Tom Brady's Quick Passes

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Can't wait until football season, why did the football heaven's have to give us TB the first game again, WHO CARES!! LOL

One thing Tom likes to do is get the ball out quick, in last year's game he had a lot of success. I know there's a lot of coaches and players on here. How can we slow him down from making these quick passes. I think our defense for one must get their hands up, and when the ball is caught they MUST wrap up and make the tackle! No YAC, PLEASE GIVE your thoughts..

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why did they schedule us with TB...easy....RATINGS....

Conspiracy Theory thought:
They wanted him play us while his arm was fresh, and not later in the season when it is about to fall off from being a noodle.
That Mara & Goodell is a lethal combo.
:laugh:

As to his quick release, Micah knows more what to expect from this. Brady won't be so lucky this time.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Can't wait until football season, why did the football heaven's have to give us TB the first game again, WHO CARES!! LOL

One thing Tom likes to do is get the ball out quick, in last year's game he had a lot of success. I know there's a lot of coaches and players on here. How can we slow him down from making these quick passes. I think our defense for one must get their hands up, and when the ball is caught they MUST wrap up and make the tackle! No YAC, PLEASE GIVE your thoughts..

Pressure up the middle, directly in his face.

Pressure on the edges doesn’t work. He will just step up and throw the ball quickly.

The pocket has to be collapsed in the middle.

That’s why good DT’s are so important.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Have your CB's play outside technique and bring your safeties in closer. But that's only if there are no speed burners on the field.

If you have a fast middle LB you could set up in a shallow three over two formation, while playing cover two.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Pressure on the edges doesn’t work. He will just step up and throw the ball quickly.

Did you notice the formations in the preseason with DTs Gallimore & Hill at DE with Sam Williams and other DEs standing up in the middle of the line?
- The Mukuamu was one of those plays.
- Oddly, the pressure ended up coming from Gallimore & Hill.
- Gallimore looked like a poor man's Reggie White, a 300+ DE speed rushing around the OT.
- Hill was converging on the QB also.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They can activate practice squad player Mike Taufa. I counted 3 blocked passes by him in the preseason...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They wanted him play us while his arm was fresh, and not later in the season when it is about to fall off from being a noodle.

As to his quick release, Micah knows more what to expect from this. Brady won't be so lucky this time.

I remember Parsons covering Green Bay RB Aaron Jones last season.
- When Aaron Rodgers started his throwing motion Parsons was not even in the camera frame.
- However, by the time the ball arrived to Jones in the flat near the sideline, Parsons was breathing on his neck.
- Parsons speed would be absurd for a CB. For a 250 pound LB, it's just off the charts.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Did you notice the formations in the preseason with DTs Gallimore & Hill at DE with Sam Williams and other DEs standing up in the middle of the line?
- The Mukuamu was one of those plays.
- Oddly, the pressure ended up coming from Gallimore & Hill.
- Gallimore looked like a poor man's Reggie White, a 300+ DE speed rushing around the OT.
- Hill was converging on the QB also.

I did see that. I really like the different looks Quinn has been using. It’s a god send having him as our DC now.

phildadon86

Reaction score

My question is.

The schedule is supposed to be 100 percent random correct?

Denver vs Seattle
Watson playing Houston in his first game back from suspension....

It doesnt seem random at all. That kind of stuff doesnt happen randomly lol

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My question is.

The schedule is supposed to be 100 percent random correct?

Denver vs Seattle
Watson playing Houston in his first game back from suspension....

It doesnt seem random at all. That kind of stuff doesnt happen randomly lol

Cleveland and Carolina I believe are playing the first game also. But Mayfield was traded after the schedule I think.
It is not really random, they do these revenge games all the time if they can. So it seems.

Would not doubt they planned Watson's suspension for that game. I bet it was to be longer and there adjusted it, or heck, maybe even shorter, then adjusted it. :laugh:

Creeper

Reaction score
The Bucs have a banged up OL so we better see some pressure on Brady.

This will be an interesting test for Tyler Biadasz. He got bull dozed into Dak last year by Vita Vea. Unfortunately, I would love to see Tyler Smith go up against Vea to see how much of an improvement he is over Connor Williams but instead it will be McGovern.

At some point Brady has to start showing his age, no? He is a really smart QG, but the reflexes have to slow down, the legs get weaker and tired. Then come the injuries. I know he is a football god and you cannot touch him without getting flagged, but they need to hit him every time he drops back to pass.

stuckindc

Reaction score

Great point on getting the ball out quick. Great way to offset a young or inexperienced oline. Something we need to do. Dak has to be able to identify and burn them with the quick hitter, consistently to slow the rush. Short , quick passes Opens up the rest of the offense. Question is , can Moore scheme this up and have the offense ready to execute or will he run the same stale offense he always runs?! Tom and Tampa will do it to us. They won’t have TB sit deep in the pocket so we can bring the heat. He will burn us with quick hitters and put us back on our heals. Moore has to evolve with game plan, personnel ,etc. we’ll see.

fivetwos

Reaction score

It's a little weak that it's the same prime time week one matchup two years in a row.

Different day, different stayjum, but still...they could have done something different for fans in general.

I like Dallas to win the game. Both the team and crowd need to show up like it means something. They can certainly keep the 'can't beat quality opponents' narrative at bay with some early wins. Lets see.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I believe our overall speed on defense will help a lot in that area.

Cover those short and intermediate zones and hope that the front 4 can get home

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know that the receivers are strong, but why don't they utilize the five yards to disrupt their timing more often?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
One big thing I recall from last seasons matchup with Brady went after Anthony Brown. Brown I felt played much better after that game and do not expect to see him give up big plays as he did last season vs Brady

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a little weak that it's the same prime time week one matchup two years in a row.

Different day, different stayjum, but still...they could have done something different for fans in general.

I like Dallas to win the game. Both the team and crowd need to show up like it means something. They can certainly keep the 'can't beat quality opponents' narrative at bay with some early wins. Lets see.

I am wondering what type of crowd will show up. Did TB / TB12 fans buy a lot of tickets and will take over the stadium.
Did Dallas fans keep their tickets to go see what could be TB12's last season, and maybe his last game. :lmao: J/K.

Last I looked at ticket prices, a few months ago, at where I had my old seats, face value was $340, but since raised to $375, they were going from $900 to $2,000 per ticket. Good luck with that.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score

Agreed, and Quinn has been teaching the DTs to put up arm and bat the passes , that would be effective against Brady.