Twitter: Tolbert: I lost all my confidence in rookie year

Proof

Reaction score
My advice to him is make big circus like catches and score TDs, even w/o yards it might be enough to cement him in. Otherwise he is going to be the next Noah Brown, never quite good enough but ok.
excellent advice. i hope someone’s mentioned it to him.

i assume lining up offsides at a crucial time didn’t help matters. hope he puts it up

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I think his problem is he's a little soft and timid. Not aggressive or physical. And I don't think that can really be coached into a player.
He was the big fish in a little pond. It's a real big jump from that level all the way to the nfl. A way more complicated offense

Creeper

Reaction score
If off-season hype was electricity, the Cowboys could power the globe.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
He was the big fish in a little pond. It's a real big jump from that level all the way to the nfl. A way more complicated offense
True, but he should have been over that last year. And the punt problem isn't about any offense, just being careless and not paying attention.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We know he played like he wasn't ready, we saw that. Took the coaches a minute to see it too.

75boyz

Reaction score
I think he is a career WR3 who will be fighting tooth and nail with the other Jalen this year to get WR3 snaps.

jmo

speedkilz88

Reaction score
True, but he should have been over that last year. And the punt problem isn't about any offense, just being careless and not paying attention.
He caught over 20 passes with limited snaps and targets. The only way he could have done more is if they would have benched Gallup.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Playing for a relatively small school at South Alabama, Tolbert wasn't especially well-prepared for his experience with pro ball and the Cowboys. The adjustments that he had to make were especially demanding for someone who evidently didn't get the best of preps for pro football. I'm hoping the upcoming season for him will be one that finds him making major improvements in his WR play with the Cowboys. He'll see some stiff competition from Brooks, no doubt.

Last edited:

plasticman

Reaction score
Hopefully, he will be capable and take advantage of opportunities because he still won't get that many of them.

I think the WR with the 2nd most receptions will actually have the 3rd or even 4th most receptions for the team.

I see a TE as having the 2nd most receptions and i believe that Zeke will become an important part of the passing game.

That actually happened last season. Ferguson was #2 and Pollard was #3, although by just one reception over Cooks. I don't really see Gallup's numbers added to Tolbert, I think they will be more evenly distributed.

However, I really don't see Lamb getting 181 targets either. If they didn't already know, the word is out on CeeDee, He will be mentioned more often in every opponent's defensive gameplan.

I think Ferguson could get 100 receptions. I could also easily see another TE in double digit receptions, something we didn't see last season.

With Tolbert, I'm looking at around 40 receptions.

I'm thinking, after Lamb and Ferguson, we will see a cluster of 3-4 players with 40-55 receptions.

Of course, staying in good health is key for all.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Hopefully, he will be capable and take advantage of opportunities because he still won't get that many of them.

I think the WR with the 2nd most receptions will actually have the 3rd or even 4th most receptions for the team.

I see a TE as having the 2nd most receptions and i believe that Zeke will become an important part of the passing game.

That actually happened last season. Ferguson was #2 and Pollard was #3, although by just one reception over Cooks. I don't really see Gallup's numbers added to Tolbert, I think they will be more evenly distributed.

However, I really don't see Lamb getting 181 targets either. If they didn't already know, the word is out on CeeDee, He will be mentioned more often in every opponent's defensive gameplan.

I think Ferguson could get 100 receptions. I could also easily see another TE in double digit receptions, something we didn't see last season.

With Tolbert, I'm looking at around 40 receptions.

I'm thinking, after Lamb and Ferguson, we will see a cluster of 3-4 players with 40-55 receptions.

Of course, staying in good health is key for all.
Add to this, airman, Dak's increasing reliance on Fergie as a security blanket. Fergie has mastered the art of catching errant passes.