TO needs to clear his head

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
when things arent going right.

When he is on the sidelines ranting and yelling he would be better suited sitting/talking with Tony and Garrett on how to get something going.

He is such a talent.
He is a game changer.
He is a playmaker.

But if thats not happening.

He is a headcase.

I put alot of this on TO.
But a close 2nd is on Garrett and Romo. Both of their slices of bread are buttered with TO.

I hope this is addressed and corrected.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I thought T.O. handled things great yesterday.

Don't forget......ROMO over threw T.O. on a bomb

The coverage schemes are great for Philly......bumping T.O. to the inside....and deep safety help .......

T.O. did drop a pass......which he admitted......I am impressed with T.O. this year for sure.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
All players that are fiery take theyre emotions out on the sidelines< look at Irvin...He handled the press conference like a professional, and hopefully he gets more involved next week. If that bomb was there its a TD.

Mash

Reaction score
I dont know how we can put this on TO.....

The guy was open alot......Romo missed him.....didnt look his way and when he did.....he forced it...

We dont know what TO was saying......and it may not be good....but the games he isnt involved in.....we struggle......Romo has been off for the last few weeks...

How many passes were behind their targets yesterday.....Romo even overthrew dump of passes....

It was a bad game by Romo....

If I was TO I would be upset too......what has been working....like getting him moved around.....isnt happening lately.

Romo needs to pick his game up because this offense is all on him.....our running game is setup with the pass......if Romo struggles......Barber and JJ wont win us a game......

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Coakleys Dad;1839772 said:
All players that are fiery take theyre emotions out on the sidelines< look at Irvin...He handled the press conference like a professional, and hopefully he gets more involved next week. If that bomb was there its a TD.

I hear ya.. and I am pro TO too...

but... we are not as good as that team. I would like to see TO take the next step and stay in the game... when he doesnt he has drops.

Man that overthrow to TO was gonna be so sweet... how abou that pass that was a little too much to the sidelines later... another step and TO has that one too.

Back to the almost TD.... it seemed that Tony(not only was it overthrown) but the angle was not vertical enough..... he has to get that up the line so TO can run and score.... now that I think of it... maybe it takes TO out of bounds. Not rippint Tony... just some thoughts

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Huh?

Yes, Terrell Owens was pretty animated on the sidelines.

Conversely, there was footage shown during the game where Terrell Owens walked up the Tony Romo and patted him on the shoulder.

Terrell Owens was basically a non-factor in the Lions games stat-wise and we won. So I really don't see why anyone will blame him for this loss.

The loss clearly rests on Romo and the passive defensive playcalling late in the game.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1839782 said:
Huh?

Yes, Terrell Owens was pretty animated on the sidelines.

Conversely, there was footage shown during the game where Terrell Owens walked up the Tony Romo and patted him on the shoulder.

Terrell Owens was basically a non-factor in the Lions games stat-wise and we won. So I really don't see why anyone will blame him for this loss.

The loss clearly rests on Romo and the passive defensive playcalling late in the game.

I didnt blame TO for loss.
I blame him for drops because he cant keep his head in game.

But if you want to go there.... Romo gets alot of blame but TO needs to catch those passes.... and I am STILL NOT blaming TO.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
YoMick;1839787 said:
I didnt blame TO for loss.
I blame him for drops because he cant keep his head in game.

But if you want to go there.... Romo gets alot of blame but TO needs to catch those passes.... and I am STILL NOT blaming TO.

True, he had some drops but that was not the reason we lost.

Now, if T.O. would have dropped a ball like he did in the Washington Game last year, where that would have put us up by two TDS, yes, I would blame him, but I didn't walk away from last night's game mad at T.O.

It was more about Romo's in-effectiveness and the conservative Defensive Playcalling.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1839809 said:
True, he had some drops but that was not the reason we lost.

Now, if T.O. would have dropped a ball like he did in the Washington Game last year, where that would have put us up by two TDS, yes, I would blame him, but I didn't walk away from last night's game mad at T.O.

It was more about Romo's in-effectiveness and the conservative Defensive Playcalling.

I just dont like how we let defenses dictate how and if we use TO. That doesnt have to be the case everytime.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
YoMick;1839815 said:
I just dont like how we let defenses dictate how and if we use TO. That doesnt have to be the case everytime.

How though?

You have to take what the defenses give you.

If a Defensive Coordinator refuses to allow your best player to beat him, then alot of times, that will be the case unless his players completely blow it.

That is why Crayton, Barber/Jones and Hurd have to step up.

I didn't list Witten because he does.

I think people are seeing why the loss to Glenn was so huge.

As the season progresses and we get into the Playoffs, the defensive schemes will become even more complex and the defenses we face in general will be more talented.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Bottom line is that, without forcing the issue, you gotta get this guy involved early.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Mash;1839775 said:
I dont know how we can put this on TO.....

The guy was open alot......Romo missed him.....didnt look his way and when he did.....he forced it...

We dont know what TO was saying......and it may not be good....but the games he isnt involved in.....we struggle......Romo has been off for the last few weeks...

How many passes were behind their targets yesterday.....Romo even overthrew dump of passes....

It was a bad game by Romo....

If I was TO I would be upset too......what has been working....like getting him moved around.....isnt happening lately.

Romo needs to pick his game up because this offense is all on him.....our running game is setup with the pass......if Romo struggles......Barber and JJ wont win us a game......
I understand T.O. he was open alot yesterday and Romo kept missing him except for the one he dropped.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Where is the quick, easy stuff across the middle to T.O. that we used to see all the time, as in the Bears game? Is it really that easy for defenses to take away from Garrett and our offense the best receiver in the NFC?

Is it stupid or ignorant to think we should run the ball more than 14 times a game in back to back weeks? Especially in a game where we never trailed by more than 4 points and our QB was not throwing the ball accurately?

If I was Jerry, those are questions I would be asking this morning at VR.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
What TO needs is a game plan that gets him some short stuff early in the game. When he gets shut out early he tends to lose focus. Reid did an excellent job with that sort of stuff TO's first year in Philly.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
we all know he is a headcase. he's improved but a leopard doesn't change it's spots. TO is a frontrunner. if he is not in the game early his concentration wanes significantly.

his mannerisms, pouting and overall non-competitive-ness for the football are horrible. Tony clearly was forcing plays to him, and i'm sorry at least of that comes from PRESSING due to the subconscious fact that TO is a flake.

a flake who has DISAPPEARED THE LAST TWO DEC GAMES (and as he did vs 3 out of 4 philly games)

that said Garrett (and Wade as his superior) was BIGGEST problem yesterday. He did not coach whatsoever.

YoMick;1839756 said:

When he is on the sidelines ranting and yelling he would be better suited sitting/talking with Tony and Garrett on how to get something going.

He is such a talent.
He is a game changer.
He is a playmaker.

He is a headcase.

But a close 2nd is on Garrett and Romo. Both of their slices of bread are buttered with TO.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
chinch;1839997 said:
we all know he is a headcase. he's improved but a leopard doesn't change it's spots. TO is a frontrunner. if he is not in the game early his concentration wanes significantly.

his mannerisms, pouting and overall non-competitive-ness for the football are horrible. Tony clearly was forcing plays to him, and i'm sorry at least of that comes from PRESSING due to the subconscious fact that TO is a flake.

a flake who has DISAPPEARED THE LAST TWO DEC GAMES (and as he did vs 3 out of 4 philly games)

that said Garrett (and Wade as his superior) was BIGGEST problem yesterday. He did not coach whatsoever.

I agree somewhat with the bold.

But couldn't a case be made that he forces balls to Terrell Owens because he is our biggest threat on offense, from a TD and big play perspective?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
YoMick;1839756 said:

He is such a talent.
He is a game changer.
He is a playmaker.

He is a headcase.

I agree.

I think Garrett's and Romo's desire to get T.O. the ball may be their undoing.

If we have to go five games with T.O. not getting the ball because of coverage, but T.O.'s lack of balls results in wins, then that's what we need to do.

That's the part of Romo's game he has to develop more patience in. Teams know he wants to go to T.O., and good teams will use that against him.