Tolbert out, Gallup in for today's game

Mr_437

Reaction score
Apparently Tolbert is not great on special teams.. which as the #3 receiver is not a big deal.. But with Gallup back he would be no higher than the #4.. and that allows guys like Fehoko who apparently ARE good on special teams to get the nod over him. It is what it is.. Not sure why people lose their minds over stuff like this.. The kid needs time to develop.. Meh..
I get what your saying, but Tolbert isn't WR3 or WR4...he's the last WR on the depth chart it has nothing to do with STs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys are probably wishing they had a redo on the Tolbert pick.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I get what your saying, but Tolbert isn't WR3 or WR4...he's the last WR on the depth chart it has nothing to do with STs.

Was expecting a lot more from a third round pick in a strong WR class. He’s going to be a healthy scratch for the third time this season. It’s early but Tolbert is on the road to being a bust.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
You hit on some, and you miss on some. This, unfortunately, is shaping up to be quite the miss.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Tolbert doesnt look ready.

Not sure he’ll ever be ready. The few times I’ve seen him on the field he hasn’t looked impressive. Not sure what his 40 time is but he doesn’t look like he has much speed. He’s been very disappointing.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Way too soon to judge Tolbert so harshly. Plenty of time for him to develop and contribute.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most teams carry 5 WR on the gameday roster. Turpin will never be inactive, unless he's injured. Brown has been playing well. Fehoko has taken advantage of his targets. Gallup is ready and Lamb is Lamb. So where does that leave Tolbert?

As a 3rd round pick who can't beat out a JAG like Semi Fehoko.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The same Will McClay who found Gallup, Lamb, Noah Brown, Cedrick Wilson, et al? His track record is pretty strong overall.. so I'm not going to shovel dirt on Tolbert just yet.

And the same Will McClay who "found" Taco Charlton, Trysten Hill, Kelvin Joseph and Jaylon Smith too.

And "found" Osa, Golston and Wright in one 3rd round.

I'm not as easily impressed.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
3rd round pick. Inactive 3 of the first 4 games.

Will McClay strikes again.

Lol, not every pick can be a hit but clearly it looks like Tolbert isn't ready to contribute just yet. Gallup was pushed in the lineup his rookie year too before he was ready and didn't do much his first 6 games.

Havic

Reaction score
Trysten and Taco were Marinelli picks. Agreed with KJ, I thought he would be more at this point and Jaylon Smith was a gamble. Worked out till the 2nd contract imo.

Ekspozed

Reaction score

Dak was calling him before the draft. Not sure if daks feelings played into it.

Though, it does seem McCray does seem to favor slow wrs who are supposed to be good route runners.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

our drafts have been excellent, but this Tolbert has been EVTREMELY disappointed. The good news is they have finally been able to discover that Brown is an absolute baller. He catches EVERYTHING thrown his way and he will not relinquish his role as the team's number 3. With the emergence of Brown, I think we have a legit WR corps and will show they did the right thing in unloading that 20 million dollar contract.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Our WR Corp is pretty deep.

Well, I think I've read everything here now.

Lamb, Gallup, Brown, Houston and Turpin all bring something Tolbert doesn’t right now. Washington is due back soon. Pretty deep when you have to pick and choose who is active. Tolbert would be active for at least 20 NFL teams today.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys fans third round picks are busts:facepalm: For every bad third round pick you get an undrafted free agent, 4th and 6th round pick that plays well.