News: Todd Archer: FO Wants Randy Gregory Involved With Team During Reinstatement Process

MikeB80

Reaction score
Just your typical msm reporter Fake News, but he got caught. Nothing to see here people, Carry on! We are being lied to daily...Its Sad.

Right wing message board gonna right wing.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Now that we know Stephen can use a phone, maybe he could give Dak a call.

Nope. He's too busy rounding up all these to stuff the Cowboys available cap room into...
66b034c678fa61ffc06223a15cdfe381.jpg

MikeB80

Reaction score
Here's a perfect example of why when a sportswriter uses "a source" that they are making something up. All of the people in executive positions on NFL teams know that a suspended indefinitely player can not participate in any team functions or be on team property. If they are also injured they can communicate with the medical staff and trainers to get direction on any rehab they may have to do, but they can't "be involved with the organization in some fashion" like this sportswriter wrote. There has been some occasions when the league OKed a player to use a teams facility to just rehab, but not sit in on any meetings or practices and use that facility when other players won't be there using it.

They aren't making things up. They are relaying information that was given to them by people in the organization.

How many years of watching the same coverage over and over do people have to sit through before they realize most of the stuff that gets out is from the scouts and assistant coaches. Sometimes its info that is behind or inaccurate and sometimes it is spot on. They are not making it up.

this year I think a bunch of the coaches that liked to talk behind the scenes are gone and some of the scouts through the years who did are gone. Info will probably be harder to come by this year with a new staff.

there are so many people working in the building that see and hear things on a daily basis. Information comes from all over. A lot of it comes directly from the team because they want it out there.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
They aren't making things up. They are relaying information that was given to them by people in the organization.

How many years of watching the same coverage over and over do people have to sit through before they realize most of the stuff that gets out is from the scouts and assistant coaches. Sometimes its info that is behind or inaccurate and sometimes it is spot on. They are not making it up.

this year I think a bunch of the coaches that liked to talk behind the scenes are gone and some of the scouts through the years who did are gone. Info will probably be harder to come by this year with a new staff.

there are so many people working in the building that see and hear things on a daily basis. Information comes from all over. A lot of it comes directly from the team because they want it out there.

You can believe what you want but we all have read and heard these sportswriters all to often using the "a source" and have been completely wrong. However when I read something and they have a direct quote from someone directly involved with whatever is being talked about then I believe it. Just like the example I gave you about Todd Archer saying that sources told him the Cowboys were hoping that Gregory would be involved with the Cowboys in some fashion before he gets reinstated if he is when most people know that suspended players aren't allowed at the facility and can't have contact with the coaches or players. Oh but that's a sportswriter that used "a source". Do you really think that the coaches and scouts don't know the rules on suspended players where they would say something about hoping when they know it won't happen? Archer used "a source" as his license to make up something for clicks and make it look like he actually had some inside info.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I heard from an unnamed source that Randy is auditioning from the gatorade squeeze bottle position but is falling behind due to tardiness and general lethargy.

MikeB80

Reaction score
You can believe what you want but we all have read and heard these sportswriters all to often using the "a source" and have been completely wrong. However when I read something and they have a direct quote from someone directly involved with whatever is being talked about then I believe it. Just like the example I gave you about Todd Archer saying that sources told him the Cowboys were hoping that Gregory would be involved with the Cowboys in some fashion before he gets reinstated if he is when most people know that suspended players aren't allowed at the facility and can't have contact with the coaches or players. Oh but that's a sportswriter that used "a source". Do you really think that the coaches and scouts don't know the rules on suspended players where they would say something about hoping when they know it won't happen? Archer used "a source" as his license to make up something for clicks and make it look like he actually had some inside info.

Todd Archer is the best beat reporter the cowboys have covering the team and has been for I guess 20 years now. I can tell you for a fact if he is citing a source he has a source. The cowboys were hoping that while the commissioner was reviewing gregory's status he could join the team until the decision is made essentially like he did a few years ago for week 17 before being resuspended.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Todd Archer is the best beat reporter the cowboys have covering the team and has been for I guess 20 years now. I can tell you for a fact if he is citing a source he has a source. The cowboys were hoping that while the commissioner was reviewing gregory's status he could join the team until the decision is made essentially like he did a few years ago for week 17 before being resuspended.

Here's the key point that you obviously haven't gotten yet. UNTIL a players is suspended they can be at the facility. Just like when a player is in training camp and finds out he'll be suspended starting in week 1, he is allowed to continue with training camp and play in preseason games because he's not suspended yet,. not until week 1 and that is when he will not be allowed at the facility or have contact with coaches and players.

Like I said you can believe whatever sportswriters say when they use "a source" but the many of us who have seen that "a source" be nothing more than a ploy to make what they are speculating more believable. You may have the OPINION that it's a fact but your opinion does not make it a fact that when Archer uses "a source" that he actually got it from a source. There's no way of proving it except for a sportswriter to use an actual direct quote.that can later be verified by that source. Using "a source" can't be verified.

817Gill

Reaction score

And media can’t even be in the building. This is probably the worse case scenario in regards to circumstances that lead to erroneous reporting.