To those demanding we cut certain players

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I've been torn on Ware but call him a bum?!! Get real, he's a HOF'er. He will bounce back and have 12+ sacks this year, hopefully for us although I hope we draft Ealy...

Austin a bum? Maybe just a drunk who ruined his hammy's by depleting his body with drinking...
No way...

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Can we show a little class as a site or better yet, a fanbase? Yeah, Ware seems to be on the down side and Austin is just not ever healthy enough to merit his salary but do we need to call players names?
"Bum" or "loser" is so degrading to players who were once vital pieces to our puzzle.
Ware is one of the greatest players for this franchise and people can actually stand to call him a bum.

Raise your internet hand if you've ever played football. How physically demanding was it? Could you play at age 31? Have some mutual respect for players, people, please.

I think most of those comments come from the younger aged video game mentality.I blame today's society and ourselves to some degree for not disciplining our children. Dr, Spock was an ***.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Yes and I explained later. White was a better all around athlete by a fair bit and yes I know this to be true. He didn't have the intense competitive drive Roger had. Roger couldn't stand to lose at anything.

Roger is probably the better football player of them all but this part is just my opinion. Obviously they all have an intense desire to win. I have no inside knowledge of Aikman or Romo but IMO they are more athletic than Roger. We're not talking a lot here.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Haha wow, there's nothing worse than the fan who blames and entire team's woes on a LB/DE. There's a good chance Ware ends up in the Top ten of all-time sack leaders. He is an four-time all-pro, and every four+ time all pro pass rusher who isn't I'm the HOF. There probably a 90% chance he ends up in the HOF, so yes, he is a Cowboys great, and just because some ignorant fans don't appreciate his contributions because he played on crappy teams doesn't diminish his contributions, it just illustrates the short-sightedness and irrationality of some fans.

Is Julius peppers a HOFer? His and wares stats are basically even.

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
Is Julius peppers a HOFer? His and wares stats are basically even.

D.Ware

Games played- 141 Sacks- 117

J.Peppers

Games played- 186 Sacks -119

Sack totals are similiar but Ware has been in the league three less years.
Close, but no cigar. :)

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
and don't offer an apology for taking paychecks they didn't earn.

Ware and Austin are both from small schools.They both have made the pro bowl multiple times. Both were underdogs at some point in their lives. I gurantee after every visit to the gym, every win, every loss, and every practice since pop warner, they were physically drained. They earned what they have in sweat.

As I stated before, if you have never been in a football regimen in your life, shut your mouth before saying people don't earn their paychecks.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Yes and I explained later. White was a better all around athlete by a fair bit and yes I know this to be true. He didn't have the intense competitive drive Roger had. Roger couldn't stand to lose at anything.

Roger is probably the better football player of them all but this part is just my opinion. Obviously they all have an intense desire to win. I have no inside knowledge of Aikman or Romo but IMO they are more athletic than Roger. We're not talking a lot here.

I guess, but as I watched Staubach, I always thought of him as the "shortstop, point guard, quarterback" type of athlete that could do it all.
His athletic moves, scrambles, jump passes, etc. on the football field just confirmed what I always thought.
I don't know about White beating him at ping pong, but here is what he accomplished. And not all of this is just because of his intense desire to win, but also because of the special athlete that he was.

* Heisman Trophy
* Maxwell Award
* UPI College Player of the Year
* Walter Camp Memorial Trophy
* #12 retired from Navy Midshipmen
* College Football Hall of Fame
* 6x Pro Bowl selection
* 2x AP All-NFC
* 2x Super Bowl Champion
* 5x NFC Champion
* 1971 NFL MVP
* 1971 NFC Player of the Year
* Super Bowl MVP
* NFL 1970's All Decade Team
* Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor
* Pro Football Hall of Fame
* Rated #46 NFL Player of all-time by NFL.com

White may have beat him at ping-pong or basketball, .. but I'm going with Staubach as the most athletic.
Aikman is not even close to the athlete that Roger was, IMO.
Now Romo is an all around athlete.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Ware and Austin are both from small schools.They both have made the pro bowl multiple times. Both were underdogs at some point in their lives. I gurantee after every visit to the gym, every win, every loss, and every practice since pop warner, they were physically drained. They earned what they have in sweat.

As I stated before, if you have never been in a football regimen in your life, shut your mouth before saying people don't earn their paychecks.

I agree completely...

How anyone can state with a straight face that Ware (or any football player) didn't earn his contract is beyond me. These guys dedicate there whole lives to football and made it to the pinnacle of their profession. If it's so easy why don't some of you go out and do it?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

Most of them haven't. There's one poster here who is admittedly under 6 feet tall and weighs close to 300 lbs and criticizes the team like he could do it better or coach it better himself. It's hilarious.

You can easily tell who played ball and who didn't around here. Those of us who did get it. Those of us who didn't sound like petulant children. Good post, man.