Today confirmed to me Jerry does not care about winning

diamonddelts

Reaction score
GOm6LV2.jpg

Jerry Jones buys Dallas Cowboys franchise: February 25, 1989.

Mr. Burns first appearance on the The Simpsons: December 17, 1989.

Coincidence?
Excellent.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I mean I was fine with firing big Mike but you could easily make an argument right now that Jerry made this move because he does care about winning. They are 36-15 the last 3 years and it’s technically the most winning they’ve done since 95’. The playoffs have been complete failures but before this it was 8-8’s, 5-11’s sprinkled in with some 10-6 and 11-5’s every few years.

Again, the packers game was a fireable offense but if you wanna make a case that Jerry doesn’t care about winning there are way stronger ones with more substance than keeping McCarthy.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I'm going to laugh my butt off when Jerry finally dies. This dude has gone WAY out of his way chasing the almighty dollar his entire life, and guess what? He can't take a single penny with him to the grave.

Nice job Jerry, now go rot in purgatory.
He's Citizen Kane. All the money in the world but deep down an empty shell

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry is all about Jerry and making more money off of loyal Dallas fans. Until we wake up as a fanbase-we deserve to get screwed every year.
this^^. Jerry thinks we are all dumb. He reboots the same damn lines and talking points every off season but nothing changes. Mike McCarthy is a lame duck HC and it will hinder the team in the offseason when free agency starts. MM has 0 authority and the team knows it. Jery is trying to muddle thru 2024 already, get thru Daks final year, pay ceedee and Micah, or we just tank. He certainly isnt trying to get better.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Snake oil salesmen through and through. Why should I care about this team when the Owner could care less and settles for losing. It was always a fake act that he cared about winning and all he cares about is the dollars he makes from merchandise. Stop supporting this man do not but his tickets, merch, nothing related to the Cowboys until he actually shows he cares about this franchise and not just milking the fans.
Maybe go on hiatus and take your talents here..... https://www.houstontexans.com/

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Snake oil salesmen through and through. Why should I care about this team when the Owner could care less and settles for losing. It was always a fake act that he cared about winning and all he cares about is the dollars he makes from merchandise. Stop supporting this man do not but his tickets, merch, nothing related to the Cowboys until he actually shows he cares about this franchise and not just milking the fans.
Man I figured this out years ago. Stage 1 was the Jimmy debacle. Stage 2 was running Parcells out. Stage 3 was the Garrett years.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Exactly. Jerry removed the mask , thus he removed any doubt. This is about hoodwinking the fans,media, for 1 purpose, MONEY. Running it back with MM might ruin this franchise for several years.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
I'm going to laugh my butt off when Jerry finally dies. This dude has gone WAY out of his way chasing the almighty dollar his entire life, and guess what? He can't take a single penny with him to the grave.

Which reminds me of the story where the millionaire requests that, upon his death, he be buried with all his money.

And on the day of his interment, his wife stands over his casket, writes a check for his net worth and shoves it into his casket just before it is lowered.

The decedent’s lawyers knew enough to keep the gravy train rolling. And continued to represent the millionaire’s widow until the day SHE passed away.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I've been there for years now.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
Only way to hurt him and force him to do things differently would be empty seats but most fans are casuals who only care about instant gratification and have no long-term vision so it'll never happen. They only need worthless regular season wins to be happy and don't care about winning a SB -- we even have some of them here.

rambo2

Reaction score
He actually does care. They didn't want to change the offense and they feel that gives them the best chance to win next year.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He actually does care. They didn't want to change the offense and they feel that gives them the best chance to win next year.
You are confused. Jerry cares more about making money than winning.

If Jerry did what was right and made a big change like getting rid of the QB or the coach, there is a chance that the Cowboys could take a step back next year (which is typically needed in order to ultimately improve a team).

If the Cowboys take a 1 or 2 year step back, it would cost Jerry money. And Jerry doesn’t want any part of that.

Staying relevant is mainly what Jerry wants. It keeps the money rolling.

We need the team to implode like it did with Wade. That is the only way that Jerry would be willing to make real changes which could ultimately improve the team.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
He cares about winning , but his way.
Which has a 28 year track record of failure.
My enthusiasm is way down.
Jerry has finally broken this 48 year fan.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

Going too far with that comment

sdfidaho

Reaction score
He cares.
He absolutely wants to win another SB before he dies.
He just doesn’t have any clue how to do it.
He hit a home run with Jimmy with his first hire and thought repeating that success was going to be easy. He’s been playing wack-a-mole ever since.

bysbox1

Reaction score
Only way to hurt him and force him to do things differently would be empty seats but most fans are casuals who only care about instant gratification and have no long-term vision so it'll never happen. They only need worthless regular season wins to be happy and don't care about winning a SB -- we even have some of them here.
Plus any seats unsold will happily go to the competitors fans. There were times the GB game sounded like an away game. Seemed like there were just as many GB fans there as Cowboy fans. Stadium was half empty by the end of the third quarter.

But why would he care? Jerry already made the money.

bysbox1

Reaction score
He cares.
He absolutely wants to win another SB before he dies.
He just doesn’t have any clue how to do it.
He hit a home run with Jimmy with his first hire and thought repeating that success was going to be easy. He’s been playing wack-a-mole ever since.
If he did care he would change what he's doing. Jerry is an intelligent man, and the definition of insanity is continuing to do things the same way yet expecting different results out of it.

There are too many geek coaches in the NFL (LaFleur, McVay, McDaniels, Shanahan, Steichen to some extent Payton, etc.) who will continue to out scheme us. The other side is the "LB/Muscle" coaches (Campbell, Ryans, Pierce if the gets the Raiders job) whose teams will simply out hustle us. McCarthy is neither. McCarthy is not going to change overnight or even in an off-season.

Then there this crazy idea we can just run it back like everyone else will stay the same. Best believe Philly won't stand pat. Would not surprise me if Philly jumps on BB. They are the other team that has "talent" that's underperforming and a management infrastructure to turn around quickly, especially if they bring in a BB. Detroit, GB, San Fran, Rams, TB, Arizona Minny won't stand pat. Plus it would not surprise me if one of these NFC teams hits a home run on a coach and turn it around quick. Washington, Atlanta, Seattle have a good shot of doing just that. Happened with Houston and Indy last year.

We did this insanity with Wade Phillips, next Jason Garrett. Now he's implanting insanity with McCarthy. At this point Jerry is running on pure ego.