TO and Shockey

Reaction score
Does TO have the same effect on TONY that Shockey had on Eli. Walking on eggs shells, etc. I just wonder if next year would the Boys be better without TO. Granted we would have to have another wideout. But he is just a bombshell. I like TO but I just think that his shadow lingers so heavily on each play that doesnt go towards him that it is a hindrence on this offense.

Boysboy

Reaction score
88 enough said;2475328 said:
Does TO have the same effect on TONY that Shockey had on Eli. Walking on eggs shells, etc. I just wonder if next year would the Boys be better without TO. Granted we would have to have another wideout. But he is just a bombshell. I like TO but I just think that his shadow lingers so heavily on each play that doesnt go towards him that it is a hindrence on this offense.

Yeah-if we had hung onto that 13-3 lead in the 4th against a Steelers offense that was doing next to nothing, these numerous anti-TO threads wouldn't even be a second thought.:mad:

twentytwo

Reaction score
Boysboy;2475357 said:
Yeah-if we had hung onto that 13-3 lead in the 4th against a Steelers offense that was doing next to nothing, these numerous anti-TO threads wouldn't even be a second thought.:mad:

Amen. No idea how every single one of our losses is TOs fault. I wish more of our players had the passion that TO has. He's a competitor.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
If you asked Eli about Shockey.

Then asked Romo about TO.... do you think they both say the same things?

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
It's really not that far fetched of an idea. To be honest, a part of me (a big part) is sort of hoping Dallas cuts ties with TO after the season.

Reaction score
YoMick;2475375 said:
If you asked Eli about Shockey.

Then asked Romo about TO.... do you think they both say the same things?

They would both say the politically correct thing. But what about if they were with their dads cooking out and having a beer.

I have enjoyed watching TO and pulling for him. To say he is a competitor is one thing but its a thin line between that and being a selfish crybaby. You ask yourself- Would TO be ok catching 2 balls a game all year and they were winning, if his stats were 32 catches for 500 yards for 2008 but the Boys were 15-1. I just wonder is it winning that is important or being the vocal point of the offense.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2475378 said:
It's really not that far fetched of an idea. To be honest, a part of me (a big part) is sort of hoping Dallas cuts ties with TO after the season.

It's not far fetched at all. But, i don't know if i'd go as far as parting ways in 09. If it falls apart and turns sour again next year then i'd consider it. We still have to see how 08 turns out.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
88 enough said;2475417 said:
They would both say the politically correct thing. But what about if they were with their dads cooking out and having a beer.

I have enjoyed watching TO and pulling for him. To say he is a competitor is one thing but its a thin line between that and being a selfish crybaby. You ask yourself- Would TO be ok catching 2 balls a game all year and they were winning, if his stats were 32 catches for 500 yards for 2008 but the Boys were 15-1. I just wonder is it winning that is important or being the vocal point of the offense.

Winning. When he stunk it up and we won, he said nothing, just happy to get the W.

It's when he's uninvolved in the offense and the Cowboys lose that he gets upset, because he feels like he can be a catalyst for victory. I don't blame him - all great players want to win the game for their team.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
88 enough said;2475417 said:

What would Romo's stats/wins be without TO to start his career??

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
YoMick;2475444 said:
What would Romo's stats/wins be without TO to start his career??

There is no way of knowing, we don't know who would be here if owens wasn't.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2475454 said:

Teams are now starting the pin their ears back and they are gunning for Romo.

Take TO out of the offense where he accounts for 2(sometimes 3) defenders and Romo is getting nailed more and more.

Unfortunately some just dont/WONT see that.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
YoMick;2475464 said:
Teams are now starting the pin their ears back and they are gunning for Romo.

Take TO out of the offense where he accounts for 2(sometimes 3) defenders and Romo is getting nailed more and more.

Unfortunately some just dont/WONT see that.

That has zero to do with what I said but ok.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2475454 said:

Dave_in-NC;2475467 said:
That has zero to do with what I said but ok.

Ok.

Go check Garcia's stats WITH TO and without. Over 30 TD's with TO in his offense - 2 years in a row. Never sniffed that again when TO left.

Go check McNabb's stats WITH TO and without. 31 TD's with TO. McNabb first and only time over 30 TD's.

There is absolutely a way of knowing. Just check Owens/QB success.

A large part of "The legend of Tony Romo" is due in part to having TO in his offense.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
YoMick;2475509 said:
Ok.

Go check Garcia's stats WITH TO and without. Over 30 TD's with TO in his offense - 2 years in a row. Never sniffed that again when TO left.

Go check McNabb's stats WITH TO and without. 31 TD's with TO. McNabb first and only time over 30 TD's.

There is absolutely a way of knowing. Just check Owens/QB success.

A large part of "The legend of Tony Romo" is due in part to having TO in his offense.

McNabb got to the SB while owens was hurt right? I could be wrong.
Garcia has been very good and very bad his whole career.

He was benched at the beginning of this year, he seems to be doing well now and could very well be in the playoffs while owens is at home crying to the press.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2475548 said:

Can I borrow this?

your quote - "That has zero to do with what I said but ok."

I made my point.
You evaded.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Apples to oranges. Romo has way more back bone than Sheli...:rolleyes:

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2475548 said:

He was benched at the beginning of this year, he seems to be doing well now and could very well be in the playoffs while owens is at home crying to the press.

Garcia is having a heck of a game tonight, FWIW. I've always liked him. Never liked McNabb though.