Today confirmed to me Jerry does not care about winning

BHendri5

Reaction score
Snake oil salesmen through and through. Why should I care about this team when the Owner could care less and settles for losing. It was always a fake act that he cared about winning and all he cares about is the dollars he makes from merchandise. Stop supporting this man do not but his tickets, merch, nothing related to the Cowboys until he actually shows he cares about this franchise and not just milking the fans.
Stupid stupid stupid post, smfh. I know I shouldn’t ask but I will what reason you have that he doesn’t want to win?

ICP

Reaction score
Same here, I hope he has nothing but agony for his stupid ego centered stupid choi

nobody

Reaction score
He cares about winning, it's just way below a couple of other things on the totem pole of importance to him.

The revenue, the Cowboys being "relevant" and always talked about, him being recognized as a football guy, him meddling and staying "comfortable" and never admitting he's wrong all take a front seat to actually winning....but he does want to win. He just doesn't care enough about it to supersede those other things.

I'm not even sure it will get better when he passes away. Stephen doesn't look better but is still an unknown as to what he'll do. Always two there are, a master and an apprentice.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Snake oil salesmen through and through. Why should I care about this team when the Owner could care less and settles for losing. It was always a fake act that he cared about winning and all he cares about is the dollars he makes from merchandise. Stop supporting this man do not but his tickets, merch, nothing related to the Cowboys until he actually shows he cares about this franchise and not just milking the fans.
Bye bye.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He cares about winning, it's just way below a couple of other things on the totem pole of importance to him.

The revenue, the Cowboys being "relevant" and always talked about, him being recognized as a football guy, him meddling and staying "comfortable" and never admitting he's wrong all take a front seat to actually winning....but he does want to win. He just doesn't care enough about it to supersede those other things.

I'm not even sure it will get better when he passes away. Stephen doesn't look better but is still an unknown as to what he'll do. Always two there are, a master and an apprentice.
All the things you mention--the desire to win, wealth, fame, recognition, micromanaging, self-gratification, arrogance--Jerry Jones holds in equal measure. He does not simply see these as separate attainments and aspirations as others do.

Jones is exactly the same individual now as the person who put up $90 million of his own money, borrowed $50 million and bought the franchise. He eliminated the old guard (Landry, etc.), installed his own (e.g. Johnson) and super-aggressively marketed both the franchise and the league. It all "worked." Two Super Bowls. AND a huge return on investment. Ultimate success was attained (and only attained) his way.

He has not changed how he does things. He does not equate what his franchise has not done after Johnson as his shortcomings. He would have conceded he was part of the problem by removing himself as GM like he publicly said he should have. Not winning is the failures of others. He "knows" what it takes to win at everything, both on and off the field, because he has already done just that.

Jones does not think like most people. That is why network cameras caught him totally pissed Sunday. He believes he is a football genius but was taken completely by surprised. Everything he did should have clicked on the field. It didn't. It hasn't for decades.

Most people, especially business people, understands what he purposefully ignores. His business plan for ultimate success became flawed when what actually worked on the field--championship level coaching and equally superior roster building--were removed from it. It is why he keeps stumbling every year and does not fully understand why he trips over his own feet.

In short, he is not the Uncle Jerry people have in their family--someone they know might fail at something and then try to do something differently. Who is he? He is Jerry Jones minus Jimmy Johnson. That's it in a nutshell.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Stupid stupid stupid post, smfh. I know I shouldn’t ask but I will what reason you have that he doesn’t want to win?
I think the qualifier is he wants to win but only his narrow way. If he truly wanted to win fully he would simply remove himself and his idiot son from GM duties and spend big money finding the right person/people. Oh like he already had in Jimmy.

Rowdy1

Reaction score
He believes the blowout was just an aberration.

He believes that if Dallas had the same situation again this time they would succeed.
I believe he would be wrong ha ha. Most of us really expected a change and so far, everything for 2024 looks to be the same. I am praying that DQ gets a HC job somewhere. We REALLY need DQ to succeed somewhere else.

Rowdy1

Reaction score
GOm6LV2.jpg

Jerry Jones buys Dallas Cowboys franchise: February 25, 1989.

Mr. Burns first appearance on the The Simpsons: December 17, 1989.

Coincidence?
:lmao:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
you sheep will be back next year and the year after talking about how jerry is taking us to the playoffs. Then when you get smacked again in the face you will be crying about how you hate jerry. Then it starts all over again.

And you guys can't figure out my responses to this crap.

slap-smack.gif

shabazz

Reaction score
He CARES about winning.

He just doesn’t know HOW to anymore.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
.....yes, but winning only on His OWN TERMS.

That's a mark of a lousy CEO and the problem is that he has no REAL board of directors to explain himself too.

It's a business modeled in fantasyland and they are fake executives in suits

John813

Reaction score
Jerry never cared about winning without strings.

It had to be winning where he could be heralded as the architect of the team, a real football genius.

kskboys

Reaction score
He CARES about winning.

He just doesn’t know HOW to anymore.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
No, he doesn't.

He never did.

And an extreme desire for self aggrandizement.

kskboys

Reaction score
Is there any chance at all that those of you who didn't understand why we took a TE in the 2nd were so POed, now understand?