Today on Philly Talk Radio

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
Well, if Philly talk radio is any indication, the fans here in Philly are not exactly brimming with confidence over tonight’s game. They seem very tentative, and already seem to be setting the table for blaming McChunky or Jevon Cursed.

They are saying things like, “OK, Donovan, you’ve said all year that you can win without TO, now’s your chance to prove it!,” and “For @#%$# sake, Kearse is playing against a 6th round draft pick, he’d better have a Simeon Rice-like game tonight!”

Now, all of these may seem like pretty benign (and obvious) comments, but it just seems like they are looking for the points of failure before the game starts … hard to explain. The fans here just don’t seem to have the arrogance they did even as recent as the last game. They definitely no longer view the Cowboys as weak.

Last example: even Senator Arlen Specter called in to make this observation – “In order for the Eagles to win tonight, Donovan will have to have the game of his life.” Does that sound confident? Hey, Arlen, maybe if you spent less time calling into sports talk radio and more time doing your job, Alito would already be sitting on the SCOTUS bench !!!

Anyway, I hope that the Iggles team shows up at game time with the same tentative, doubt-ridden mindset that seems to have settled upon the fan base.

The impact on the perceptions of each of these teams could take a seismic shift tonight.

GO COWBOYS !!!!

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
I hope it all goes as planned...look at the Gints Minny game...21 points on returns and pic...we must play clean. If we play fairly clean I love our chances...

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Omigod -- the Philly fans are tentative.

Too bad we aren't playing them.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
BulletBob said:
even Senator Arlen Specter called in to make this observation – “In order for the Eagles to win tonight, Donovan will have to have the game of his life.” Does that sound confident? Hey, Arlen, maybe if you spent less time calling into sports talk radio and more time doing your job, Alito would already be sitting on the SCOTUS bench !!!

Hey, BTW, I'm not being sarcastic with this, but what is up with Arlen Specter? Is he battling cancer or something? The last picture I saw of him with Meirs he looked terrible. I thought he had to be going through chemo or something. I'm sorry I missed the stroy if it has already been reported what is wrong with him.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
“For @#%$# sake, Kearse is playing against a 6th round draft pick, he’d better have a Simeon Rice-like game tonight!”

They want Kearse to no show a meeting and get deactivated for the game?

Rich.........

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
Hey, BTW, I'm not being sarcastic with this, but what is up with Arlen Specter? Is he battling cancer or something? The last picture I saw of him with Meirs he looked terrible. I thought he had to be going through chemo or something. I'm sorry I missed the stroy if it has already been reported what is wrong with him.
Yes and yes, he has cancer, and was going through chemo.

About Philly sports talk, the fans are underconfident but the hosts are all calling this a blow out in favor of the Eagles. They're in for a rude awakening.

I have the three B's (burgers, brats and beer) packed up in the cooler and I'm headed out in another two hours, I'll be back with a full report around 2am! Go Boys !!!!!!

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
How is it possible to get a psyched up by your own hyped chatter. For example ...

"About Philly sports talk, the fans are underconfident but the hosts are all calling this a blow out in favor of the Eagles. They're in for a rude awakening"

How can anyone call this game an Eagles Blowout when the dust from the last time these two teams met still hasn't settled? That's so preposterous! Look, you can talk al the noise you want to, but the Cowboys is favored to win this one also!

But that's not necessarily what's going to happen. Oh, and by the way, this Eagle fan has loads of confidence in his team!

While D-Nabb has had to deal with several painful ailments, he has also gotten rid of a major pain in his neck that was suspended last week. We know how important this game is and you'd better believe it's going to be a dogfight, down to the last second.

So, who are you trying to fool with this reverse perspective on the game?!

There's a lot of pressure on this game, and personally don't think the Cowboys can handle that type of pressure in someone else's house.

A win for Cowboys means 6-4; a win for the Eagles means 5-4 (tied with the Cowboys, and Washington). It's the last time you'll play the Eagles, but you still have to play the G-men and the Skins again.

So let's this party started!

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
PT...this will be a dogfight! No doubt about it. For those looking at the last game and thinking it will happen the same way have another thing coming. The Iggles simply have something to prove...they will not lay down like this. I fully expect this to be a battle until the last tick is gone.

Turnovers and emotion will play a HUGE roll. Look at how the Gints lost...and their D never allowed a TD...things happen. The first game we had momentum and exposed you big time...I doubt that happens again.

Dogfight I expect, but the Boys are turning the corner...this is a defining game for the division and the elite of the division.

I love this game! The NFC is a beast AGAIN!!!!!

Game on!!!

Boys 27
Iggles 20

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:

P-T, I'm just telling you what I heard this morning on WIP. I've been though a ton of Cowboys-Eagles games, and I've listened to WIP leading up to every one of them. The mood of the fans for this one is comparatively very tentative (with good reason).

Of course, the mood of the fan base has nothing to do with the way the team will play, which is why I found myself wishing that the team was sharing the seemingly decreased level of confidence.

You may be as confident as Patton about to roll over Rommel. I was simply making an observation about the overall mood I heard this morning.

Reaction score
Yep, it will be a good hard fought game, but the Cowboys have the most talent now and that should be enough to win at Filthy...

As long as we have a aggressive game plan and attack McChunky soup, we will be fine!

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
in my office, confidence is high for their birds. it all stems from the nyg and wash losses yesterday. they know they are right in it if they win.

but it doesn't change the talent on the field.

on paper, no way we should lose.....but this game does have that eerie feeling to it. and it's cowboys/eagirls, so anything can happen.

i still say we pull it out.

dallasblue05

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
How is it possible to get a psyched up by your own hyped chatter. For example ...

How can anyone call this game an Eagles Blowout when the dust from the last time these two teams met still hasn't settled? That's so preposterous! Look, you can talk al the noise you want to, but the Cowboys is favored to win this one also!

But that's not necessarily what's going to happen. Oh, and by the way, this Eagle fan has loads of confidence in his team!

While D-Nabb has had to deal with several painful ailments, he has also gotten rid of a major pain in his neck that was suspended last week. We know how important this game is and you'd better believe it's going to be a dogfight, down to the last second.

There's a lot of pressure on this game, and personally don't think the Cowboys can handle that type of pressure in someone else's house.

A win for Cowboys means 6-4; a win for the Eagles means 5-4 (tied with the Cowboys, and Washington). It's the last time you'll play the Eagles, but you still have to play the G-men and the Skins again.

So let's this party started!

if WE win we'll be 6-3 and in sole posession of first place AGAIN!! If you win, you'll still be in last place cuz of your loss to the skins!! So either way it goes, you guys will be in last place, lol, thats all I'm sayin.....I do think it'll be a good game though! I'll bet we pull away in the second half when your offense starts to get tired because a lack of play calling options will keep the same people for the most part on the field just about every play (WRs RBS, TES.....no one will get a break)....just my take!

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
BulletBob said:
P-T, I'm just telling you what I heard this morning on WIP. I've been though a ton of Cowboys-Eagles games, and I've listened to WIP leading up to every one of them. The mood of the fans for this one is comparatively very tentative (with good reason).

Of course, the mood of the fan base has nothing to do with the way the team will play, which is why I found myself wishing that the team was sharing the seemingly decreased level of confidence.

You may be as confident as Patton about to roll over Rommel. I was simply making an observation about the overall mood I heard this morning.

Understand. Just responding to how some who may Interpret it otherwise.

kmd24

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:

The line is Eagles -3 on many betting venues. I have yet to see the Cowboys favored anywhere.

ravidubey

Reaction score
The line is a reflection of the Eagles' reputation after having won for five+ years-- it is not a reflection of how they have played this year. It can't be given they've lost so many and were blown out by Dallas. When Philly loses (crossed fingers) the line will adjust accordingly for the remainder of the year.

kmd24

Reaction score
ravidubey said:
The line is a reflection of the Eagles' reputation after having won for five+ years-- it is not a reflection of how they have played this year. It can't be given they've lost so many and were blown out by Dallas. When Philly loses (crossed fingers) the line will adjust accordingly for the remainder of the year.

I know how the line is determined and why. Regardless, it is inaccurate to claim that the Cowboys are "favored."