Told you we should have drafted Drew Lock

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Lock doesn’t cost $35 million a year

could have traded him and drafted Lock
Not yet, Dallas does not need to play musical QB where each 3 years we get a new one. Dak got what the market dictated just as other players do.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lock doesn’t cost $35 million a year

could have traded him and drafted Lock

The only way the Cowboys could have been sure of drafting Lock would have been to overdraft him with their first round pick, and even so, what has Lock proven to this point anyway? He has played 5 games - 1 was outstanding, one was poor, and 3 were ordinary. The jury is so far out on him it's ridiculous to say at this point that drafting him would have been either the right or wrong thing.

The other point to this is what Doomsday1010 is saying below. A team has to make choices, and playing musical QB's is not likely to be the best one as long as the team feels it already has a good one.

Not yet, Dallas does not need to play musical QB where each 3 years we get a new one. Dak got what the market dictated just as other players do.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Lock had one good game last year. Ted Nguyen did a good evaluation on him for The Athletic if you have access.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Is this the Dak equivalent of "wish we had Brady Quinn instead of Romo"?

What psycho would want to have Drew Lock over Dak Prescott?

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Is this the Dak equivalent of "wish we had Brady Quinn instead of Romo"?

What psycho would want to have Drew Lock over Dak Prescott?
Me....

Dak is going to cost $100 million dollars

Lock would have cost a draft pick

and we probably could have got two 1st round picks ++ for Dak and built a serious defense

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Me....

Dak is going to cost $100 million dollars

Lock would have cost a draft pick

and we probably could have got two 1st round picks ++ for Dak and built a serious defense
I notice you didn’t make part of this equation that Lock would be as good or better, and rightfully so because we are miles and miles away from being able to say that.

And isn’t the goal quality and not just cheaper?

And no, a team wouldn’t have given up 2 1st round draft picks and a huge contract for Dak. Outside of Mahoney, and maybe Russell Wilson I doubt a team would give up that much for any QB. The majority of teams aren’t hunting for QBs anyway, so there would be a linmited number of suitors. Maybe 3-5 at most.