To those demanding we cut certain players

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
Except it's not. How will Ware be remembered 20 years from now? Will it be like Haley, Lilly, Martin and others? Not even close. It will be "oh yeah that guy who filled up the stat sheet in the sacks column"

Ware is not one of the greatest to put on a Dallas uniform. Again, being great is more than just your own personal accomplishments. And that goes for every player in this dark era. The nucleus of Romo, Witten and Ware has generated absolutely nothing but mediocrity. Heck even the some of the Buffalo Bills aren't looked at as fondly and Andre Reed just finally got into the HOF. And and they went to 4 Super Bowls in a row. This core has won one measly wild card game.

So sorry if I don't gawk over Ware.

Haha wow, there's nothing worse than the fan who blames and entire team's woes on a LB/DE. There's a good chance Ware ends up in the Top ten of all-time sack leaders. He is an four-time all-pro, and every four+ time all pro pass rusher who isn't I'm the HOF. There probably a 90% chance he ends up in the HOF, so yes, he is a Cowboys great, and just because some ignorant fans don't appreciate his contributions because he played on crappy teams doesn't diminish his contributions, it just illustrates the short-sightedness and irrationality of some fans.

Szczepanik

Reaction score
Notice how when irrational fans describe the nucleus of the team, they say Romo, Witten, Ware.

Not like the other 50 men on the roster aren't important either...

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Notice how when irrational fans describe the nucleus of the team, they say Romo, Witten, Ware.

For this team...no...many players should be expendable. ..in fact if I was jason Garrett. .id invite the whole team..minus a few...as each guy is drafted..id wave goodbye to the player in the drafted position and end this freak show.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
I agree that Ware probably has 2 or 3 years left in him.

The problem is the money.

It would be stupid for Dallas to restructure.. So that is what they will probably do.

If he won't take a paycut then it's in our best interest for the future to let him go.

Your last sentence sums the situation up, he has been a very good player for this franchise who did it without much help for years.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Let me offer a dissenting view: When a player is called a loser or bum, that is too bad because no one should call another human bean that. Harry the guy who picks up your restaurant oil for recycling, he doesn't deserve that because he be working at minium wage. Rita the meter maid just wants to pay her mortgage. Yes, names can hurt and the common folk (us) need respect. I do happen to think that when a player enters the NFL or NBA or becomes a celebrity in entertainment he or she becomes a public person and it is inevitable that people take very public potshots at them.
I dont think that millionaire players need wince when we of the noncelebrity ilk cast stones and aspirsions on them. They is rich and dont care what we say. it is just our way to express displeasure because we are mostly inarticulate and nonacademic. And largely powerless.
So, in a few words: don't care too much what we call players. they is rich and can take it. I doubt they is here reading what we unwashed say. So don't let it get you down like a pancake block on Sean Lee.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Let me offer a dissenting view: When a player is called a loser or bum, that is too bad because no one should call another human bean that. Harry the guy who picks up your restaurant oil for recycling, he doesn't deserve that because he be working at minium wage. Rita the meter maid just wants to pay her mortgage. Yes, names can hurt and the common folk (us) need respect. I do happen to think that when a player enters the NFL or NBA or becomes a celebrity in entertainment he or she becomes a public person and it is inevitable that people take very public potshots at them.
I dont think that millionaire players need wince when we of the noncelebrity ilk cast stones and aspirsions on them. They is rich and dont care what we say. it is just our way to express displeasure because we are mostly inarticulate and nonacademic. And largely powerless.
So, in a few words: don't care too much what we call players. they is rich and can take it. I doubt they is here reading what we unwashed say. So don't let it get you down like a pancake block on Sean Lee.

Maybe we should enroll all the players, coaches and FO on the site with the staff as their guardian ad litem then you won't be able to call them names. Hmmmmmm!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Maybe we should enroll all the players, coaches and FO on the site with the staff as their guardian ad litem then you won't be able to call them names. Hmmmmmm!

I don't rightly know what that means. But the "Hmmmmmm" is unnerving. Or is there a pizza nearby and you meant to type in "mmmmmm."

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree 100% with the OP, and don't understand a mindset that not only whiffs on the obvious logical distinction between a player's abilities and a team's accomplishment, but also, for whatever bad reason, thinks this whiffed distinction is a reason to disrespect the player, anyway.

Even if Ware were not considered by some to be a franchise great, it's not an excuse to disrespect his work in Dallas. There's no excuse for that from our fans.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

Yeah, it is really stupid. in 2014, there will only be maybe 2-3 guys left over from the Parcells era. There is no "core" here.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Yeah, it is really stupid. in 2014, there will only be maybe 2-3 guys left over from the Parcells era. There is no "core" here.

Our "core" is whomever Jerry Jones is paying the most.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
You do realize Ware is the all time sack leader of this franchise, right? And in the top 20 in NFL history?

I will take , Ed To Tall Jones, or Charles Haley ahead of DWARE.....good stats but the leagues plays more games today than they did back then.....dont get me wrong I like DWARE ....but the game is more than STATs.....he seems to be a nice guy but I never saw him take over a game in the playoffs or while a chance to get into the playoffs was on the line....better than most DE's out there but not the greatest IMO Similar to ROMO good player, great stats.. but?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I will take , Ed To Tall Jones, or Charles Haley ahead of DWARE.....good stats but the leagues plays more games today than they did back then.....dont get me wrong I like DWARE ....but the game is more than STATs.....he seems to be a nice guy but I never saw him take over a game in the playoffs or while a chance to get into the playoffs was on the line....better than most DE's out there but not the greatest IMO Similar to ROMO good player, great stats.. but?

Defensive Ends don't "take over games" by themselves.

This isn't the Defensive End League, it's the NFL. There are teams, and it takes all the guys suited up to win.

SacramentoKing

Nunez21
Reaction score
I really don't get people bashing him for "filling up stats sheet." He's a pass rusher... that's his job... he's one of the best to ever do it. Him and Jarred Allen are #1 and #2 during the last decade. Both will never win a SB, so what?

Next Years Champ

Reaction score
This is not about disrespecting these players.

It is about common fans finding it mostly hard to believe..

that players like Ware and Austin..

..who ARE supposed to be appreciative for everything they have as athletes..

Have. so dramatically underperformed their contracts..

and don't offer an apology for taking paychecks they didn't earn.

And then also refuse to take paycuts to even up what is going on financially.

I really don't care for what they are doing, either.

After losing Ratliff as we did and overpaying Spencer before he actually played well for us..

Ware and Austin are leaving much to desire as team leaders go.

IMO

Szczepanik

Reaction score
There are so many bigger issues on this team than Ware.

On the defense I would say:

Bruce Carter's regression
Lee's Injury.
Carr's subpar play.
Claibornes injuries.
Heath and Wilcox at the safety spot.
Spencer injury.
Ratliff situation.
Bass Injury.
Brent DUI.

But yet we focus on the player that is most likely going into the HOF. Give the man some help here. We are nailing him for a down year in a defense that was historically bad, in a new position with a new coordinator.

Sheesh folks.