1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

Twitter: Todd Archer shows team’s “unofficial” depth chart

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bobhaze, Aug 9, 2022.

1. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

30,717 Messages
    25,532 Likes Received
    Most of the better kickers are in camps and not available right now. Eventually, teams will have to cut to the kicker they are going to keep. It's more likely we will be able to get a good one then than it is now.

I don't necessarily have a problem if we want to give someone else available a try, but I'd rather wait a bit and see if these too settle in. Garibay is a rookie who doesn't really have a whole lot of experience, so he may just be having trouble finding his footing. It may be a couple of weeks until teams start cutting their second kickers, so I have no problem giving him until then. If one comes loose before then, I also have no problem cutting him for the better option.

conner01 and maryquality like this.
  2. Iago33

Iago33 Well-Known Member

2,347 Messages
    1,125 Likes Received
    Blake Jarwin

dogberry likes this.
  3. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    50,756 Messages
    40,782 Likes Received
    The team will benefit from Turpin's success if he can make this transition to the NFL. His speed is fluid. Does not matter if it is straight line speed or he's making cuts in traffic. The young man is the literal definition of fast.

LACowboysFan1 and jazzcat22 like this.
  4. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    61,263 Messages
    71,510 Likes Received
    This will change from week to week. Depending what they and who they want to see in each PS game.

Bobhaze likes this.
  5. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

17,639 Messages
    24,056 Likes Received
    Just saw that Kelce needs elbow surgery. So by the time the Cowboys and Eagles face off. Our DTs wont matter as much lol.

6. G2

G2 Taco Engineer

20,599 Messages
    22,215 Likes Received
    That's my point. Even last season the staff just sat on their hands.

7. Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion Well-Known Member

8,106 Messages
    8,380 Likes Received
    They just need to clean out junk floating in his elbow, it’s irritating him. The eagles won’t predict when he’ll be back but as long as they don’t find something bad, week 1 is plausible

dogberry likes this.
  8. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

17,639 Messages
    24,056 Likes Received
    Shhhhhh....LOL

Aerolithe_Lion likes this.
  9. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

49,272 Messages
    27,298 Likes Received
    Thanks.

Iago33 likes this.
  10. Bobhaze

Bobhaze Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    12,076 Messages
    42,429 Likes Received
    Well it was released by the team, not Todd Archer. It’s unofficially official, lol.

11. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

10,771 Messages
    8,172 Likes Received
    I'm saying it doesn't matter because a preseason game hasn't been played yet. It literally doesn't matter right now.

Bobhaze likes this.
  12. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

19,957 Messages
    14,418 Likes Received
    lets not keep 3 QBs on the roster,if Grier wins the backup job then you can cut Rush.

Bobhaze likes this.
  13. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

30,717 Messages
    25,532 Likes Received
    I don't think they'll do that this year. They had some level of trust in Zuerlein, blind to an extent since they didn't bring in any competition despite him coming off his second back surgery. I know some of us wanted competition based on Zuerlein's previous season, but even though he only made 82.9 percent of his kicks that year (just like in 2021), he was 31 of 32 inside the 50 and he still was pretty clutch with the game on the line.

I wanted us to bring in Jose Borregales last year. Instead, we decided to let the punter kick to not overwork Greg the Leg and ended up paying for it. I'm glad we brought in both Garibay and Hallelujah this year and am OK with letting it play out a little longer. In fact, Borregales may be one of those kickers who eventually comes available because he's competing with Ryan Succop in Tampa.

Here's an article on how that competition is going:
    Buccaneers may be forced to cut a key Super Bowl contributor soon
    By
    Evan Winter
    -
    August 5, 2022

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers‘ kicking competition is essentially in a dead heat as they continue through training camp.

Which is kind of strange territory for both the Buccaneers and their fans.

It’s not a dead heat due to inefficiency, either. Both Ryan Succop and Jose Borregales have been very, very good – rarely missing kicks from all areas of the field.

Borregales reportedly killed it during the Buccaneers’ latest practice on Friday, making all six kicks, with a long of “50ish”, per The Athletic‘s Greg Auman.

This is obviously a great situation to be in if you’re the Buccaneers. It’s exactly how training camp is supposed to go. You want every player to be on point enough to where final cuts are near-impossible decisions to make.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    dogberry and Bobhaze like this.
  14. mattjames2010

mattjames2010 Well-Known Member

19,501 Messages
    18,009 Likes Received
    Honestly, just looking at the names and putting everything in perspective as it stands right now, there are so many holes on this team. WR depth sucks, offensive line is very questionable outside of Smith and Martin, our defensive line is meh, Brown is still starting for this team is a big freakin' LOL

This is a 7-9 or 8-8 as far as I'm concerned. The biggest positive right now is that we are in a pretty weak division.

Tussinman likes this.
  15. Tussinman

Tussinman Well-Known Member

2,786 Messages
    3,277 Likes Received
    Blake Jarwin. No longer on the team. Signed a 3 year 24 million deal in 2020 and then only started a combined 6 games the next two seasons. Injuries derailed him (ACL tear in 2020 and then hip injury in 2021).

dogberry and tyke1doe like this.
  16. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

8,038 Messages
    7,019 Likes Received
    This will change in the coming weeks

Bobhaze likes this.
  17. bayeslife

bayeslife 187beatdown

9,353 Messages
    8,381 Likes Received
    he’s going to start, it’s kinda obvious at this point

18. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

23,698 Messages
    35,979 Likes Received
    It doesn't matter because the team put this together, not to really show who's starting, but because they want select players to see it and know that they need to keep working. They want Smith to see he doesn't have the LG spot wrapped up. They want Houston to see that he is fighting other rookies for a spot, etc. They're still sending messages.

Close to the season, they'll be more accurate, of course.

dogberry and Bobhaze like this.
  19. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

10,771 Messages
    8,172 Likes Received
    I have nothing further to add sir :thumbup:

tyke1doe and AsthmaField like this.
  20. TheDuke

TheDuke How 'Bout Dem Cowboys

3,720 Messages
    2,531 Likes Received
    Bro. The team releases these depth charts. Archer didn’t put this together. He’s just passing it along.

Motorola and Outlaw Heroes like this.