Twitter: Tom Brady a Cowboy?

75boyz

Reaction score
Depends on what kind of money and contract he wants.

If Brady wants to continue to build on his legacy for 20 mill a year then i'm all for it.

Brady at that price or Dak at his price is a no brainer.

If he is wanting 35 mill a year then no thanks.

3 yrs ago the Vikes gave Cousins $84 mil 'fully guaranteed' for 3 yrs at 28 mil per. I say Jerry ponies up 32 per for 3 yrs 'fully guaranteed' and "Let's ride that 3 year rental"

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
and then what after next season?

I'd like to move up for Tua and give him a year to heal.

Give up 2 first rounders or whatever it would take and with the money saved on Dak take some risks in Free Agency.

Teams have moved up from the middle of the draft like we are now so offer a similar package and a player too if need be.

LittleD

Reaction score
This is what kills me....how are people so stupid that they would want Tom Brady in 2020 over Dak? And would actually give him money? I Think people think when you get a super bowl champion then you inherit his rings with him lol.

Then it kills you. I would take Brady or even Romo any day of the week and twice on Sunday over Dak...I'm never paying him with his errant throws and poor footwork 35mil per year...NEVER!

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
Tom dislikes the Cowboys. He openly admitted it a bunch of times. He is not coming here.

75boyz

Reaction score
I'd like to move up for Tua and give him a year to heal.

Give up 2 first rounders or whatever it would take and with the money saved on Dak take some risks in Free Agency.

Teams have moved up from the middle of the draft like we are now so offer a similar package and a player too if need be.

Either you have been reading my past posts or we just must be in absolute total agreement!
It doesn't matter to me, Totally agree with your plan.
Heck I'd have taken Bridgewater or Mariotta or even Fitz as a bridge to await the healing/rehab time as I have alluded to in previous posts.
To get Brady as the so called bridge QB would be like the cherry on top.

I can be optimistic when the opportunity for change at QB comes into play.

If keeping the status quo, not so much.

Anyway, great post and plan. Agree wholeheartedly.

NeathBlue

Reaction score
Remember when the Bronco's signed Peyton Manning?

They went to 2 Superbowls thanks to that kind of move.

Play it safe.. Sign Dak.. Sign guys like McCarthy.. Take no risks and you'll be headed right for mediocrity again.

The riskiest thing this team has done in forever is trade for Amari Cooper and we reeled off 7 in a row and to the divisional round of the playoffs.

Start taking some risks and quit being so safe all of the time.

Manning was 7 years younger than what Brady is when they traded for him... If Brady was 36, it would be a no brainier, but time has caught up with him at last.

Aven8

Reaction score
Remember when the Bronco's signed Peyton Manning?

They went to 2 Superbowls thanks to that kind of move.

Play it safe.. Sign Dak.. Sign guys like McCarthy.. Take no risks and you'll be headed right for mediocrity again.

The riskiest thing this team has done in forever is trade for Amari Cooper and we reeled off 7 in a row and to the divisional round of the playoffs.

Start taking some risks and quit being so safe all of the time.

Man Catch you are starting to sound like the wild catter himself, Jerry.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Either you have been reading my past posts or we just must be in absolute total agreement!
It doesn't matter to me, Totally agree with your plan.
Heck I'd have taken Bridgewater or Mariotta or even Fitz as a bridge to await the healing/rehab time as I have alluded to in previous posts.
To get Brady as the so called bridge QB would be like the cherry on top.

I can be optimistic when the opportunity for change at QB comes into play.

If keeping the status quo, not so much.

Anyway, great post and plan. Agree wholeheartedly.

The fact Tua isn't going #1 is a borderline miracle in itself.

His stock is at an all time low..

IMO, he is potentially the next Steve Young if healthy and with the move to a WCO I think this would be a slam dunk and a risk worth taking.

Or.. Sit back.. Draft some defensive tackle or safety.. And keep trying to break from mediocrity.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Man Catch you are starting to sound like the wild catter himself, Jerry.

We need some wildcat right now. We need some clever. We need some risk.

WE've became robotic after 10 years of Garrett.

Dallas needed the flashy coaching hire and they failed there.

They need to make a splash move to get the fan base going in Free Agency or the Draft.

Get people excited and buzzing again with some hope.

Tom Brady to Dallas would be incredible. Tell Dak Tebow to pack his bags and get Tom in a dome for 8 games a year with our Oline, Cooper, and Zeke.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Manning was 7 years younger than what Brady is when they traded for him... If Brady was 36, it would be a no brainier, but time has caught up with him at last.

I get it but the guy is 1 year off of winning the Superbowl and played on a team with no weapons and almost landed the 2 seed.

Playing in a dome stadium will help a guy like him A LOT as well.

You bring in a guy like him and my gosh do expectations change immediately.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Trade up for Tua.. Sign Tom.. Lets do it..

Why can't we just sign Tom and Keep Dak? I mean, Dak might learn a thing or two from Tom. If you want to trade Dak, then go ahead and do it but you won't get enough to trade up for Tua IMO. I think you can make a nice trade for him and get a nice pick or two, grab a WR, a MLB, a DT or rush DE, a TE and a QB in the first 4 rounds of this draft, if you get a little lucky. Meanwhile, I think we have enough talent to make a serious run for a Super Bowl with a QB like Brady.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I take Prescott over Brady right now. I take him over Aaron Rodgers also media lover boy no heart. Put Prescott in the right situation we have a winner. Make no mistake about it

Aven8

Reaction score
We need some wildcat right now. We need some clever. We need some risk.

WE've became robotic after 10 years of Garrett.

Dallas needed the flashy coaching hire and they failed there.

They need to make a splash move to get the fan base going in Free Agency or the Draft.

Get people excited and buzzing again with some hope.

We finally got rid of JG and he was allowed to hire his own staff. I’m buzzed about that alone. I thought it would go on forever. Now I hope we have a philosophy change in the FA and the draft and go after different players that are not RKG, and quick twitch yadda yadda.

We are all so blinded by the stench of the past 10 years that we really don’t know how to act anymore. As fans we have to open our minds that he’s gone and things should get better. I still found myself comparing our team coached by JG vs. KC and SF yesterday. But he’s gone.

Repeat after me Catch, He’s gone and things are going to improve. ;).

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Why can't we just sign Tom and Keep Dak? I mean, Dak might learn a thing or two from Tom. If you want to trade Dak, then go ahead and do it but you won't get enough to trade up for Tua IMO. I think you can make a nice trade for him and get a nice pick or two, grab a WR, a MLB, a DT or rush DE, a TE and a QB in the first 4 rounds of this draft, if you get a little lucky. Meanwhile, I think we have enough talent to make a serious run for a Super Bowl with a QB like Brady.

To me... The best move with all of the potential FA QB's like Mariotta, Tom, Rivers, possibly Cam, Possibly Carr, Andy Dalton, possibly Jameis.... Is to just let Dak go on the open market and see what happens.

Instead of competing with ourselves let the market set his value and if it's 35+ million then sign one of the guys I listed above for less.