Twitter: Tom Pelissero: Prescott Could’ve Played This Week

817Gill

Reaction score
I figured someone was going to report this after Schefters comments
Kinda felt like it was Schefty’s personal opinion but since he’s such a respected insider people kind of accepted it as what’s happening. I try not to get too high or too low on these things but do like to get as many sources as possible before forming an opinion.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Remember Schefter works for ESPN, where the goals are getting clicks, views, and attention. It appears Pelissero is trying to report the facts; and we need more of this instead of the sensationalist garbage and half-truths spit out by the "network".

:espn:

Ozone22

Reaction score
#Cowboys QB Dak Prescott (shoulder) has had “absolutely no setbacks” in his rehab and remains on track to start the Sept. 9 opener against the #Bucs, per source. Prescott could’ve played tonight vs. Houston, but no point risking anything in preseason. He will throw pregame again.
Did I miss the game? IsTom Pelissero trolling Cowboys fans again?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
#Cowboys QB Dak Prescott (shoulder) has had “absolutely no setbacks” in his rehab and remains on track to start the Sept. 9 opener against the #Bucs, per source. Prescott could’ve played tonight vs. Houston, but no point risking anything in preseason. He will throw pregame again.
Did I miss the game? IsTom Pelissero trolling Cowboys fans again?

The actual truth is Dak would not have missed a game had this injury occurred during the regular season. The fact it happened on July 30 gave the Cowboys a full month-plus to allow it to heal before the games count. For some media members this is much too boring to report so they had to throw some BS into the equation.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He could play tonight, but he still can't fully practice in a controlled environment?

Don't let the lip service fool you, people. Actions speak louder than words.

817Gill

Reaction score
He could play tonight, but he still can't fully practice in a controlled environment?

Don't let the lip service fool you, people. Actions speak louder than words.
What this is meant to convey is his practice allotment and game availability is based on the coaching staff and FO’s ultra-delicate timeline for him.

The two things can both be true. Thus him being physically able to play has no relationship to his practice limits as both have been imposed by coaching/FO, not his body.

They’ve said since the beginning that if it had occurred in-season, he’d have been playing without question of him being sidelined. So it’s safe to assume that he still can play if needed, the caveat being he isn’t necessarily needed for a preseason game.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
But wait, I heard his arm was falling off if he attempted anything more than a soft lob and he will be dragging his surgically repaired foot behind him all season. :laugh:

Apparently its moved to his eldow in another thread......and his fastball is not going to be 90mph anymore he is going to need to get more offspeed pitches together......