Todd Archer - Dan Quinn will be the first domino to fall

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

@toddarcher spoke with @RobThompsonESPN and @rjochoa on “R & R in the Morning” about the future of Dan Quinn in Dallas and what gets resolved first—Quinn’s situation, McCarthy’s job or Dak Prescott getting a new contract:

“Dan Quinn will be the first domino to fall because I largely think he’s gonna get one of these jobs that he’s interviewing for this week going forward…I don’t believe he’ll be the defensive coordinator here with the Cowboys in 2024.”

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

khiladi

Reaction score
That seems like a negative title when in reality Archer says he’s getting a HC offer. Which also shows how respected he is in the league, that he has multiple interviews lined up, even though his HC track record in Atlanta was mediocre.

It’s comical to me the Dak fanboys are jumping on Dan Quinn now. They ignore the last two play-off games against SF and the domination of TB last year in the first round, because they need to grasp at anything for their agenda of scapegoating anybody but the Jason Garrett experiment at QB whose claim to fame is timely ruining year in and year out the SB windows that is really a result of an all-pro OL or TO machine defense…

How many deep passes did Dak throw against the heavy Tampa 2 zone defense of GB, including to Cook, who was added just for that?

Last edited:

baltcowboy

Reaction score

@toddarcher spoke with @RobThompsonESPN and @rjochoa on “R & R in the Morning” about the future of Dan Quinn in Dallas and what gets resolved first—Quinn’s situation, McCarthy’s job or Dak Prescott getting a new contract:

“Dan Quinn will be the first domino to fall because I largely think he’s gonna get one of these jobs that he’s interviewing for this week going forward…I don’t believe he’ll be the defensive coordinator here with the Cowboys in 2024.”

Quinn was excellent but his scheme got figured out. He refused to adjust and that was my problem with him. Go get Wink.

12+88=7

Reaction score
The people wanting McCarthy fired yesterday need to know there is a process. That process begins with Quinn.

Once Quinn is resolved McCarthy will be next.

If both are gone like many suspect the interview process will begin.

Once a HC is chosen the Prescott decision will be made.

Once the Prescott situation is settled the contracts for Lamb, Parsons, and others will be made to get under the cap by the start of the new league year in March.

That's when 2023 is in the rear view mirror and we can all speculate about 2024. That's the process. Patience.

Loso86

Reaction score
Yes not because Jerry actually makes a move, but because someone else is stupid enough to buy fools gold.
What? It goes hand in hand he doesn't need to if someone signs him. Get real

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It HAS to be WHOLESALE CHANGES INCLUDING DAK

For the past 5 years this franchise has thought it could tinker with the roster and make a difference to the end result.

That philosophy has proven embarrassing.
That philosophy was fine when you lost by 6 points…that philosophy isn’t as good when you get beat down by 30 at home in the wild card.