Colombo for a 5th
MartyB for a 2nd

Trade #27, #59, and a 2011 3rd for #15
#15-Anthony Davis-G/T-Rutgers

2nd- Golden Tate- WR/PR- ND- Just a pain to tackle

*Trade 3rd and 4th for 2nd....*
Brandon Spikes- ILB - Fla-
Stocks dropping, not a combine riser

4th- Devin Mccourty- CB/ST- Rutgers- Good KR, Great ST player, Enables Ball to move to FS

5th- Matt Tenant- C- BC
No way they dont get a C somewhere

Trade 6th and 7th for 5th
5th- Awasu-Okoni-Asunu- CB/S- IUP
Good HWS, versatilty, ST ability. Raw.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3261598 said:
Deal w/ it

Crayton and Carpenter to Mia for a 4th
Colombo for a 5th
MartyB for a 2nd

4th- Devin Mccourty- CB/ST- Rutgers- Good KR, Great ST player, Enables Ball to move to FS

5th- Matt Tenant- C- BC

Honestly, I'd be alright with that. But it doesn't solve the problem we have @ safety or kicker and I'm not so sure that AOA will be available in the 5th. Other than that, not bad.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
*sigh*

just dealing with it.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3261759 said:
where will Tate be taken in the 2nd ? if he's at our original slot no way he drops that far.

I traded our original for Davis. Tate wont go past #40.

The Crayton/Carp trade makes the most sense. Mia needs a big reliable target w/ sure hands. If a WR they like falls to them early on Id hope they try that for realsies.

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3262607 said:
I traded our original for Davis. Tate wont go past #40.

The Crayton/Carp trade makes the most sense. Mia needs a big reliable target w/ sure hands. If a WR they like falls to them early on Id hope they try that for realsies.

i know, but at what slot do you have us picking tate ?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3262700 said:
i know, but at what slot do you have us picking tate ?

If hes there at #41 the Bills could use a TE, and Tate is too similar to Lee Evans. Thats getting crazy value for MartyB though. So in fairness to my mock throw something else in, future pick probably.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
We likely won't trade anyone who was a contibutor last year, why? Because this coaching staff doesn't rely on rookies too much (overall good stategy imo). So I can say with as much certainty as someone who has no inside info can say, none of those trades will happen.

However I can see the following guys being dealt

Marion Barber- highly unlikely, returns would be minimal imo
Sam Hurd- maybe a 6th or 7th, but again I doubt it
Pat McQuistan- Possibly to Miami, any where else is doubtful imo
Corey Proctor/Duke Preston- I can see some team trading for who ever doesn't make it out of training camp, but this would be after the draft.
Jason Hatcher- With Bowen cemented as the 3rd DE and Marcus Dixon on the practice squad, I can see him being traded for a 5th rounder.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;3262716 said:
We likely won't trade anyone who was a contibutor last year, why? Because this coaching staff doesn't rely on rookies too much (overall good stategy imo). So I can say with as much certainty as someone who has no inside info can say, none of those trades will happen.

However I can see the following guys being dealt

Marion Barber- highly unlikely, returns would be minimal imo
Sam Hurd- maybe a 6th or 7th, but again I doubt it
Pat McQuistan- Possibly to Miami, any where else is doubtful imo
Corey Proctor/Duke Preston- I can see some team trading for who ever doesn't make it out of training camp, but this would be after the draft.
Jason Hatcher- With Bowen cemented as the 3rd DE and Marcus Dixon on the practice squad, I can see him being traded for a 5th rounder.

I'm not ready to give up on Hatcher, he still flashes in the pan...

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;3262932 said:
I'm not ready to give up on Hatcher, he still flashes in the pan...

I doubt we keep him and Bowen and up until now, I've been a big fan of Hatcher, still am, but Bowen is better. May as well get something for him before he hits UFA in 2011 (assuming there's a cap and the rules go back to the previous format).

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;3263087 said:
I doubt we keep him and Bowen and up until now, I've been a big fan of Hatcher, still am, but Bowen is better. May as well get something for him before he hits UFA in 2011 (assuming there's a cap and the rules go back to the previous format).

Not saying we won't deal him but it makes little sense to me to give up a solid commodity that won't break the bank to keep around. Furthermore Spears might not be back from the vibes I'm picking up...

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;3264859 said:
Not saying we won't deal him but it makes little sense to me to give up a solid commodity that won't break the bank to keep around. Furthermore Spears might not be back from the vibes I'm picking up...

I predict all 3 will be on the roster this season, but if a team wanted Hatcher, I'd trade him

Number82

No Helmet; No Problem
Reaction score
Deal w/ it

Colombo for a 5th
MartyB for a 2nd

5th- Matt Tenant- C- BC

First, I doubt we draft two players out of Rutgers. Your New Jersey bias is showing. I'm from Jersey too, but I'm not a fan so maybe my anti-Rutgers bias is showing.

Second, Devin McCourty is rated as high as the 5th best CB in the draft on some boards. He is projected 2nd-3rd round. Possibly late first if a team reaches. I doubt we get him in the 4th, but I would love it is that happened. He's a great athlete and he's really smart and not a head case. Well, atleast in high school. he was like that ... we went to the same school. He was a year younger.

Reaction score
Deal w/ it

Colombo for a 5th
MartyB for a 2nd

5th- Matt Tenant- C- BC

Trade carpenter, crayton,and MBIII for a first round to get davis. with 27 u can get tate or Dan williams Dt tennesse.
then u get Nate allen with second
3rd is Micah Johnson ISLB
trade hamlin for 3rd and get javier Arenas
4th Dezmon Briscoe WR UK
5th Myron Rolle SS
6th Blount RB
7th Liegh Tiffin:)

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Number82;3265003 said:
First, I doubt we draft two players out of Rutgers. Your New Jersey bias is showing. I'm from Jersey too, but I'm not a fan so maybe my anti-Rutgers bias is showing.

Second, Devin McCourty is rated as high as the 5th best CB in the draft on some boards. He is projected 2nd-3rd round. Possibly late first if a team reaches. I doubt we get him in the 4th, but I would love it is that happened. He's a great athlete and he's really smart and not a head case. Well, atleast in high school. he was like that ... we went to the same school. He was a year younger.

I know, his stocks going nuts. Id take him rd. 2 no problem.

I doubt I get any picks right, Im just farting around. I do try and keep the trades realistic though.
hint hint

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3265783 said:
I do try and keep the trades realistic though.
hint hint

Chuckle... I think you know I was just goofing on you, but really, when was the last time you saw ANY team trade FOUR of its regulars in one offseason??

Crayton, Colombo, Carpenter and Bennett, all traded for draft picks?? Yeah, that'll happen... :D