Todd Archer: Jerry on the Patriots game

slick325

Reaction score
Jerry Jones is looking at Sunday’s matchup against New England as a measuring stick game for his 6-4 Cowboys. “This isn’t just my town against your town. It’s obviously a big one for us in how we make our way to the playoffs, so everything you play football for is riding there against New England and the challenge is with us,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas. “I think it’s an opportunity to take a step up in the opinion of it, not only from within but without.”

"an opportunity to take a step up in the opinion of it, not only from within but without." Huh?! What?!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
As diplomatically as he can in Jerry-speak, but yes I think so too.

Garrett makes the NFC Championship Game or Jerry makes a change. Seems clear.

And what is also clear is that Jerry certainly expected a better record than this. And now this is one that he expects Garrett and the team to 'make up' for in the win column.

We know what's coming, even if the Cowboys make the playoffs. Jerry doesn't.

giphy.gif

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I will be happy with a win (because a win is a win is a win) however I have reached the conclusion that a team with Garrett as HC cannot win 3-4 consecutive games against the top teams. Therefore we have no chance to win a SB while Garrett remains our HC.
You certainly have the right to give up and quit. Curious as to why you even watch the games. Maybe you don’t.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Jerry Jones is looking at Sunday’s matchup against New England as a measuring stick game for his 6-4 Cowboys. “This isn’t just my town against your town. It’s obviously a big one for us in how we make our way to the playoffs, so everything you play football for is riding there against New England and the challenge is with us,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas. “I think it’s an opportunity to take a step up in the opinion of it, not only from within but without.”
Gibberish.

nobody

Reaction score
You certainly have the right to give up and quit. Curious as to why you even watch the games. Maybe you don’t.

You know, just because someone doesn't think the Cowboys have a chance to win a SB with Garrett in charge doesn't mean that they don't hope that they're wrong about it :)

Aven8

Reaction score
I’m excited to play NE myself. Finally a real team. Minny and GB are all meh. This is a true test. Can’t wait!

cowboys1981

Reaction score
A win in NE will catapult this team into the playoffs similar to what our win at NO did last year.

yimyammer

Reaction score

Alex,

What is gibberish and nonsense from a bumbling, drunken buffoon?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He says this now, but it is irrelevant. If Dallas loses, there will be very little of this "It’s obviously a big one for us in how we make our way to the playoffs"
then he will just pivot to how the idea that the division is not lost, the team needs to respond to the new challenge and so on.

He will swallow this loss like does with all the others. Just this time he might stare at the man in the mirror for a few extra seconds until he shrugs and sleeps it off.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
Jerry Jones is looking at Sunday’s matchup against New England as a measuring stick game for his 6-4 Cowboys. “This isn’t just my town against your town. It’s obviously a big one for us in how we make our way to the playoffs, so everything you play football for is riding there against New England and the challenge is with us,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas. “I think it’s an opportunity to take a step up in the opinion of it, not only from within but without.

Good Lord the man likes to hear himself talk.
That's all it is, take nothing more from it.

visionary

Reaction score

so the only reason to watch would be if one is blind and has rocks for brains?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
"I think it’s an opportunity to take a step up in the opinion of it, not only from within but without.”

If it wasn't so wordy that would make a great t-shirt.

Picture the Cowboys logo as the background. Sweet.
I think " Not only from within but without" should the official slogan of the 2019 Dallas Cowboys season

JBond

Reaction score
"I think it’s an opportunity to take a step up in the opinion of it, not only from within but without.”

If it wasn't so wordy that would make a great t-shirt.

Picture the Cowboys logo as the background. Sweet.
Begging for fan support of a crap process and result.