TO Meets Marcus Washington

menace

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Right next to Roy knocking the crap out of your former #1 round pic qb Ramsey and blowing up your fb Cartwright.

Right underneathe Arrington ending Aikman's career.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
menace said:

You sure do add a lot around here. Why don't you just copy and paste a whole list of big hits and injuries and then you have no need to post anymore.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
menace said:

Arrington gave Aikman a concussion.

Aikman's career ended cuz of his back problems, not concussions.

Arrington didn't end Aikman's career.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
E-Dog Night said:
They do get banned but not forever. When they come back, they have the avatar as a scarlet letter of sorts. If they behave for an extended period of time, the mods will remove the avatar.

I can't believe I'm having this conversation.

Its funny last year there was a thread about the cap I got involved in, I told straight facts about how much the Skins salaries would add up to and I guessed within 2 million of the original 95 mill cap (I said 97 I think) I called nobody names, yet I was flamed by everyone and it was encouraged by Mods, I was given a "special avatar" and it was removed when I talked to OM and he read the thread. Looking back on that thread I was 90% right in everything I said the salaries were what I posted, the cap was originally what I stated. he only thing I missed ws the CBA being extended before this season instead of after. Yet I got one of these avatars. They are used to curb debate and nothing else. Sure some trolls get them, but they are also given to people who actually debate a subject intelligently in order to get them to stop posting.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
E-Dog Night said:
Ah, I was going to bed, but...

No it doesn't strike me as the least bit hypocritical, and here's why:

Like I said, I'd PREFER not to have such an avatar over here, but it's not a major issue. And they reason I'd prefer not is because I know I'd never do anything to deserve it. I'm polite, and I made sure my first post here was respectful, like when entering someone else's home for the first time.

The board rules at ES are posted, and they state very clearly that, "While we enjoy having visitors, we did not leave the door open hoping to have people drop by intent on changing our way of thinking...don't make the mistake of thinking this is a friendly environment...when there is a presumption to be given, it will be given to a Commanders fan."

That's actually the first thing posted in the forum rules after the opening, which points to it's importance. Some may disagree, and that's their right. But no one should be surprised that, when they engage in disparging smack-talk, they get slapped with a less than flattering avatar.
You just outlined exactly why the philosophy is flawed and you don't even see it.

Anything I say further will look like I am bashing ES and I prefer not to do that. You can PM me if you wish to really discuss this.

I repeat, this forum will not abuse powers like that. It doesn't curtail anything, it invites more of the same.

Undisputed

Reaction score
Hmmm an increased number of trolls. Thats when you know Skins' fans are really sweating now, no matter what they say. Bahahaha. Fear America's Team in 2006...

hooskins

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Yes, but considering ES is one of the worst moderated, least knowledgeable, ansd useless boards on the internet, me thinks we wont be following their example.

I agree 100 percent. I use the warpath, much better

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Its really sad when the best a Skins fan trying to trash the Cowboys can only come up with is a video that doesn't even have a Cowboy in it.:rolleyes:

the_h0wey

Reaction score
I think all anyone is saying is show respect. If you come to a cowboys board and talk trash and make no valid point you will be hated and give your team a bad name. If you come make a valid point we will give you respect and you will be excepted. And I can tell you i am posative this forum will never be run like ES.....thank God for that

cmoney51951

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I started to load the video and then realized it was not Ed Reed.

I thought you said it was the best saftey in the league.
...ok the best in the nfc
i4got bout ed hes a stud