TO & Rosenhaus Press Conference

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Heard on ESPN Radio while I was going to get lunch that they'll be holding one. Did not catch when.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I can already tell you what will be said:

TO: I did what they told me to do and I didn't do anything wrong in the first place.

DR: TO is the best player to ever play the game.

or something like that :D

wileedog

Reaction score
0112501B.jpg

silver

Reaction score
i can't wait for the cartoon on extreme skins

BHendri5

Reaction score
I was on another website earlier and they had a poll going:
If T.O. career would end in disgrace or the Hall Of Fame.

That to me is complete idiocy. Anyone that thinks that Owens career would end in disgrace is a complete idiot, no if ands or buts. The guy is too good, and he has covered too much ground in the NFL.

Anyone that thinks that T.O., will not get picked up by another team next season they are being assinine.

The guy can be the one element that puts your team into the SuperBowl, and I woudl take him here with the Boys anytime.
I look at what the help he brings to a team. You know next season where ever he ends up at he will be make defenses wish he was still suspended.

The guy is that good. All philly had to do was live up to the arrangements they made with him about talking contract renewal, even if they did not give him the amount he was asking for, if they had got close they could have had a happy player.

They are idiots, that is why they will wait another 20 or so years to get back to the SuperBowl, which is fine with me.

Reaction score
BHendri5 said:

That to me is complete idiocy. Anyone that thinks that Owens career would end in disgrace is a complete idiot, no if ands or buts. The guy is too good, and he has covered too much ground in the NFL.

Anyone that thinks that T.O., will not get picked up by another team next season they are being assinine.

The guy can be the one element that puts your team into the SuperBowl, and I woudl take him here with the Boys anytime.
I look at what the help he brings to a team. You know next season where ever he ends up at he will be make defenses wish he was still suspended.

The guy is that good. All philly had to do was live up to the arrangements they made with him about talking contract renewal, even if they did not give him the amount he was asking for, if they had got close they could have had a happy player.

They are idiots, that is why they will wait another 20 or so years to get back to the SuperBowl, which is fine with me.
Terrell?

Is that you?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BHendri5 said:

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you. I know, don't faint. Any time a player can't realize how blessed they are and they blow it, I'll call that disgraceful.

Yes, he's talented, but he's also such a distraction that it is disgraceful. The Hall of Fame doesn't concern me. His career is not over yet. It might be teetering on the edge, but it's not over.

revelations521

Reaction score
BHendri5 said:

I disagree....his great talent DOES NOT outweigh his idiot behavior or 'me instead of team' attitude....any team who signs this guy will end up kickin him off their team....

VACowboy

Reaction score
BHendri5 said:
I All philly had to do was live up to the arrangements they made with him about talking contract renewal, even if they did not give him the amount he was asking for, if they had got close they could have had a happy player.

I don't recall Philly ever saying anything about renegotiations. Owens was in the first year of a brand new seven-year agreement for crapsake.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
He also does a weekly radio show live on Friday afternoons here in Miami with Dan LeBatard that is going to continue throughout the season in spite of his suspension. He's actually been quite good at answering questions and doesn't come across like most people might think he would. This week's show should be quite fascinating.

Last Friday, before everything went down this past weekend w/ the suspension and all, he actually came out and stated unequivocally that it was right of the Eagles to expect him to apologize publicly and that he'd had no problem with doing so. Of course, at the time, no one knew about the fight he'd had w/ Hugh Douglas earlier in the week or that he had been asked to apologize to the team privately and had refused to do so.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
VACowboy said:
I don't recall Philly ever saying anything about renegotiations. Owens was in the first year of a brand new seven-year agreement for crapsake.
You are correct. He asked for a new deal after the 1st year of a 7 year deal and they said no.

The reason why he asked is simple, he got a new agent (Rosenhaus) who was guaranteed nothing because the 7 year deal was brokered under a different agent. Rosenhaus saw a gold mine and played hard ball.

They handled it wrong.

ddh33

Reaction score
TO is "me-first". Believe it or not, that isn't the end of the world. A lot of great players are. He's also a distraction sometimes, but again, a lot of guys are - sometimes unknowingly.

I happen to think that while TO has done a lot of things wrong in this situation, he isn't alone. The Eagles have messed this up too. In fact, I actually think that TO considers himself a martyr right now. He thinks he's changing football and its unfair treatment of players. You may disagree. I just think that is what he believes.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
BHendri5 said:

Anyone that thinks that T.O., will not get picked up by another team next season they are being assinine.[

He likely will get picked up... but remember, only two teams were interested in the low-low price the first time... Philly and Baltimore...

He ripped a MUCH respected Ozzie Newsome and of course he ain't goin' back to the iggles...

You can be assured of a HEAVILY-laden incentive contract if and when he does play again in the NFL...

He has essentially cost himself the very millions he wanted...

BHendri5 said:

and the one element that can tear your team down and plummet it into turmoil...

BHendri5 said:

I agree he is that good, but he is too much of a troublemaker...

Philly ponied up a huge signing bonus and paid him his weekly check on Tuesday, so they lived up to their end of the contract...

BHendri5 said:

and fine with me too... ;)