includes Prescott. From what I've seen it's a number of things.
We'll start with Prescott needing to improve. Job 1 for him is protecting the ball, which he does so well. Almost to a fault. He doesn't take risks often. I don't really have an issue with that. It's who he is. Also from what I've seen, WRs could very well be open, but that doesn't mean it's all on him. If there's pressure some of that can be on the O line. But it seems that things have improved. I need to see a division road game victory first though.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
If he hit his fingers its not uncatchable. It was actually closer to his facemask than way above his head.

Easily caught less than 50%? If its easily caught it would have been caught. I agree it wasn't a great pass but still catchable.

What else can we blame Dak for? Famine? War in the middle east? How bout cancer?

I didn't say it was easily caught. "Easily" is clearly describing "caught less." It means, that in the NFL, that pass would be hauled in by the receiver much less than half the time, even by those with the best hands.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
yes...every pass is not on target in your world. What about all of the catches they make? They don't break any tackles and get extra yards. Zeke has..that's it.
again, I am not absolving the WRs, but you keep ignoring....Dak needs to put the ball to allow the WRs to be able to run, break tackles, etc. When he has done that, they have shown they are capable...it won't happen 100% of the time, it doesn't for any WR...but when WR has to slow down to catch, then it allows the defenders to catch up to them and make a tackle. it puts the WRs at a disadvantage. he has to throw with anticipation and lead the WRs...

a QB has a direct impact on the OL, WRs, whether you like to admit it or not...he takes every snap, he has the ball in his hand every snap, he makes every throw. he has a choice between making a throw with anticipation or hold on to it and allow defense to get to him. he has direct impact on who, where he throws the ball, he has impact on deciding how to go through his progression, he has a direct impact on pulling a ball down and scramble.

there are plenty of other QBs in the league, top 15 (not even top 5), who do this routinely and no name WRs look good as a result. not every team has a Julio Jones, Thomas, etc..... the QB makes them look good as much as anything else.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
when WR has to slow down to catch, then it allows the defenders to catch up to them and make a tackle.

Oh certainly agree, but too many times the coaches call pass plays where the receiver runs out 2-3-4 yards short of the first down marker, and then runs completely parallel to the line of scrimmage, so that they have to not only catch the ball, but turn it up field and make a run for the first down. And that's on the coaches and receivers primarily. It's not Dak's fault that they get tackled or can't turn it up field before they run out of bounds.

Seems to me that's the most easily correctable thing about the passing game, but it's just not done enough. Other teams throw slants or other passes where the receiver "has a head of steam up" and it's harder to tackle them. Just like Zeke's td run in the last game, you get a 221 lb guy running full speed straight ahead, or nearly so, and it's much more difficult to stop them...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I draft the kid from Duke or the kid from the Ducks program and start them as rookies 5-6 games in. The problem is that the Giants also have the same plan. Not sure what 11 in a row means, we have multiple losses this year alone...

Dak won 11 games in a row. Any young QB is going to have the same issues as Dak unless the issues around him are fixed.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Oh certainly agree, but too many times the coaches call pass plays where the receiver runs out 2-3-4 yards short of the first down marker, and then runs completely parallel to the line of scrimmage, so that they have to not only catch the ball, but turn it up field and make a run for the first down. And that's on the coaches and receivers primarily. It's not Dak's fault that they get tackled or can't turn it up field before they run out of bounds.

Seems to me that's the most easily correctable thing about the passing game, but it's just not done enough. Other teams throw slants or other passes where the receiver "has a head of steam up" and it's harder to tackle them. Just like Zeke's td run in the last game, you get a 221 lb guy running full speed straight ahead, or nearly so, and it's much more difficult to stop them...
this doesn't happen all the time, because on each pass play, depending on scheme and number of WRs on the field, they run different routes. Beasley being the trusted WR at this time for Dak, doesn't run outside routes. hasn't shown the ability to do so, and with Dak, going the safe route, he often goes to the middle as opposed to the outside with windows being tighter. Beasley is good at getting open from the slot.....

again, I am not denying the WRs need to be better, but plenty of tape has shown they are open and Dak more often than not misses them, doesn't look that way, or pulls the ball down and scrambles or makes errant throws, too high, too far behind, off target, etc....does he make bad throws 100% of the time? no, but most of the time...Carolina game was a good example, even the giants game was another example, including the 60 yard TD pass to Austin, which was a bad throw

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak won 11 games in a row. Any young QB is going to have the same issues as Dak unless the issues around him are fixed.
he was lucky recipient of a great OL, Zeke and the unknown factor.... he wasn't perfect his first year neither, but wins masked the warts..... the warts are on full display now....Dak was a bus driver his first year.... we can't lean on him putting the team on his back....and there is plenty of bus drivers that can do the same

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
he was lucky recipient of a great OL, Zeke and the unknown factor.... he wasn't perfect his first year neither, but wins masked the warts..... the warts are on full display now....Dak was a bus driver his first year.... we can't lean on him putting the team on his back....and there is plenty of bus drivers that can do the same
Zeke was also the lucky recipient of a great OL. Do you knock him for it?

Reactions: Ken

rags747

Reaction score
As a rookie he won 11 games in a row. The past two years he has been below average. Notice the Cowboys started to suck when Dak started to suck, we need a new qb with a lot of talent that can throw the ball. Im really not interested in a gadget play qb, I guess some are.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Zeke was also the lucky recipient of a great OL. Do you knock him for it?
and he produced...and he produced the next year and he producing this year. Zeke has performed regardless of WRs, passing game, scheme, play call or OL excuses people come up with for Dak.....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
As a rookie he won 11 games in a row. The past two years he has been below average. Notice the Cowboys started to suck when Dak started to suck, we need a new qb with a lot of talent that can throw the ball. Im really not interested in a gadget play qb, I guess some are.

Yep and there are reasons why Dak has started to suck. Or are you implying that a QB gets worse the more experience that he gets? That doesn't make any sense.

Past two years? The first 8 games of 2017 he was playing great. But you haters don't like to talk about that. Doesn't suit your agenda.

Reactions: Ken

starfan1

Reaction score
and he produced...and he produced the next year and he producing this year. Zeke has performed regardless of WRs, passing game, scheme, play call or OL excuses people come up with for Dak.....
Did he produce against Denver last year?
I honestly dont see the comparison you are talking the #4 pick in the draft vs a 4th rounder there ought to be some differences.

if I had a vote Zeke would have gotten ROY and not Dak but they both benefit from a good line when it plays up to its capability

the other part of this is yes Dak needs to improve and yes as fans we can be over enamoured or overcritical but the fact is its almost guaranteed Dak is going nowhere we don't get a vote and Jerry is going to keep him

we just i hope that Jerry is smart enough to put the right compliment of teammates around him. Jerry being smart enough is the legitimate concern you need to have at this point. He wasn't with Romo hopefully he will be this time because Dak isnt going anywhere and unfortunately neither is Garrett. Linehan might though.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If we're talking about how great the O line was in 2016, ok I buy that. But then you also have to admit that the O line hasn't always been great since then. And sometimes it wasn't even good.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No ****, he's a RB. And pass blocking is much different than run blocking. Or don't think it is?

rags747

Reaction score
Yep and there are reasons why Dak has started to suck. Or are you implying that a QB gets worse the more experience that he gets? That doesn't make any sense.

Past two years? The first 8 games of 2017 he was playing great. But you haters don't like to talk about that. Doesn't suit your agenda.
I actually thought he was pretty bad opening game vs the Giants yr 2, I expected so much more and he was very disappointing. We can do a lot better imo...

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
OBJ makes that catch all day long. Has anyone seen the crap throws he makes plays on?
Naa, it's easier to just blame Prescott for everything.

It's not only OBJ its the rest of the NFL. Your right, it's very easy just to blame Dak for the pass that Austin dropped.

Reactions: G2
Status
Not open for further replies.