Tom Brady retires *** NOT CONFIRMED ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

terra

Reaction score
And if Rodgers leaves the NFC, the conference is really depleted of upper end or top QBs.
AFC is loaded.

NFC: Stafford , Murray, Dak, Cousins

AFC: Mahomes, Herbert, Allen, Burrow...maybe more soon
No really excellent YOUNG QBs in the NFC. Not sure about Murray - will need to cut down on his picks.

terra

Reaction score
Thinking about QBs you have to go Mahoones and then Allen and its close there. there is a gap after them. Though Burrows might break through soon. As regards the NFC? Nothing outside of Rodgers is in that zone. And he is probably about done.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Brees, Brady and Big Ben all retired within a matter of month's. Thats a HUGE hit for the NFL 2 take. If Rodgers does the same, the NFL ratings will be in a tail spin next year. Allen, Mahomes would be the 2 best QB's left standing. The league had BIG QB issues going forward. The talent disparity is huge between the 2 best and then the rest.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Brees, Brady and Big Ben all retired within a matter of month's. Thats a HUGE hit for the NFL 2 take. If Rodgers does the same, the NFL ratings will be in a tail spin next year. Allen, Mahomes would be the 2 best QB's left standing. The league had BIG QB issues going forward. The talent disparity is huge between the 2 best and then the rest.

Not even remotely.

Burrow, Herbert, DeNucci, et cetera

Rayman70

Reaction score
No really excellent YOUNG QBs in the NFC. Not sure about Murray - will need to cut down on his picks.
Agree. I was just talking about that. We have Allen and Mahomes left if Aaron retires as well, then its a HUGE drop off to the next tier of guys. Murray is still raw and learning the NFL GAME AND WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN A TITLE. He's really streaky.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
The best there ever was or ever will be.

Brady’s 35 playoff wins and 7 rings will never be surpassed.

People will be talking about Brady 100 years from now in reverent tones like they do Babe Ruth.

Allen and Mahomes are now the best QBs in the league.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Agree. I was just talking about that. We have Allen and Mahomes left if Aaron retires as well, then its a HUGE drop off to the next tier of guys. Murray is still raw and learning the NFL GAME AND WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN A TITLE. He's really streaky.

Herbert is right there with Allen. Also Burrow seems like the real deal.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Russ Wilson isn't very far away either, from retiring. Hes not elite but hes darn good. He clearly wasnt the same guy last year. Its a young mans game, unless u are Elite and super gifted.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The best there ever was or ever will be.

Brady’s 35 playoff wins and 7 rings will never be surpassed.

People will be talking about Brady 100 years from now like they do Babe Ruth.

Allen and Mahomes are now the best QBs in the league.
well said. :flagwave:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Thinking about QBs you have to go Mahoones and then Allen and its close there. there is a gap after them. Though Burrows might break through soon. As regards the NFC? Nothing outside of Rodgers is in that zone. And he is probably about done.
I forgot Burrow. TY for mentioning him.

terra

Reaction score
Herbert is right there with Allen. Also Burrow seems like the real deal.
That might have been defensible before the Chiefs/Bills game but it is not now. Herbert is clearly inferior to Allen and also Mahoones. Burrows I think we will see tomorrow.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Burrow is very very close to being in that Elite stratosphere. It depends what he does Sunday. For the next few years He, Mahomes, Allen, will have to carry the league ratings-wise, because the drop off will be significant after Rodgers retires. Wilson is somewhere in the middle. Luv his game btw. Steady...but has some real duds at times. More than an elite QB should. Which is why Hes not.

terra

Reaction score
Burrow is very very close to being in that Elite stratosphere. It depends what he does Sunday. For the next few years He, Mahomes, Allen, will have to carry the league ratings-wise, because the drop off will be significant after Rodgers retires. Wilson is somewhere in the middle. Luv his game btw. Steady...but has some real duds at times. More than an elite QB should. Which is why Hes not.
I was about ready to put Wilson up there in the top tier but the last couple of years have made me back off; like you said he has very bad games too often.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
That might have been defensible before the Chiefs/Bills game but it is not now. Herbert is clearly inferior to Allen and also Mahoones. Burrows I think we will see tomorrow.

Uh why? Herbert had a similar performance against the Raiders and it's not like the Chiefs D is some juggernaut.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Has he actually announced it yet?

Best conspiracy I've seen, was this was his team leaking it to Shefter to get back at them from deflate gate.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Pull a Farve? You mean send inappropriate pictures to a female that looked like your wife but younger. I doubt it, Brady's wife is pretty hot.

No i mean Favre retired and came back like 3 or 4 years in a row

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Good. Never again will I have to hear one of our players tell him, “sEe yOu iN tHe pLayOffS.”

terra

Reaction score
Uh why? Herbert had a similar performance against the Raiders and it's not like the Chiefs D is some juggernaut.
Sorry dude but there really is no comparison; if you think so then you did not watch the Bills/Chiefs game

Status
Not open for further replies.