Twitter: Todd France and CAA part ways

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
considering that lawrence will likely be the first pick taken, we'd be dealing with the worst team in football. and the worst team in football usually doesn't have a good qb. so all the talk of dealing for lawrence comes under the heading of fairy tale, imo.
Not necessarily, the worst team may have a young QB that they're happy with and have other needs. What if CIN has the worst record or MIA.

The tricky part is beating the other teams that might go for him. If there is a season, there could be some serious tanking involved toward the end as they jockey for position.

And cern, "fairy tales can come true, it can happen to you, when you're young at heart". Don't be such an old science fuddy duddy.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Accountable to who? Nobody keeps Jerry accountable because he is not built that way. He just doesn't care IMO.

It is what it is.
Greg is never going to give up thinking we can hold him accountable. When has he ever been accountable?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, are you trying to say that the team put out he numbers and so there is only one source and that suggests that the numbers were not authentic?

I don't see that. CAA and France have never been shy about using the media to their advantage. They did it with Romo, they did it with DLaw and they did it with Donald so I think we would have heard something if what was being reported was completely off base but I acknowledge that we don't know if the reports are completely accurate. However, we don't know that they aren't either.
True, we do not know, that's my point. That could be accurate or not and I do not recall France or CAA using the media about Romo or Lawrence. I didn't follow Donald because that doesn't interest me.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Greg is never going to give up thinking we can hold him accountable. When has he ever been accountable?

I never really remember Jerry being accountable for his decision but it doesn't matter. It's not that big of a deal.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
True, we do not know, that's my point. That could be accurate or not and I do not recall France or CAA using the media about Romo or Lawrence. I didn't follow Donald because that doesn't interest me.

I think we know but that's just my opinion.

cern

Reaction score
jerry doesn't make the player deals any more. that responsibility is clearly the purview of stephen. last year stephen simplified the dak negotiations with a grade school pie chart analogy. neither france nor dak got it. i knew last year no deal would be reached. now dak and france (maybe) understand when stephen draws a line in the sand, better not cross it.

cern

Reaction score
Not necessarily, the worst team may have a young QB that they're happy with and have other needs. What if CIN has the worst record or MIA.

The tricky part is beating the other teams that might go for him. If there is a season, there could be some serious tanking involved toward the end as they jockey for position.

And cern, "fairy tales can come true, it can happen to you, when you're young at heart". Don't be such an old science fuddy duddy.
teams, and their owners and gm's also answer to the fans whether they like to admit it or not. cincy probably received many offers for the rights to burrow. but they knew it would be FANticide to trade those rights away.

if there is tanking, it will be for the right to get lawrence, not get him and trade him away.

as for fuddy duddy, my wife tells me to grow up all the time.

cern

Reaction score
I think we know but that's just my opinion.
seems some have forgotten tank's torn labrum and his statement he wouldn't get surgery until signed. there's a reason zeke went to cabo. it precluded him from having to say anything contract related. some think he's dumb. they would be wrong.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
seems some have forgotten tank's torn labrum and his statement he wouldn't get surgery until signed. there's a reason zeke went to cabo. it precluded him from having to say anything contract related. some think he's dumb. they would be wrong.

Yeah, lots of games on both sides during contract discussions. That's for sure.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fans got down on Lawrence for playing the only card he had to play. I am not a fan of his but the guy took the tag and played with an injury without complaint. His only leverage was getting that surgery to get to rehab and the field sooner.

It would help some here if they would just stop and ask themselves one question before they start wading in and criticizing a player because they don't like how he's handling something. "If that was really me in that situation, what would I do"? I would have done exactly what he did and I also would have done what Elliott did.

Negotiations are all about leverage, if only perceived leverage. Adding a sense of urgency to negotiations is real leverage.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, lots of games on both sides during contract discussions. That's for sure.
And interestingly, there doesn't seem to be hangover animosity from most of them. They're careful not to do any lasting damage.

Schramm had that down. He would be the hardass and let Landry be the coach. Back before agents got so involved, there were hard feelings between players and management that would be hard to repair.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If that is what you wish, that's fine but I've already explained that this doesn't necessarily revolve around Dak. There is another side. Now, if you choose to only see one side, that's fine, that's on you. But it doesn't make it true. It only makes it your view of this thing.
I certainly haven’t heard from any slobbering Daksters that supported drawing a line in the sand on contracts. Lol

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
And interestingly, there doesn't seem to be hangover animosity from most of them. They're careful not to do any lasting damage.

Schramm had that down. He would be the hardass and let Landry be the coach. Back before agents got so involved, there were hard feelings between players and management that would be hard to repair.

I think more will come from this situation with France and his departure from CAA but we will see. Of course, there will be spin and that will run rampant but one Dak announces his decision on who is representing him, that's going to tell a whole lot about what's what. That's going to be very interesting indeed.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I certainly haven’t heard from any slobbering Daksters that supported drawing a line in the sand on contracts. Lol

But you have heard from one poster who doesn't really believe in the whole Dak is the focus approach. There is another way to view this and it really doesn't center around Dak.

cern

Reaction score
Fans got down on Lawrence for playing the only card he had to play. I am not a fan of his but the guy took the tag and played with an injury without complaint. His only leverage was getting that surgery to get to rehab and the field sooner.

It would help some here if they would just stop and ask themselves one question before they start wading in and criticizing a player because they don't like how he's handling something. "If that was really me in that situation, what would I do"? I would have done exactly what he did and I also would have done what Elliott did.

Negotiations are all about leverage, if only perceived leverage. Adding a sense of urgency to negotiations is real leverage.
I didn't criticize him for doing it. In fact, i said long before he went public it was his only bargaining chip. I didn't critize zeke either. I thought he played his hand artfully. I've made much bigger deals than the player contracts. Understanding the other side's pov helps outmaneuver them. Or, as happens on occasion, accept you can't win this one and just close the deal. But don't take it personally.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But you have heard from one poster who doesn't really believe in the whole Dak is the focus approach. There is another way to view this and it really doesn't center around Dak.
You’ll have to expand . I don’t follow.

cern

Reaction score

Lee roy jordan.