Twitter: Tom Pelissero: Prescott Could’ve Played This Week

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Then why isn't he practicing?
He is saying he would play if it were a real game. Since tonight’s game is just a preseason game, they’re not risking it. Why should they when they know rest is the best thing for it? He won’t do much for the last preseason game either.

Then, when preparing for Tampa, he’ll be full go.

Remember, he’s still doing everything except using that arm. Still doing the running, still taking every mental rep.

I wouldn’t let him fully throw yet either.

Last edited:

Praxit

Reaction score
Remember Schefter works for ESPN, where the goals are getting clicks, views, and attention. It appears Pelissero is trying to report the facts; and we need more of this instead of the sensationalist garbage and half-truths spit out by the "network".

:espn:
Schefter salivates at his phone announcing ASAP crap. Ever seen him? I believe the more ASAP info more $$$$$.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
The actual truth is Dak would not have missed a game had this injury occurred during the regular season. The fact it happened on July 30 gave the Cowboys a full month-plus to allow it to heal before the games count. For some media members this is much too boring to report so they had to throw some BS into the equation.

Its also true that he will not have taken a live NFL snap in over 300 days come Sept 9th.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Insiders need to get their stuff straight lol. Full practices the last week or so before the opener should help, but we’ll probably see a bit of rust against TB though that’s not the end of the world.

I can’t find one sports page that does not report Prescott will start week one . Sadly only here on some of these pages here have him never playing again. And this is supposed to be a fan page

HungryLion

Reaction score
My feeling is if it was a "season ending" kind of injury it would have shown up on the MRI and the Cowboys would have scheduled season-ending surgery right then and there... And not dilly-dallied about with it for another month.

Nor would Dak be throwing.

The concern is and I brought this up weeks ago. Is if the injury lingers for weeks and weeks and weeks.

which is probably why the cowboys are being conservative with him now. To minimize the possibility of the injury lingering.

I mean. Has nobody around this board had a muscle strain before? It’s pretty common sense that they can take weeks to get back to 100% and can linger if you don’t rest, stretch, etc to recover. This ain’t rocket science.

JBS

Reaction score
People in here are legitimately questioning A. Schefter, Lolol. Some of y’all know no boundaries. I guess it’s too much to ask for for some of you people to understand that both reports can be true. That’s a level above what some of y’all are capable of though.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
The actual truth is Dak would not have missed a game had this injury occurred during the regular season. The fact it happened on July 30 gave the Cowboys a full month-plus to allow it to heal before the games count. For some media members this is much too boring to report so they had to throw some BS into the equation.
There's plenty of stuff for them to talk about. Plenty for them to talk about with Watson and Rogers.