To those saying Dak should accept a $15 mil/season team friendly deal like Tom Brady

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You said the second and third years would apply "That is, unless you think the Patriots are going to release Brady".

You were saying that unless he retires, the Patriots had him locked up, now you're trying to shift your argument rather than just admit that you misunderstood an admittedly odd contract.

You equated it with any other contact's option years, which it isn't.

You equated it with the extension that Dak may ultimately get, which it isn't.

But if you want to pretend that everyone just read your post wrong, I'll play along.
Try the full quote, rather than cutting it down to whatever suits you. What I wrote was …

As long as Brady wants to play in 2020, the second year of the contract will apply, and same for the 3rd year. That is, unless you think the Patriots are going to release Brady due to his inability to win, or Brady is tired of NE and no longer wants to play there. Is that what you think …?

And, again, do you really think Brady is going to void the contract in order to leave the team he has played for 19 years, in a town and region where he is a hero, and play for another team, or that the Pats are going to cut Brady as long as he wants to play and is still effective? To think that is incredibly unreaslistic.

And, in any case, that's not even the point. The point is 2020 and 2021 ARE part of the contract. The fact they are voidable doesn't change that. Again, as long as Brady wants to play, and the team wants him to play, the 2020 and 2021 portions of the contract will apply.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I offer, with no malice a aforethought, the following: The Harvard Business Analytics Program offers a rigorous on-line curriculum that will help you master emerging analytics practices and uncover valuable business insights with data.

While the Harvard announcement is not 100% aligned with this thread, it does apply to any number of Dak, Zeke or (fill in the blank) threads. There are a number of members that are data-driven and, I daresay could teach an analytics course (I am looking at you @percyhoward and @xwalker ), many on this board suffer from, what I would call, "let's throw something out there and see what happens" and then argue until they are blue in the face to support their premise regardless of the facts.

Sorry, guess I am just ready for real football. I would much rather discuss X's and O's than contracts... But that is me.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Tom Brady is different, and not comparable. When Prescott retires he's not going to command the revenue that a Tom Brady will. He won't get the same TV money, commercial money, or appearance money even as a Cowboys quarterback unless there is obvious signs Prescott will be the best quarterback in NFL history and I think team Prescott is conscious of the fact he won't be, so he needs to get as much as he can while he's playing in his prime. Prescott is also not married to a mega millionaire.