Today's combine - DBs

Bizwah

Reaction score
sjordan6;1394612 said:
Here is the link for the DBs combine 40 times. LaRon Landry ran a 4.34? Smoking!!! Now that's hot. Leon Hall (Michigan) ran a 4.39 and everybody's favorite guy Reggie Nelson ran a 4.56. I know these forty times are overrated but I they are important. What did Roy Williams run at the combine? Six point what?

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=112&p=2&c=622333

Arrrgh!

You could've warned us that it was a stinkin' pay site!

Oh well, not all of us are rich enough to afford that type of extravagence;)

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
sjordan6;1394612 said:
Here is the link for the DBs combine 40 times. LaRon Landry ran a 4.34? Smoking!!! Now that's hot. Leon Hall (Michigan) ran a 4.39 and everybody's favorite guy Reggie Nelson ran a 4.56. I know these forty times are overrated but I they are important. What did Roy Williams run at the combine? Six point what?

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=112&p=2&c=622333

lol i think the question is what would roy run NOW?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I don't care what his stats in college were, when you're talking secondary and cover guys, that speed is freakin' important.

If we want Nelson to be a sideline to sideline FS, that 4.53 better not be his best because that won't cut it sideline to sideline.

We're trading way way down in round 1 unless a top WR or CB or DE shockingly is there. I think we trade way way down and get 4 very good picks on day 1.

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1394622 said:
4.51 for Eric Weddle. That is better then I thought he would run. I really like this player. I'm telling you guys, this is a football player. Somebody is going to be happy with this guy.

Boooo....

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1394622 said:
4.51 for Eric Weddle. That is better then I thought he would run. I really like this player. I'm telling you guys, this is a football player. Somebody is going to be happy with this guy.

Weddle also had one of the top 20-yard shuttle times out of anybody, 4.12

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1394857 said:
Weddle also had one of the top 20-yard shuttle times out of anybody, 4.12

Yeah, I know everybody likes Wendling and I'm not surprised. His is gifted athletically but I tell ya, Weddle is the better football player. He's just one of those guys who understands things and sees them before they happen. I really like him a lot. I think he will be a real good player for somebody.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1393989 said:
yep, he's a freakin' athlete for sure, props to silverbear for pimping him

I gotta tell ya, pimpin' ain't easy...

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
NFL Countdown has Nelson running a 4.48, anyone know the correct time?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;1395223 said:
NFL Countdown has Nelson running a 4.48, anyone know the correct time?
Do you have reason to believe that is incorrect?

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Typhus;1394118 said:
Here's a few notable times for some of the bigger names in the DB class...

Chris Houston - 4.32, 27 reps...Fastest 40 time so far. Highest amount of bench reps for the position.
LaRon Landry - 4.35
Reggie Nelson - 4.53
Aaron Ross - 4.47
Leon Hall - 4.39
Marcus McCauley - 4.38, 4.33...If he would've just played hard his Senior year.
Brandon Meriweather - 4.5

Yeah, this thread indicates he ran a 4.53...would that have been the first run??? If so, that is quite the discrepancy, though I never believed Nelson is a 4.53 anyhow.

Josh Wilson running a 4.39 is impressive. I think he is going to be a steal for anyone taking him after the second round.

superpunk

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;1395397 said:
Josh Wilson running a 4.39 is impressive. I think he is going to be a steal for anyone taking him after the seconds round.
If we don't go corner in round 1, I'd love to see Wilson or Hughes at our second round pick. More Wilson, but I'm a Murland homer.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;1395397 said:
Yeah, this thread indicates he ran a 4.53...would that have been the first run??? If so, that is quite the discrepancy, though I never believed Nelson is a 4.53 anyhow.

Josh Wilson running a 4.39 is impressive. I think he is going to be a steal for anyone taking him after the second round.

I said when I posted the numbers that they are the NFLN's "unofficial" times.

I haven't checked out the "official" times because they usually don't vary that greatly. Even if Nelson's time was officially a 4.48, the difference between that and a 4.53 can be measured in inches over forty yards, so calling it "quite a discrepancy" is really stretching it.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;1395602 said:
I said when I posted the numbers that they are the NFLN's "unofficial" times.

I haven't checked out the "official" times because they usually don't vary that greatly. Even if Nelson's time was officially a 4.48, the difference between that and a 4.53 can be measured in inches over forty yards, so calling it "quite a discrepancy" is really stretching it.

You know what you're right....I was reading it wrong...maybe it was the Canadian conversion....my apologies.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;1395417 said:
If we don't go corner in round 1, I'd love to see Wilson or Hughes at our second round pick. More Wilson, but I'm a Murland homer.

there's alot of guys I would like in the 2nd in addition to those 2

David Irons
Kenny Wright
Jonathan Wade

mewing1

Reaction score
How come no one is talking a/b Michael Griffin? He had one hell of a combine. Look at his rankings in the speed & quickness drills. He's in the top 5 in many of the categories. Add the fact that he's gained 20 pounds of muscle since the Senior Bowl, and he's really increased his stock. I think he's now the #2 Safety in the draft behind Landry (who is ridiculous).