Tomorrow will be a breath of fresh air

mattjames2010

Reaction score
And none of that happened in Alabama or his first couple years, then it didn't happen here.

Yeah, I'll go by what I see, not some snot-nosed, paste-eating PFF dork still trying to get his first date with a real girl.

> I'll go with what I see
> Even though I'll see it while he's a pro, I'll remember his college tape that is older

NFL is different - his inconsistent hands means he loses focus, and unsurprisingly, he was at his worst when everything around him wasn't going well. Which I'm gonna assume it's lack of effort. Seems like a quitter.

And Cooper dropping balls has nothing to do with Oakland and everything to do with himself.

And Oakland got rid of Mack not just due to the contract, but because he completely cut off the team near the end and wouldn't respond to the owner nor Gruden. What the heck do you expect?

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Amari Cooper played in 11 games for us last year and didn't show any signs of dropping balls, loosing concentration or lack of effort. I just dont know where you get this stuff from!

Last edited:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Amari Cooper played in 11 games for us last year and didn't show any signs of dropping balls, loosing concentration or lack of effort. I just dont know where you get this stuff from! He's no quitter, but maybe you're a quitter fan.

He played in 11 games....11.

he has 3 previous seasons beforeheand and 2 of those seasons he was ranked as having some of the worst hands in the past couple decades - you know, being compared to dudes like Greg Little and Braylon Edwards. Not exactly good company.

And I will repeat: He played poorly when the rest of the team around him wasn't doing well, which throws up a red flag. When you need everything around you working to play up to your potential, your stock drops.

The fact that he disappeared for a stretch with us and was part of a shutout also tells me he wasn't exactly the answer to our offensive woes either.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@mattjames I disagree with you but shouldn't have made the disparaging remark at the end. Sorry.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
> Even though I'll see it while he's a pro, I'll remember his college tape that is older

NFL is different - his inconsistent hands means he loses focus, and unsurprisingly, he was at his worst when everything around him wasn't going well. Which I'm gonna assume it's lack of effort. Seems like a quitter.

And Cooper dropping balls has nothing to do with Oakland and everything to do with himself.

And Oakland got rid of Mack not just due to the contract, but because he completely cut off the team near the end and wouldn't respond to the owner nor Gruden. What the heck do you expect?
I liked the trade.

But you're not wrong, I did see the lost focus and body language I didn't like when things weren't going his way..

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Cooper hasn't even played a full season for us yet, let's cool it that he's "better than anything we could have drafted in the first round".
Yet he amassed more yards and TDs with less games than many others. Amari is only 24 and worth it.

Reactions: CWR

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Cool then be sure to remember this

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Coopers-Drop-Rate-Ranks-Among-NFLs-Worst-479158283.html

Wrote Scott Barrett of PFF: “Cooper led the league in drops (18) and drop rate (20.0 percent) in his rookie season (2015), but then seemed to get past the issue in 2016, dropping only four passes. In 2017, Cooper again led the league in drop rate (17.2 percent). Not only are these numbers bad, but they’re historically bad. Since 2007, there have only been three players to see at least 100 targets and post a drop rate of 17 percent or worse: Braylon Edwards (2007 and 2008), Greg Little (2011) and Cooper (2015 and 2017).”
Living in the past won’t get ya jack s***! None of that transpired when he was traded to us. Lol

Reactions: CWR

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yet he amassed more yards and TDs with less games than many others. Amari is only 24 and worth it.

He "amassed" nearly 500 yards and 5 TDs in 2 games. Can you point out to me what he did in the other regular season games?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Living in the past won’t get ya jack s***! None of that transpired when he was traded to us. Lol

The "past" shows a pattern - again, when the chips are down, he plays like crap and disappears and he DID THAT WITH US.

Was he part of the shutout against the Colts? Yes. How did he play against the Saints? What his average catches and yards per catch down the stretch?

He had 4 games with us below 40 yards, and 4 games where had less than 10 yards a catch. His 180 and 200 yard game completely inflates his stats. He was not dominant - he had a couple of great games and a good catch against Seattle but disappeared as much as he did in Oakland during his "good" seasons.

erod

Reaction score

Learn football. You've got s a long way to go.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The "past" shows a pattern - again, when the chips are down, he plays like crap and disappears and he DID THAT WITH US.

Was he part of the shutout against the Colts? Yes. How did he play against the Saints? What his average catches and yards per catch down the stretch?

He had 4 games with us below 40 yards, and 4 games where had less than 10 yards a catch. His 180 and 200 yard game completely inflates his stats. He was not dominant - he had a couple of great games and a good catch against Seattle but disappeared as much as he did in Oakland during his "good" seasons.

When the chips are down he disappears.

Yet in two of the most important games once he arrived. Against the Skins and Eagles when we needed wins to win the division. He was arguably the MVP both games.

You’re nitpicking, just to nitpick. Most receivers have up and down games. It’s especially going to happen when he plays on a run first offense. Omg he didn’t play well against the colts when the entire team stunk. Yet that’s an argument against him? Again just nitpicky nonsense.

Only a blind man can’t see the impact he has on our offense and the opposing defenses, in how they have to gameplan against us. Even in the games he doesn’t need have a lot of catches.

Cooper is a really good receiver. A legit
Pro bowl talent and #1 receiver.

The cowboys did well in trading for him.

The nitpicky negativity and pointing out little perceived flaws while ignoring all the positives he brings is just silly. Of course he isn’t perfect. Few players are.

Last edited:

GMO415

Reaction score
Whatever.... announce the Aggies TE and let's celebrate

jay94

Reaction score
So here we are. Meh.
Yes, the Amari Cooper was clearly worth this. True, he's far better than any receiver projects to be in this draft. No, it's unlikely any player could have been had late in the first round that could have impacted the team like Amari. Said it then, and saying it now. I get it.

Pass the whiskey.

Everyone wants to hoopla about how great the Cooper trade was, but fails to discuss how much of a failure on our staffs part was evaluating our receiving core talent. If we would of gave a first in week one I would of been like fist pump victory, but that wasn't the case. Our season was in desperation and Cooper had to come to salvage the season, Dak with the best oline, best running back (Cowboys fan talk, not mine) couldn't do it, so we needed more help.

lockster

Reaction score
I think this speaks to coaching and leadership problems just as much. Sex wouldn't get away with behavior in New England like he did here,to or Beasley, Williams, etc.

jay94

Reaction score
I honestly thought the draft was next week...:amazing what not having a 1st round pick does to my draft interest....yet still happy to have cooper and excited for friday

The fact our fanbase takes Cooper as if he was a victory we had him for half the season while sacrificing our next years draft capital, to much of our fanbase only see's the pluses from this, but not the negatives from our staff evaluating our prior talent, which has always been an issue, will Terrance Williams even play for a team week 1 2019?

Jipper

Reaction score
The fact our fanbase takes Cooper as if he was a victory we had him for half the season while sacrificing our next years draft capital, to much of our fanbase only see's the pluses from this, but not the negatives from our staff evaluating our prior talent, which has always been an issue, will Terrance Williams even play for a team week 1 2019?

not sure where you are going with this one...our team has been one of the best at evaluating talent esp in mid rounds in the draft lately...cooper was better than anything at 27 and that's a fact...