Tom Brady leaving New England

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Crazy. While I understand nothing lasts forever, it sure seemed to with the Brady and Pats marriage. Wierd to see it finally dissolve into history.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Without Belichick and Craft, Brady will do nothing. He's about to find out what good coaching and ownership really meant. He needs to retire...

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just like I said.........Bucs said all along, they'd do whatever it takes to get him signed. Not official yet but ......

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Yep.

That franchise is going down.

But they had an epic run.
I disagree. They still have the master mind, a very good D, and a bunch of draft picks.
Great defense always keeps you in games. Belicheat will structure his team around the defense and they will be very tough to beat!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree. They still have the master mind, a very good D, and a bunch of draft picks.
Great defense always keeps you in games. Belicheat will structure his team around the defense and they will be very tough to beat!

Have you been seeing what's happening to their defense?

Ghost12

Reaction score
The “mastermind” only became a mastermind HC once Brady took over at QB.

In 7 years of coaching without Brady, he is barely .500 with all of 1 playoff win.

Ghost12

Reaction score
San Diego cutting one aging QB to sign an even older QB doesn’t make any sense plus don’t see Brady wanting to go to go to a team coming off a 5-11 season. It’s not like changing QB is going to make the Chargers a Super Bowl contender.
We know he’s going to TB, but LA pursued him simply to sell tickets and PSLs. (Arguably Tampa did the same). So it made sense for LA from a monetary standpoint.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We know he’s going to TB, but LA pursued him simply to sell tickets and PSLs. (Arguably Tampa did the same). So it made sense for LA from a monetary standpoint.

LA pursued him because they need a QB. The top two QBs in the draft will likely be off the board by the time they pick. The bottom line is Brady is a stopgap and had they signed him they’ll be looking for another QB within a year or two. Tampa will be facing the same problem unless Brady can play until he’s 45+. You certainly can’t build a future with a 43 year-old QB. The Bucs will be getting what’s left of Brady which is still pretty good but we’ll see for how much longer.

Ghost12

Reaction score
LA pursued him because they need a QB. The top two QBs in the draft will likely be off the board by the time they pick. The bottom line is Brady is a stopgap and had they signed him they’ll be looking for another QB within a year or two. Tampa will be facing the same problem unless Brady can play until he’s 45+. You certainly can’t build a future with a 43 year-old QB. The Bucs will be getting what’s left of Brady which is still pretty good but we’ll see for how much longer.
They weren’t looking to build a future. This has nothing to do with football ops. They were looking to generate PSL sales. Given the market response in Tampa Bay, it would have worked to some extent.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They weren’t looking to build a future. This has nothing to do with football ops. They were looking to generate PSL sales. Given the market response in Tampa Bay, it would have worked to some extent.

With a 43 year-old QB you’re obviously not looking to build a future you’re looking for short term success. Both teams felt they had enough weapons to make a serious run if they improve their QB play and Tampa won out. It’s not just about trying to generate sales they’re trying to win games.

Ghost12

Reaction score
With a 43 year-old QB you’re obviously not looking to build a future you’re looking for short term success. Both teams felt they had enough weapons to make a serious run if they improve their QB play and Tampa won out. It’s not just about trying to generate sales they’re trying to win games.
That’s cute you think so!

With Tampa it’s primarily about games. With LAC it was all about improving their ridiculously weak ticket sales.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That’s cute you think so!

With Tampa it’s primarily about games. With LAC it was all about improving their ridiculously weak ticket sales.

Winning improves ticket sales.

Flamma

Reaction score
In all my life I never thought that people en masse would be unable to discern the regression of an NFL player at the age of 42. Does everyone watch the games drunk?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know I do. Which is probably why most of the crap that comes pouring out of my mouth never comes to pass or is flat out wrong. Vile liquids!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3tert1.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

Status
Not open for further replies.