Tom Brady played with torn MCL, Dak can play with strain

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I've actually torn both my MCLs. lol It sucks but it's manageable. I could see being able to stand in the pocket and still make some throws. Strained calf though? I dunno. Never had that experience.

Different injuries and comparing the regular season to the Super Bowl is laughable.

Plus this. If you accidentally cut off your leg, you would just sew it on quick to be able to play in a Super Bowl. lol

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Brady is from the same generation as a guy like Farve. Those guys have the mindset if you can walk and you can throw the ball then you can play.

99% of the QBs of today is from the generation of participation trophies.

I’m sure Prescott will play if cleared by the team doctor.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If all the circumstances were the same, Dak would be playing with a strained calf. ;)

Section446

Reaction score
Brady is more of an alpha-male than any QB in history, he's just built different.

I'll be pretty disappointed if Dak doesn't play, but I understand the logic... It's a long season.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Brady is more of an alpha-male than any QB in history, he's just built different.

I'll be pretty disappointed if Dak doesn't play, but I understand the logic... It's a long season.
I think Farve is more alpha than Brady if we're talking about toughness lol

pitt33

Reaction score
Aikman played with a strained calf. He said they adjusted the game plan. I know they are entirely different qbs but if Dak doesn’t play this is an almost certain loss.

conner01

Reaction score
You're taking about Tom Brady. He's one of the most competitive people ever.

Dak ain't built like that. It's not even fair to think Dak can do something that Brady did. Even if Dak's injury is a lesser injury that doesn't require surgery like Bradys did.
It’s not about how someone is built
Study some anatomy

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I’m tired of this team coming up with excuses to turn momentum from winning to losing because certain fans and media members can’t take hardship, and will give up soon as they face one in life.

I'm tired of silly threads from fans who think they know a lot more about everything than they really do, but we've all got our crosses to bear.

Praxit

Reaction score
...I doubt Brady played with anything worse then bruised thumb. ..lol..

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m tired of this team coming up with excuses to turn momentum from winning to losing because certain fans and media members can’t take hardship, and will give up soon as they face one in life.

This loser mentality will keep this team from reaching the playoffs, as they want wrap every scratch in a cast.

Dak could get hit this week, next week or 10 weeks and he could injure a whole another body part not relating to this injury and no amount of rest can prevent that.

If the GOAT can win his 7th SB with a torn MCL then Dak can play this Sunday with a sore calf.

MCLs are easy for a guy that sits in the pocket...old fashion figure 8 tape job and he's fine! Plus, if it was that bad and never reported on the teams injury report, it would have led to a HUGE fine......not even close to being the same thing...

texbumthelife

Reaction score

This loser mentality will keep this team from reaching the playoffs, as they want wrap every scratch in a cast.

Dak could get hit this week, next week or 10 weeks and he could injure a whole another body part not relating to this injury and no amount of rest can prevent that.

If the GOAT can win his 7th SB with a torn MCL then Dak can play this Sunday with a sore calf.

You need some anatomy lessons and QB mechanic lessons. You can do just about anything on a torn MCL. It’s the least important ligament in your knee, structurally. You can not, however, plant and drive a pass with a bum calf.

If this was a must-win game, you know, like the Super Bowl where Brady played hurt, Dak would play.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Brady is from the same generation as a guy like Farve. Those guys have the mindset if you can walk and you can throw the ball then you can play.

99% of the QBs of today is from the generation of participation trophies.

So incredibly ignorant and ageist.

QBs today aren’t any less tough. If anything, they’re tougher and more athletic. They’re getting hit by cars significantly bigger and faster than anyone before them.

Fortunately, we also have a better understanding of the human body and the league actually pretends to care about player safety now.

You sound like a CTE denier.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You're taking about Tom Brady. He's one of the most competitive people ever.

Dak ain't built like that. It's not even fair to think Dak can do something that Brady did. Even if Dak's injury is a lesser injury that doesn't require surgery like Bradys did.

:rolleyes:

Two entirely different injuries. Nothing to do with competitiveness or any other emotional argument you want to make.

John Elway played his entire career with a torn ACL. How? There are multiple ligaments holding the knee together. He tore it in high school and never had surgery.

Tearing a muscle, or worse an Achilles, is something else altogether. That's the risk the Cowboys' medical team is weighing.

By the way, Brady missed an entire season with a torn ACL so I guess he wasn't feeling "competitive" that season (2008).

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score

As much as you annoy everybody, I agree.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score

Not a smart take. If it was the last game of the season, Dak would definitely play. But it's not the Superbowl, so the staff is trying to assure Dak will be there for us in the playoffs.

You go all out in the Superbowl.
You don't go all out in week eight.