Tom Brady's Deal

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He averaged 39 passes a game at NE with no WR to speak of and no TE, with the receivers he now has in Tampa, it wouldn't suprise me to see him throw the ball 4-6 times less a game and get way more production out the guys he has now. In Carson Palmers only full season at Arizona with Arians he threw the ball an average of 33 times a game, they went 13-3. I don't think Arians will have Brady throwing 39 times a game. I don't know when Brady will be done but i do know based on the receivers and TE's he had on the Pats last year i thought he did pretty good. He deserves another year if he still wants to play. It's not like they are signing him to a 5 year deal

Hyperbole alert

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I live in Tampa bay area...and let me tell you, it's gonna be weird not seeing those goofy fumbles and interceptions!

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Not me, I think Dak is going back to game manager mode after 8-8. Not to say it was entirely his fault but I strongly suspect a back to the basics approach will be taken as throwing the ball all over the stadium didn’t work against teams with a pulse.

Ok then why not throw it all over the stadium against teams that you can do that to, and back to basics with the teams you can’t? Game planning your opponent I think it’s called.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It would actually make a pretty good even odds bet between who will have a better season next year. I expect Brady to obviously reign in the turnovers at the position but I’m also fairly sure he probably doesn’t have 33 TDs and 5000 yards in his arm either. But Brady is a presence, he’s seen it all and with his experience you just expect to make the correct decision in those half dozen or so crucial plays every game.
agree with you, I think if he can avoid injurys, he will get tampa into the playoffs this 1st season.
I am going to assume the HC will use a offense that suits brady , not force him into some offense.
I dont know about their run game, but if they can come up with a good run game they could be a good team.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
now would I want tom or dak? That is tricky, short term tom is the better choice, long term
dak is.
If jones boys really wanted a SB now they should have bid for tom, who knows, he might
have chose tampa over dallas, or not wanted to play for jones .
Dak , has been inconsistent, and rattled easy under duress, and even in normal situations,
has made poor decisions.But at times has played great.

He should be better under MM, but it will cost 33 mil to find out.
Bottom line is Tampa got Tom, they rolled the dice, and it will be fun to see what happens
this season, like I said I think they make the playoffs.
If they do, it would be funny if tampa and dallas wound up playing in a playoff game.

jnday

Reaction score
I will give Brady credit, he is not greedy and he knows that the team will need salary cap room if they want to field a Super Bowl contender. I have never been a Brady fan, but I respect him.

jnday

Reaction score
I mean isn't that what happen when you're 42 or 43 throwing the football 30-40 times a game? In a Bruce Arians offense.......I can't see that changing.
Did Kurt Warner do it, or is my memory a little shaky?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If Brady plays both years on his contract he will get to face the Pats in 2021. Frankly I don't think he will do much in Tampa Bay.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will give Brady credit, he is not greedy and he knows that the team will need salary cap room if they want to field a Super Bowl contender. I have never been a Brady fan, but I respect him.
This is true, but it's also true that he is at an entirely different point in his career, in his life and in his financial situation than younger QBs. He likely had different ideas 15 years ago.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Besides Brady, Favre had a great year when he was 40 or older.
Haven't been many though

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Tampa is now a top 3-5 team in the NFC

As far as Brady and Dak---two entirely different situations.
Green Bay is better. Minnesota is better. Saints are better. Rams are better. Dallas is better. Eagles are better. Seahawks are better. Cardinals are better. You could easily argue for 3-4 other teams being better as well. Buccaneers are a non-factor.

kskboys

Reaction score
Green Bay is better. Minnesota is better. Saints are better. Rams are better. Dallas is better. Eagles are better. Seahawks are better. Cardinals are better. You could easily argue for 3-4 other teams being better as well. Buccaneers are a non-factor.
Yeah, top 3 for TB is really stretching it. I'm not sure they're top 10 in the NFC.