Tom Brady's Deal

DFWJC

Reaction score
Green Bay is better. Minnesota is better. Saints are better. Rams are better. Dallas is better. Eagles are better. Seahawks are better. Cardinals are better. You could easily argue for 3-4 other teams being better as well. Buccaneers are a non-factor.
Sure they are.
Check back in at the end of the year.
Not saying they are a top contender but after the 49ers and maybe the Vikings, they fall in line with about 5-6 other teams....mostly those you mentioned.
Imo
Agree to disagree

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure they are.
Not saying they are a top contender but after the 49ers and maybe the Vikings, they fall in line with about 5-6 other teams....mostly those you mentioned.
Imo
Agree to disagree
They have no defense. Zero.

DFWJC

Reaction score
They have no defense. Zero.
Led the entire league in rush defense and were middle of the pack in total defense.

Plus, many defenses would be scrambling with a QB that threw 30 interceptions.

No big deal. We'll find out--hopefully--this coming season

Last edited:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Led the entire league in rush defense and were middle of the pack in total defense.

Plus, many defenses would be scrambling with a QB that threw 30 interceptions.

No big deal. We'll find out--hopefully--this coming season
They were last in pass defense.

sean10mm

Reaction score
You can't just separate offensive and defensive play when the offense keeps giving the ball away at a historically awful rate. You can't just keep giving the opposing offense extra possessions and favorable field position and expect your defense to win every drive and not be gassed in the 4th quarter.

Tampa Bay's D graded highly on a per-play basis (#5 in defensive DVOA, good % of wins on 3rd down and the red zone), but when you keep giving the opposing offense free possessions and short fields over and over they're going to put up points. Hell, 49 of the points Tampa gave up on "defense" were on pick sixes thrown by their own QB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't think anything of BRady in 2020 but I personally won't invest in a immobile 42 year old quarterback. Stupid business. Bucc's should've invested in a young quarterback or planned for life after Winston far better than they did.

If they can give Brady a clean pocket he can still do plenty of damage. I don't have any question about that. Probably has arguable the best pass catchers in the NFL to throw to. Budding young defense and a HC that loves to throw the ball and go deep.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If they can give Brady a clean pocket he can still do plenty of damage. I don't have any question about that. Probably has arguable the best pass catchers in the NFL to throw to. Budding young defense and a HC that loves to throw the ball and go deep.

Yeah but even the best offensive line gives up sacks. Brady is gonna get the ball out quick so I Don't think him getting sacked will be a problem. Godwin and Evans are big play receivers. Seems like they better get accustom to short intermediate routes.

Brady has excelled without those type of guys. He should be alright but I personally wouldn't bet on him. Father Time is undefeated.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah but even the best offensive line gives up sacks. Brady is gonna get the ball out quick so I Don't think him getting sacked will be a problem. Godwin and Evans are big play receivers. Seems like they better get accustom to short intermediate routes.

Brady has excelled without those type of guys. He should be alright but I personally wouldn't bet on him. Father Time is undefeated.

Yah well I have been hearing these exact same things from guys like you about Brady for 10 years. I also didn't notice any alarming things about Brady's skills faultering last year. I don't see any problem with Brady throwing the deep ball. He really hasn't had the receivers for it the last few years.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sure they are.
Imo
Agree to disagree

Bucs are a non factor? LOL

Its amazing to me how much some fans don't watch anything other than the Cowboys. LOL

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I understand we're committed to Dak. But, boy, it would have been nice to see what Brady could do with this offense.
Almost too perfect. Sigh.