TO talks Dak and Brady

garyo1954

Reaction score
Not by any means do I much into what TO has to say, but.....

"Owens said the reason he believes Jones isn’t sold on Prescott because of the contract situation going on between the quarterback and the Cowboys.

“He hasn’t extended Dak’s contract,” Owens said of Jerry Jones. “So, that leads me to believe he truly doesn’t believe in Dak. If he had, then I think he would have already got a contract extension.”

It’s worth pointing out that reports indicate Prescott will be secured via the franchise tag this offseason while he and the Cowboys continue to try and pound out a long-term extension. That being said, given the other options out there this coming spring in free agency, one wonders if the Cowboys could potentially be looking elsewhere."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...dak-prescott-should-sign-tom-brady/ar-BBYNomZ

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Actually I wouldn't totally discount what TO is saying. I mean Aikman and Romo got their extension with little or no issues. Not what he's not saying is the top 5 offer that's been on the table that Daz chose not to sign. I honestly think we'll know if this problem/issue is real or not in a couple of months. IF they franchise Dak, things could interesting....fast.

Oneiros

Reaction score
Actually I wouldn't totally discount what TO is saying. I mean Aikman and Romo got their extension with little or no issues. Not what he's not saying is the top 5 offer that's been on the table that Daz chose not to sign. I honestly think we'll know if this problem/issue is real or not in a couple of months. IF they franchise Dak, things could interesting....fast.
True. But we're also not 100% certain of what Dak was demanding contract wise.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Well, if for any reason he truly isn't sold on Dak then this is a pretty deep QB draft.

If nothing else it might be worth taking a flier to groom as a solid backup with potential to become a starter.

Been in the franchise tag group all along. He's a good QB.

He could be the next Warren Moon, Dan Fouts, Ken Anderson. (Never reach the Super Bowl)

He could be in the Dan Marino, Steve McNair, Donovan McNabb tier. (Reach it not win)

In the bigger picture this team should be making waves in the play-offs with the talent it has. Players make plays and Dak seldom come up big when its needed (for whatever reason).

Reactions: CWR

Proof

Reaction score
I don’t understand how any rationale person out there can hear the Jones’s gush over Dak and not bekieve he’s absolutely they’re guy. There’s just simply been too many moving pieces this past offseason, coupled with Dak pushing for a shorter deal to reach an agreement, and really no particular reason to worry about it.

aikemirv

Reaction score

I really dont think there is a comparison between the two times - When Aikman signed his 8 year deal in 1993 there was no cap.

When Romo Signed his deal, his was 14% of the cap per year.

What Dak and other QB's are asking for is 30% of the cap

There is a lot more to consider now than then!!!

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I love TO, but look at him being cancer all the way from retirement.

I know it kills him waking up every day and not being a WR anymore, but c'mon man.

blueblood70

Reaction score
odd SAS and the First tak crew disagreed whol heartedly with TO..

I do as well.. for the same reason which is this is not TB12 of 5 years ago, this year right now a young developing Dak is the best choice of the two..

TB might be worth a risk to some team ready for a championship NOW and has a great OL, RB, and Defense..

I dont see that all the playoff teams besides the Titans have their guys.. so who left that TOM can get them over a hump?

IMO he might do that here but is it worth the risk? we do have more toys to go around him then he had this year, if the D and ST are fixed maybe TB could get us over the top but the word IF and Might make me nervous.. I believe you give DAK those things he can also get us the same distance..

Kaiser

Reaction score
ownership is sold on dak. they just don't want to pay him what he's demanding.

Its like the Fortune Cookie thing of ending it with "in bed". Every TO statement sounds like it should start with "TO said" and end with "sitting in a bar".

And I liked him as a player.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

"Owens said the reason he believes Jones isn’t sold on Prescott because of the contract situation going on between the quarterback and the Cowboys.

“He hasn’t extended Dak’s contract,” Owens said of Jerry Jones. “So, that leads me to believe he truly doesn’t believe in Dak. If he had, then I think he would have already got a contract extension.”

It’s worth pointing out that reports indicate Prescott will be secured via the franchise tag this offseason while he and the Cowboys continue to try and pound out a long-term extension. That being said, given the other options out there this coming spring in free agency, one wonders if the Cowboys could potentially be looking elsewhere."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...dak-prescott-should-sign-tom-brady/ar-BBYNomZ

Owens is correct as if Jerry believed in Prescott he would be a richer man today!
The spring will bring a new reality for Dak....Time to take out the Garbage!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

TO reads @PAPPYDOG clearly.

Oneiros

Reaction score
Been in the franchise tag group all along. He's a good QB.

He could be the next Warren Moon, Dan Fouts, Ken Anderson. (Never reach the Super Bowl)

He could be in the Dan Marino, Steve McNair, Donovan McNabb tier. (Reach it not win)

In the bigger picture this team should be making waves in the play-offs with the talent it has. Players make plays and Dak seldom come up big when its needed (for whatever reason).
True. But sadly, Dak's not the only one on our team who doesn't make a big play when it's needed most.

That can pretty much be said about the team as a whole. Whether it's an untimely drop from Cooper or Gallup. Or Zeke not getting as many yards as what he has in the past. Or not being able to make a stop on D or timely INT. Or our old kicker nailing a 50+ yard FG and then missing a chip shot.

I'm not a Dak homer but just saying that there's plenty of blame to go around with our team.

The whole team is guilty of not making the big play when it's needed most.

garyo1954

Reaction score
I really dont think there is a comparison between the two times - When Aikman signed his 8 year deal in 1993 there was no cap.

When Romo Signed his deal, his was 14% of the cap per year.

What Dak and other QB's are asking for is 30% of the cap

There is a lot more to consider now than then!!!

Yep!

And if you read the other article it appears that Dak has hinted he's asking for that much as "he owes it to other players to push for a record-breaking deal — something Dallas has shown an aversion to doing."

https://sportsnaut.com/2019/11/repo...nchise-tag-on-dak-prescott-after-2019-season/

garyo1954

Reaction score
True. But sadly, Dak's not the only one on our team who doesn't make a big play when it's needed most.

That can pretty much be said about the team as a whole. Whether it's an untimely drop from Cooper or Gallup. Or Zeke not getting as many yards as what he has in the past. Or not being able to make a stop on D or timely INT. Or our old kicker nailing a 50+ yard FG and then missing a chip shot.

I'm not a Dak homer but just saying that there's plenty of blame to go around with our team.

The whole team is guilty of not making the big play when it's needed most.

Agreed!