Told You Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
He did enough to win as a backup QB.

Did he? We had 3 or 4 possessions in the 2nd half. Didn't put up even a FG. The defense played a lot. That's on the QB. I'll play along, he did enough to win...if football was only 2 quarters.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Did he? We had 3 or 4 possessions in the 2nd half. Didn't put up even a FG. The defense played a lot. That's on the QB. I'll play along, he did enough to win...if football was only 2 quarters.

What about the running game? What about the drops? What about the defense not being able to stop the run or the pass in the 2nd half?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
we will never win with Weeden, season's over

So you're assuming Weeden will remain our QB throughout all of the upcoming games until such time as all of our walking wounded return to action? That surely appears to be the assumption you're counting on. Better to put your money on the idea that Cassel will take the QB helm very soon -- if not next week, then the week after. I'm anticipating that his taking the QB helm should more than likely signal our return to being highly competitive.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Better to put your money on the idea that Cassel will likely return very soon -- if not next week, then the week thereafter. I'm anticipating that his taking the QB helm should signal our return to being highly competitive.

Well, yeah. He's Matt Cassel.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
What about the running game? What about the drops? What about the defense not being able to stop the run or the pass in the 2nd half?

I remember two Terrence Willims drops, who else dropped passes? Hard to get off the field when you're gassed.

jday

Reaction score
Marinelli got dudes dropping like flies along the front. Sure there's Tank, Crawford, and Hayden but no depth there.

True. But at the end of the day, if you are going to point fingers, the defense as a whole would be the better place to start. The offense put up what should have been enough points.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
True. But at the end of the day, if you are going to point fingers, the defense as a whole would be the better place to start. The offense put up what should have been enough points.

I thought the defense played well the first half. They were on the field most of the 2nd half. Cowboys longest drive only covered 29 yards.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
It's hard for me to give credit for dinking and donking and letting Randle, McFadden, and Dunbar make plays. He needed to be better once Atlanta adjusted and he wasn't. Why is that so hard for the "Weeden wasn't bad" crowd. The game was a tale of two halves. They didn't know what we'd do the first half. They adjusted after halftime and we didn't.

well it is a combination of Weeden not being good enough to overcome the mess our defense let us get in.
Someone said it right when they said Atlanta didnt know what we would do first half then adjusted knowing Weedens weakness. Our defense just got a beatdown and was tired and it showed. Alot of injuries, lack of a trusted running game due to the Falcons sitting in the box which forced us into a more passing game which keeps our defense on field longer,

really just alot of factors went into the reason for our loss but excusable ones were the least.

RS12

Reaction score
Ten straight losses as a starter for Weeden. One constant in the equation.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
offense scored 28 points, the defense gave up 39 points yet you blame Weeden....

Weeden did nothing today. The run game was humming early and every checkdown went for big yards. As soon as the Falcons adjusted on defense (whether it was scheme or nicknames or both) he had no answer.

The guy is a bum. If he has to play another 6 or 7 games, the season will be lost. Count on it. He's a loser.

jday

Reaction score
I thought the defense played well the first half. They were on the field most of the 2nd half. Cowboys longest drive only covered 29 yards.

I honestly don't think exhaustion was the issue. I think Freeman surprised the Cowboys...they weren't prepared for him to have that kind of day, likely spending the bulk of their preparation on shutting down their pass game....which they also failed at.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys had a lot of good luck last year when they went on their run. I figured they'd have bad luck this year. We may be a good team in December but it very likely won't matter.

Eddie

Reaction score
Weeden did nothing today. The run game was humming early and every checkdown went for big yards. As soon as the Falcons adjusted on defense (whether it was scheme or nicknames or both) he had no answer.

The guy is a bum. If he has to play another 6 or 7 games, the season will be lost. Count on it. He's a loser.

Blame the guy up top for even having to rely on Weedon. Why are we in this position? Who's the one believing our injured 36 year old QB will play injury-free until his bloated contract expires when he's 40.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

That rings very true to me -- in the end, the lack of a prolific pass rush was a devastatingly fatal flaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.