Today in Contrarianism: What Y'all Whining About?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by buybuydandavis, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Well-Known Member

2,021 Messages
    1,819 Likes Received
    Hope I'm wrong, but I think you're right. My guess is Moore will be bowing down and worshipping at the altar of Garrett. :bow:
    Which means same 'ol same 'ol.

2. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

56,282 Messages
    54,860 Likes Received
    Really not good. These group cost us the Rams game.

unionjack8 likes this.
  3. johneric8

johneric8 Member

59 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I honestly disagree with our Dt's being the reason we lost to the rams. I've watched that game a few times and what I saw was poor reaction more from being unprepared with the wrong game plan and adjustments.
    I have seen these guys clog holes and be amazing, but in the games this happened the offense fell into our hands and in the rams case they didn't. They kept us off balance and ran when we really didn't expect it and totally
    punk'd our coaching. I firmly believe that much of the problem here was marinelli. You don't take good run stopping defense like ours and make us look that bad without improper adjustments and bad coaching. The rams took away our strengths with smart coaching and we did nothing to combat it.. We couldn't run, and we got ran on, our coaches were punk'd once again..

4. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

11,394 Messages
    15,068 Likes Received
    I hear ya Bob..........I found out yesterday by watching our elite FO that the best way to shore up the safety position is to sign a seldom used FB to a 3 yr contract.

5. Johnny23

Johnny23 Well-Known Member

1,295 Messages
    941 Likes Received
    Sorry Davis but there's nothing positive about having another Nick Hayden at DT. Our interior DL was so good it gave up the most rushing yards in the playoffs ever. I just can't deal with spinning the dt horror show positively any longer.

Cowboysheelsreds053 likes this.
  6. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

7,547 Messages
    6,476 Likes Received
    They gave up around 100 extra yards compared to their previous worse outing. I don't think their bodies all gave out on the same day. I put that at being out coached.

Cowboysheelsreds053 likes this.
  7. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

7,547 Messages
    6,476 Likes Received
    ?
    Geezer Falcon kicker?

8. Alexander

56,282 Messages
    54,860 Likes Received
    Actually it was just their shoes.

9. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

40,101 Messages
    37,253 Likes Received
    Ross didn't play that game and Woods got injured.

The Rams OL won against the Cowboys D with scheme/coaching.

People are crying about the lack of free agents but they should be more concerned that Marinelli still holds the title of DC instead of giving that to Kris Richard.

The stunting DL scheme that the Rams exploited is not what the Seahawks used. It's a Marinelli DL scheme. Marinelli likes stunts in place of blitzing.

10. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

2,462 Messages
    3,118 Likes Received
    GM-back
    HC-back

There's your problem.

11. Alexander

56,282 Messages
    54,860 Likes Received
    Yeah, I have suggested this several times. Marinelli needs to retire already. His influence on the DL really adds to the predictability factor.

unionjack8 likes this.
  12. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

10,636 Messages
    7,976 Likes Received
    I know some will scoff at the OP, but it’s really a pretty fair analysis. The key things to me, in no particular order, are #3 WR (we need more than just a token guy), DT (not terrible currently, but trenches need to be a strength), DE (assuming Gregory isn’t back) and safety (not terrible, but along with DT most in need of an upgrade).

13. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

11,962 Messages
    9,331 Likes Received
    It’s the title only. This is going to be, and has been for over half a year, Richards defense. You just have to read the tea leaves, understand how organizations of any type operate. Just be observant instead of hating all the time. It’s easy to do that. It doesn’t take any cognitive ability. Most solid organizations, football or otherwise, allow the old guys a sunset year. This is Marinelli’s.

14. Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635 Well-Known Member

8,723 Messages
    13,622 Likes Received
    I think our biggest position of need is pass rush, even if/when we lock up DLaw. It was inconsistent last year and losing Gregory just weakens that. Improving the pass rush, helps the whole defense and makes everyone better, that should be a focus every off-season. Upgrading at safety or finding a 3rd WR are all secondary to improving the pressure on the ball.

15. JayFord

JayFord Well-Known Member

2,801 Messages
    4,392 Likes Received
    I’m taking a vacation in March of 2019 but yet the hotel wanted me to “fax” all my information so they could approve my stay

Remind you now

It’s 2019 they wanted me to “FAX” information

Oh wait

Well that’s what I was whining about that and we need a DT

cern likes this.
  16. Eanwen

Eanwen Well-Known Member

350 Messages
    388 Likes Received
    I haven't read the whole thread but just keep in mind that IIRC we were a bit below average in terms of pass rush, towards the bottom of the league in force turnovers, poor in the red zone, and bottom third in pass attack.

Now it is my belief that with a full offseason with Wilson, Cooper, Gallup, and Dak, the pass offense will be in the top 15, hopefully top 10. One would hope that means the red zone offense would be better, but as of right now none of these areas I mentioned are guaranteed to be better in 2019.

I just don't see the Cowboys improving solely through the draft and dumpster diving in free agency.

Cowfan75 likes this.
  17. cern

cern Well-Known Member

6,369 Messages
    8,132 Likes Received
    would the front office be guilty of not doing their job if they don't sign Lawrence to a ridiculous contract. pats let nate solder walk last year due to ridiculous contract demands. they replaced him with brown and are now letting him leave for the same reason. same for trey flowers. sometimes the best and smartest moves you can make is the ones you don't make. there's just so much money to spend and just so many players you can have on your roster. clueless is forever.

18. Cowfan75

Cowfan75 Well-Known Member

2,245 Messages
    2,445 Likes Received
    Some fans still vehemently defend the status quo.

Beast_from_East likes this.
  19. cern

cern Well-Known Member

6,369 Messages
    8,132 Likes Received
    I just register on line. flight to Alaska on line. stay at the lodge on line. stay at hotel overnight before flying to lodge on line. all my xmas shopping with amazon on line. drivers license, vehicle registration, on line. faxes are a thing of the past.

JayFord likes this.
  20. ChuckA1

ChuckA1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

294 Messages
    361 Likes Received
    I'd like to find a good replacement for RDE, a 1T and a SS.