Today on Philly Talk Radio

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
ravidubey said:
The line is a reflection of the Eagles' reputation after having won for five+ years-- it is not a reflection of how they have played this year. It can't be given they've lost so many and were blown out by Dallas. When Philly loses (crossed fingers) the line will adjust accordingly for the remainder of the year.

Hmmm ...thanks for the information. I understand a little better about the "line"
reflection now.

Still, after that slap down last time our teams met, the general consensus is another Cowboys beatdown-type victory runaway game. And that ain't necessarily so!

arglebargle

Reaction score
BulletBob said:
P-T, I'm just telling you what I heard this morning on WIP. I've been though a ton of Cowboys-Eagles games, and I've listened to WIP leading up to every one of them. The mood of the fans for this one is comparatively very tentative (with good reason).

Of course, the mood of the fan base has nothing to do with the way the team will play, which is why I found myself wishing that the team was sharing the seemingly decreased level of confidence.

You may be as confident as Patton about to roll over Rommel. I was simply making an observation about the overall mood I heard this morning.

Patton never did roll over Rommel, did he?

I think the Cowboys win going away, because the players and assistant coaches will step up for Coach Parcells in what must be a very difficult time for him. I do not think emotional intensity will be lacking on either team.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
It's gonna take the best game that the Eagles have played for them to have a chance. The Cowboys have just improved so much and the Eagles have gotten worse. Roy, Ellis, Canty, Glover, Ferguson, Shanle, and Ware will be on McFlabb's *** all day long

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Most odds are Eagles -3 and that is a reflection of them winning the game by three points period. It is a reflection of right now. It does take into account intangibles esp home game but the money is on Philly to win and they get it right more than they get it wrong in general. They could care less who won five years ago.

Hope this is one of the wrong ones.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
They just broadcasted a mock-funeral for TO on WIP down at the Linc. They had a casket that the fans were filling up with their TO jerseys - they were then going to burn the casket.

The radio host (Rhea Hughes) said that the casket was overflowing - couldn't believe it, because the jerseys are expensive!

Funny stuff.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
BulletBob said:
The fans here just don’t seem to have the arrogance they did even as recent as the last game.
Losing 3 out of 4 tends to have that effect.

fortdick

Reaction score
kmd24 said:
The line is Eagles -3 on many betting venues. I have yet to see the Cowboys favored anywhere.

Isn't -3 the base home field bonus?

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...is really on the Eagles. We are still a young team learning a new defensive system and breaking in a new QB. We weren't expecting the SuperBowl this year.

We just need a winning record for this year to be called a success and something we can work on. The Eagles have to make it back to the big dance or the last three years will have been for naught.