Tom Brady's Quick Passes

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Can't wait until football season, why did the football heaven's have to give us TB the first game again, WHO CARES!! LOL

One thing Tom likes to do is get the ball out quick, in last year's game he had a lot of success. I know there's a lot of coaches and players on here. How can we slow him down from making these quick passes. I think our defense for one must get their hands up, and when the ball is caught they MUST wrap up and make the tackle! No YAC, PLEASE GIVE your thoughts..
Brady is the master of the 3 step drop and toss, but you still bring the heat with this defense.
No doubt that we get burned a time or two, but keep bringing the pass rush and changing pre snap looks, you have to reduce his abilities, and then eventually you can get to him.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Like people have already said in this thread, Brady doesn’t do well with inside pressure. Without a push up the middle, Brady will just step up to avoid our ends and get rid of the ball.

The DT’s need to play a hell of a game.

Also, Micah Parsons is one of the best A Gap blitzers that I’ve ever had the pleasure to watch. Quinn needs to scheme up some inside pressure for Micah. He can get the DT’s to clear a lane to Brady for Parsons, and he’ll get there in a blink.

If they can get Tampa in some 3rd and longs, they can use the bear front where Sam Williams and Lawrence can play at DT, which will enable them to get to the QB very quickly if they can win with their get off.

It is definitely possible to rattle Brady… but it is difficult. Quinn is going to have to scheme his butt off.

It all starts with stopping the run. If they can do that, they’ll have a chance to unleash the pass rush.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Like people have already said in this thread, Brady doesn’t do well with inside pressure. Without a push up the middle, Brady will just step up to avoid our ends and get rid of the ball.

Also, Micah Parsons is one of the best A Gap blitzers that I’ve ever had the pleasure to watch. Quinn needs to scheme up some inside pressure for Micah. He can get the DT’s to clear a lane to Brady for Parsons, and he’ll get there in a blink.

If they can get Tampa in some 3rd and longs, they can use the bear front where Sam Williams and Lawrence can play at DT, which will enable them to get to the QB very quickly if they can win with their get off.

It is definitely possible to rattle Brady… but it is difficult. Quinn is going to have to scheme his butt off.

It all starts with stopping the run. If they can do that, they’ll have a chance to unleash the pass rush.

Key is secondary plays receivers tough and dont let them get by , because if there is anyone open Brady will find that guy and that wont bode well.

Praxit

Reaction score
Tackling in the open field is probably the most underrated skill in football. The Cowboys D being able to wrap up and tackle upon first contact is the difference between a good and great defense.
...I remember in HS. I played on the kickoff team and its serious stuff getting a tackle in open field. Lets just say, I was about 50/50. ..lol.. I definitely agree to this. If you can tackle in open field life is.........................so much easier.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Can't wait until football season, why did the football heaven's have to give us TB the first game again, WHO CARES!! LOL

One thing Tom likes to do is get the ball out quick, in last year's game he had a lot of success. I know there's a lot of coaches and players on here. How can we slow him down from making these quick passes. I think our defense for one must get their hands up, and when the ball is caught they MUST wrap up and make the tackle! No YAC, PLEASE GIVE your thoughts..
The issue is this. Can I stop us from Methodical dink dunk Smash Mouth football. We finally have playmakers on defense

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Meanwhile in Tampa....:lmao2:
302417171_5838528389527134_3466477391671512801_n.jpg

HGH is one helluva drug.

He also looks like he's taken a page from Aaron Rogers' offseason playbook.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree about hitting Brady early and often.

But I'm sure Cowboys secondary believe they can make him pay too.

Especially Diggs.
You can only make him pay by hitting him and severely limiting his time to throw. The secondary won't stop him w/o pressure. No secondary does.

kskboys

Reaction score
Good, tight coverage is the best way. Pushing the center into his lap is probably the next best thing.
Opposite. Pushing the C into his lap is the only way. Brady has stated himself that interior pressure is the hardest to deal w/.

darealvelle

Reaction score

I agree, I would have Micah line right behind a DT and just bull rush the Bucs guards. Those guards will not be able to handle Micah at all. Brady is too smart to have Micah line up as an end.