Tomorrow will be a breath of fresh air

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Draft drinking game...every round they mention...can Dallas be trading up, or when they pick, a trade down...take a shot.....:laugh:

Or better yet, every time it is mentioned in the draft thread on here.
Some will mention it on purpose just to take a shot anyway. :muttley:

Dilly Dilly

CWR

Reaction score
Again, he has literally played 11 games for us, and he wasn't exactly what I'd call consistent either. And he has shown to have bad hands in the past, being inconsistent and disappearing in games and he did with us, so yes cool it.

We gave up a first round pick out of desperation mid-season - and until I see him putting together consecutively good seasons with us - we don't know if he's "better than anything we could have drafted in the first round" - the draft hasn't happened yet, those players have yet to enter the NFL and proven to the world what they are.

Cool it.

Cooper is off the chain bro. He came in and made an instant impact. The guy changed our entire season. Maybe you should start warming up to the young stud. ;)

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
So here we are. Meh.

Tomorrow will bring a much-needed breath of fresh air for us all. Finally, this inevitable night is nigh upon us.

Yes, the Amari Cooper was clearly worth this. True, he's far better than any receiver projects to be in this draft. No, it's unlikely any player could have been had late in the first round that could have impacted the team like Amari. Said it then, and saying it now. I get it.

But, dang it. Crap. Son of a biscuit eater. I wanted to draft somebody tonight!

Once the adrenaline and endorphins subside, tonight washes away quickly whether you have a pick or not. Tomorrow, there'll be new energy for two picks that will be there to be had. Glory be.

Most of what gets drafted tonight will be Marcus Spears or Sammy Watkins. A bunch of big names with high hopes that turn out to be worse than Patrick Crayton or Miles Austin, neither of which were even mentioned for 5+ rounds in their day. Draft picks bust like grapes or woefully disappoint based on hype.

So I'll be there, front and center, taking in the drama. But it'll be tough to sit still.

Pass the whiskey.

I know one thing, the cowboys better make it worth my while after sitting thru an empty 1st round.

CWR

Reaction score
The fact our fanbase takes Cooper as if he was a victory we had him for half the season while sacrificing our next years draft capital, to much of our fanbase only see's the pluses from this, but not the negatives from our staff evaluating our prior talent, which has always been an issue, will Terrance Williams even play for a team week 1 2019?

I think they knew where we stood at WR and tried to address it earlier but didn't want to over pay for Watkins or anyone else for that matter. They were imo aware that a rebuild was in order but those take time.

Now here we are one offseason later with Coop, Gallup, Cobb, Austin ect. Im actually pretty damn impressed with how quickly we turned an absolute disaster of a unit into a strength.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Looks like we could have rebuilt our DL with a couple picks last night. 11 DL went in 1st round. Makes me wonder if we could have traded anyone we aren’t planning on signing for a 1st round pick? This is an area we haven’t figured out yet.

And teams like Raiders and Giants with 3 picks definitely took a leap into rebuilding their rosters.

NY and Wash both took their new franchise QB which both look to be potentially greater prolific passers than ours which could be our competition for years.

And Wash beefed up their DL with a potential elite rusher. Id say our divisional rivals definitely upgraded their rosters last night.

We need to make our move quickly to next level before our divisional rivals catch up and pass us by.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Cooper hasn't even played a full season for us yet, let's cool it that he's "better than anything we could have drafted in the first round".
He's already proven himself as a playmaker. Not sure what else you need to know as long as he stays healthy and keeps the right mindset. In other words, becomes a crybaby about not getting enough touches. jmho

jnday

Reaction score
So here we are. Meh.

Tomorrow will bring a much-needed breath of fresh air for us all. Finally, this inevitable night is nigh upon us.

Yes, the Amari Cooper was clearly worth this. True, he's far better than any receiver projects to be in this draft. No, it's unlikely any player could have been had late in the first round that could have impacted the team like Amari. Said it then, and saying it now. I get it.

But, dang it. Crap. Son of a biscuit eater. I wanted to draft somebody tonight!

Once the adrenaline and endorphins subside, tonight washes away quickly whether you have a pick or not. Tomorrow, there'll be new energy for two picks that will be there to be had. Glory be.

Most of what gets drafted tonight will be Marcus Spears or Sammy Watkins. A bunch of big names with high hopes that turn out to be worse than Patrick Crayton or Miles Austin, neither of which were even mentioned for 5+ rounds in their day. Draft picks bust like grapes or woefully disappoint based on hype.

So I'll be there, front and center, taking in the drama. But it'll be tough to sit still.

Pass the whiskey.
I was hoping that you had the inside scoop on a Dallas trade-up to draft Lock. Now that would be a breath of fresh air.