TO talks Dak and Brady

Proof

Reaction score
You guys believe what y'all want to believe lol. If he was their guy like some of y'all claim he would've been signed. They payed Zeke when he had two years left but the QB that y'all claim they gush over soooo much hasn't been signed yet? Y'all the types to believe anything someone says even though the actions say otherwise. I think he gets signed but I'm not sure if he is their guy like y'all claim when he has to do all of this for a contract. If Dak was Mahommes level talent you think they'd make him wait?

I mean unless “y’all” = the joneses I don’t know what else to tell you. They’ve been extremely clear and upfront. Zeke held out. That’s why he got signed, and he wanted far less than even what the biggest Dak detractor would want him to sign for, so that’s a lot easier to accomplish. As far as mahomes, yes I think that he’d be signed already because he’s as electric a talent as the league has seen. You do whatever it takes to lock him down. Not being one of the single best QBs in league history doesn’t mean that Dak isn’t their guy. Unfortunately you don’t get to just pluck whoever you want. Do I believe in a draft of all nfl players that he’d be their pick if they had number one overall? No, but things don’t work that way.

sfPZEKk.jpg

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Everyone wants to heap on TO but he makes an interesting point.
When has Jerry ever hesitated to pay someone that he wanted. I mean really wanted.

I don't think it's ever happened.

He made Emmitt Hold out 2 games and since then he's always ponied up. Always.
Even when he probably shouldn't have.

It's easy to say "shut up TO, he's a cancer, etc" but they are discounting what is probably a very valid point just because they don't like the guy who's saying it.

that's a dangerous thing to do, because you are focusing on the messenger rather than the message.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Yep!

And if you read the other article it appears that Dak has hinted he's asking for that much as "he owes it to other players to push for a record-breaking deal — something Dallas has shown an aversion to doing."

https://sportsnaut.com/2019/11/repo...nchise-tag-on-dak-prescott-after-2019-season/

That's wonderful news, that according to Dak's own words, he is putting the interests of the other 31 starting QB's in the league, above the best interests of the Dallas Cowboys.

Always good to hear things like this.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yeah, left out a word or two there, but too late to edit now.

I was thinking of adding that McCarthy isn't afraid of change at QB.

In all his stops before becoming head coach at Green Bay he was either a QB coach or offensive coordinator. Unknown how much input he had in the changes.

In KC they had Montana 2 year, then Bono 2, Grbac 1, and Gannon 1.
1999 he was QB coach for Favre.
2000 he was in NO with Jeff Blake. The next year they started Aaron Brooks.
After 4 years of Brooks, he went to the 49ers where he and Mike Nolan chose and started Alex Smith.
2006 he landed in Green Bay and started Favre for 2 before naming Aaron Rodgers his starter. (Favre initially retired, then chose to come back. Big Mc told him he could come back as the backup to Aaron)

Given all that, McCarthy is going to come in and develop the overall QB position. Dak may get the keys this year and next, but if he's not getting us where Coach wants to go, I can see Big Mc pulling the plug IF he has someone he feels is better prepared to get the job done.

(I say IF in caps to hopefully keep the flame wars on low heat.)

Some interesting back stories in all this. In 1999 Rich Gannon signed with the Raiders. He won the NFL MVP award in 2002 and took the Raiders to the Super Bowl where he threw 5 interceptions, a record.

Grbac signed a free agent contract, 5 years, $30 mill with Baltimore in 2000 to replace Trent Dilfer. He was released at the end of the year. He was named to the 50 Worst Free Agent Signings along with Scott Mitchell, Kerry Collins, Jeff Garcia, and Derek Anderson.
You can't throw out a comment like, "McCarthy isn't afraid of change at QB" without putting it in context to the situation with the Cowboys. Just because it's something he's done in the past doesn't mean it's something he's not afraid to do in the future. Each time he has done it in the past, it was situationally driven. Dak had a very good season in 2019. It ought to scare the crap out of McCarthy to be back in that situation again given the good season Dak just had. The bottom line is the situation with Dak at QB is solid. The possibility of change at that position exists only in the mind of sycophant Dak haters. We seem to have a lot of those at CZ .

garyo1954

Reaction score
You can't throw out a comment like, "McCarthy isn't afraid of change at QB" without putting it in context to the situation with the Cowboys. Just because it's something he's done in the past doesn't mean it's something he's not afraid to do in the future. Each time he has done it in the past, it was situationally driven. Dak had a very good season in 2019. It ought to scare the crap out of McCarthy to be back in that situation again given the good season Dak just had. The bottom line is the situation with Dak at QB is solid. The possibility of change at that position exists only in the mind of sycophant Dak haters. We seem to have a lot of those at CZ .

I'm not going to get in a war of words with you because I know you can't say and have nothing in his history, to hint he won't. If you are of the mind that Dak is the end all solution, you're welcome to that assumption.

cern

Reaction score
How are they sold on him then? That doesn't really make sense to me. If you're sold on something/one you'd pay the going rate even if the rate is a little bit more than you thought it would be. That's what I've saw in relationships and purchases myself and others have done. Pretty sure you and others have saw similar.
What makes sense to some doesn't to others. We're talking about a deal that will be in excess of 100 million with much of it guaranteed. What I've seen in my experience in high level negotiations is they take time.
Many more i's to dot and t's to cross. They got him for cheap this year. Why rush to pay 15 times more. That's what wouldn't make sense to me.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Not by any means do I much into what TO has to say, but.....

"Owens said the reason he believes Jones isn’t sold on Prescott because of the contract situation going on between the quarterback and the Cowboys.

“He hasn’t extended Dak’s contract,” Owens said of Jerry Jones. “So, that leads me to believe he truly doesn’t believe in Dak. If he had, then I think he would have already got a contract extension.”

It’s worth pointing out that reports indicate Prescott will be secured via the franchise tag this offseason while he and the Cowboys continue to try and pound out a long-term extension. That being said, given the other options out there this coming spring in free agency, one wonders if the Cowboys could potentially be looking elsewhere."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...dak-prescott-should-sign-tom-brady/ar-BBYNomZ
TO? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Not by any means do I much into what TO has to say, but.....

"Owens said the reason he believes Jones isn’t sold on Prescott because of the contract situation going on between the quarterback and the Cowboys.

“He hasn’t extended Dak’s contract,” Owens said of Jerry Jones. “So, that leads me to believe he truly doesn’t believe in Dak. If he had, then I think he would have already got a contract extension.”

It’s worth pointing out that reports indicate Prescott will be secured via the franchise tag this offseason while he and the Cowboys continue to try and pound out a long-term extension. That being said, given the other options out there this coming spring in free agency, one wonders if the Cowboys could potentially be looking elsewhere."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...dak-prescott-should-sign-tom-brady/ar-BBYNomZ

As stephen jones said today, they were close to agreeing before the season, and dak wanted no distractions so hewent into the season without a new deal.

Jones also said he expects a deal with dak sooner than later, not the franchise tag.

Wish you people would stop posting rumors from outside the team. And just listen to this team theyll tell you exactly whats going on and what will happen. Or do you huys just love the rumors and talk heads more then whats really happening in Dallas?

Troy had some of you believing the Jones' were holding JG hostage so he couldnt talk to teams. Which he clearly could. And Jones told media that JG backed the McCarthy signing. And JG knew thery were moving forward.

Stop listening to Troy and TO and the rest of the talk heads trying to get you guys into believing something.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not going to get in a war of words with you because I know you can't say and have nothing in his history, to hint he won't. If you are of the mind that Dak is the end all solution, you're welcome to that assumption.
DO NOT miscategorize why you won't get in a war of words with me. You aren't prepared to get in a war of words with the likes of a word war-machine like me. It's okay, few are. It's actually smart of you to have such discretion. A man should know his limits and you apparently do... good job.

Dak is our franchise QB for several years into the future.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
DO NOT miscategorize why you won't get in a war of words with me. You aren't prepared to get in a war of words with the likes of a word war-machine like me. It's okay, few are. It's actually smart of you to have such discretion. A man should know his limits and you apparently do... good job.

Then the franchise is very likely going to underachieve

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Or you don't know what you are talking about. Yeah, that one is more likely what is happening here.

Credit to you

at least you didn't tell me now it's time for me to go find another team like most of your fellow Dak bots

I'm going to check out now as I don't want to get into a war of words with a self-proclaimed and renowned wordsmith such as yourself
:lmao:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Credit to you

at least you didn't tell me now it's time for me to go find another team like most of your fellow Dak bots

I'm going to check out now as I don't want to get into a war of words with a self-proclaimed and renowned wordsmith such as yourself
:lmao:

LMAO.....word war-machine....yall help me up.

I can't do this now, I just found out Neil Peart has died.

garyo1954

Reaction score

LMAO.....word war-machine....yall help me up.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I can't do this now, I just found out Neil Peart has died.

With Dak as the designated QB of the future, I just found out the Cowboys hopes for ring #6 have died for the next decade, and I'm still at it.

Some wordsmith you are....

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why because he speaks the truth.

Sorry not everyone who wears a star is a God. Troll Slayer

#DontpayDak
He’s speaking possibility. We don’t know the truth. My bet is a deal will get done though