Todd Archer - Dan Quinn will be the first domino to fall

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score

@toddarcher spoke with @RobThompsonESPN and @rjochoa on “R & R in the Morning” about the future of Dan Quinn in Dallas and what gets resolved first—Quinn’s situation, McCarthy’s job or Dak Prescott getting a new contract:

“Dan Quinn will be the first domino to fall because I largely think he’s gonna get one of these jobs that he’s interviewing for this week going forward…I don’t believe he’ll be the defensive coordinator here with the Cowboys in 2024.”

It's happening.. writing is on the wall. Jerry and his yes men are telling him to calm down and wait on making any big changes.

DQ will move on his own and Jerry and Co. Will be far enough removed from this debacle, that they will look at the game stats again, and say, "well the offense hung in this game. Offense that can score 32, is not the problem. Let's reset on defense and bring MM and Dak back for another year."

Lol :lmao::lmao2::facepalm:

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tearing up doesn't build. There has been strong building for four years. Now make changes and then make them winners. Not getting a divorce and just another woman.
With this qb contract you can't do that, we will lose too many important parts

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Jerry will go out and hire the defensive staff and coordinators and new people and then try and sell the fan base on dak being another year along in McCarthy’s system in he finished “top 3” in the mvp race.

That will be the “change”.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's comical but it's not surprising.

Who else besides McCarthy do they have at this point?
I've said it all year and will continue to say it.
Dak is a serial Cowboy career killer. Every season, his minions (both in the fanbase and in the FO) convince themselves that he was good enough, and that it was just all the dead weight in other parts of the organization holding him back. Player, coach, doesn't matter. They'll find a scapegoat, they'll laser in on him and they will not stop until that guy is gone. Period. End of story.

Dak is piling up a body count that Ted Bundy would be impressed by.

My guess, this year it will be Both McCarthy and Quinn. And maybe a player or two yet to be named. Coaches are the lowest hanging fruit right now so they're getting all the attention. But the blood letting has just begun. Dak must be propped up. That's all that matters.
666 Filling his coffers while leaving misery and destruction in his wake.

jgboys1

Reaction score
I think the bigger problem is that the league is playing dominos and Jerry is playing with marbles.

Carter

Reaction score
DQ is a loser that feasts on bad teams just like Dak but gets outcoached in every way possible against good teams.

I give him credit for the talent they brought in on the Defense but just performing against bad teams aint gonna cut it

That 28-3 Disaster in the SB should tell you everything you need to know

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Overall he did a good job with the Defense over his tenure.
Hey, we held the Niners to 19 and 23 points in 2 playoff games but our offense couldn't score the points.
They even held Mahomes to 19 points in his house and all we could muster is 3 FG.
GL Dan and Thanks for your contributions!
:hammer:DQ is nothing more than the latest coaching body burned on Dak's altar.

Dan, tell Linehan, Kellen and the others that Mike will be on his way to join you soon. LOL

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
The people wanting McCarthy fired yesterday need to know there is a process. That process begins with Quinn.

Once Quinn is resolved McCarthy will be next.

If both are gone like many suspect the interview process will begin.

Once a HC is chosen the Prescott decision will be made.

Once the Prescott situation is settled the contracts for Lamb, Parsons, and others will be made to get under the cap by the start of the new league year in March.

That's when 2023 is in the rear view mirror and we can all speculate about 2024. That's the process. Patience.
Giving me PtSD

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL, this shows the dysfunction of the Cowboys and Jones.

The first domino to fall should be Jerry making a decision on McCarthy. Not wait to see what assistants get job interviews/jobs and then you get around to making the decision on your HC.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
That seems like a negative title when in reality Archer says he’s getting a HC offer. Which also shows how respected he is in the league, that he has multiple interviews lined up, even though his HC track record in Atlanta was mediocre.

It’s comical to me the Dak fanboys are jumping on Dan Quinn now. They ignore the last two play-off games against SF and the domination of TB last year in the first round, because they need to grasp at anything for their agenda of scapegoating anybody but the Jason Garrett experiment at QB whose claim to fame is timely ruining year in and year out the SB windows that is really a result of an all-pro OL or TO machine defense…

How many deep passes did Dak throw against the heavy Tampa 2 zone defense of GB, including to Cook, who was added just for that?
I don’t think there are any Dak fanboys left. He is what he is. A good QB that can be great but gets the yips in big games. He also needs help and that defense on Sunday was pathetic. Dak is 30. He is what he is. If they don’t extend Dak the cap is going to be a huge issue. If they do extend Dak the fan base is going to be mostly ticked off. If they cut him it will be an unprecedented disaster. I don’t think he can be traded. The situation is not good at all.