Tony lost 2.5 million

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2063443 said:
He's a she...former name Romowood.

Losing 2.5mil would be so out of character based on what we know about Romo.
really? all the guy does is party when he's not playing football.

Nav22

Reaction score
http://********.com/385121/tony-romo-gambles-like-hes-still-in-charleston-ill

Want to know the perils of being a "superstar" Dallas Cowboys quarterback who tends to have some trouble getting his team out of the first round of playoffs? If you start dating a featherbrained "pop star," you might end up in Robin Leach's blog — Robin Leach's blog! — with stories about losing $2.5 million in Vegas.

Yes, according to Robin Leach — who's yelling and he DOESN'T KNOW WHY — Tony Romo dropped a considerable bundle in Vegas and upset poor little Jessica Simpson. An excerpt:

"It began when Jessica, Tony and the players all hit the Peacock Lounge for high limit blackjack. Jessica was said to have won $5,000 and then they retired to their penthouse while the others went onto the Body English nightclub. The couple even spent some time tanning in the sunshine rays at the new $8 million makeover pool at the Hard Rock while watching the NFL draft on their private cabana HD TV screens. At some point, however, allegedly Tony, who was rumored to be paid a $15,000 appearance fee at Body English took the money and went gambling. My spywitnesses tell me that by the time he was finished he'd lost a fortune and I swear to you I was told that the figure could have run as high as a whopping $2.5 million. Whatever the staggering loss totaled it immediately put a damper on their fun weekend. I'm reliably told Hard Rock officials offered to pay Jessica a bonus $25,000 if she'd co-host at Body English the second night with Tony.

Allegedly a livid Jessica refused because she's paid far more for personal appearances and the fun weekend had suddenly turned into a commercial gig. Also she was said to be "angry beyond words" over his gambling and the large loss. Insiders told me that one thing led to another and they wound up in a "furious fight."

It's worth noting that Romo just signed a new deal last year, and hey, good thing! Otherwise, Simpson's gonna have to start charging even more for personal appearances.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
Nav22;2063920 said:
http://********.com/385121/tony-romo-gambles-like-hes-still-in-charleston-ill

Want to know the perils of being a "superstar" Dallas Cowboys quarterback who tends to have some trouble getting his team out of the first round of playoffs? If you start dating a featherbrained "pop star," you might end up in Robin Leach's blog — Robin Leach's blog! — with stories about losing $2.5 million in Vegas.

Yes, according to Robin Leach — who's yelling and he DOESN'T KNOW WHY — Tony Romo dropped a considerable bundle in Vegas and upset poor little Jessica Simpson. An excerpt:

"It began when Jessica, Tony and the players all hit the Peacock Lounge for high limit blackjack. Jessica was said to have won $5,000 and then they retired to their penthouse while the others went onto the Body English nightclub. The couple even spent some time tanning in the sunshine rays at the new $8 million makeover pool at the Hard Rock while watching the NFL draft on their private cabana HD TV screens. At some point, however, allegedly Tony, who was rumored to be paid a $15,000 appearance fee at Body English took the money and went gambling. My spywitnesses tell me that by the time he was finished he'd lost a fortune and I swear to you I was told that the figure could have run as high as a whopping $2.5 million. Whatever the staggering loss totaled it immediately put a damper on their fun weekend. I'm reliably told Hard Rock officials offered to pay Jessica a bonus $25,000 if she'd co-host at Body English the second night with Tony.

Allegedly a livid Jessica refused because she's paid far more for personal appearances and the fun weekend had suddenly turned into a commercial gig. Also she was said to be "angry beyond words" over his gambling and the large loss. Insiders told me that one thing led to another and they wound up in a "furious fight."

It's worth noting that Romo just signed a new deal last year, and hey, good thing! Otherwise, Simpson's gonna have to start charging even more for personal appearances.

This story just oozes credibility to the point whare you can just envisage Robin Bloodsucker and his minions stalking Romo (or any other celebrity) to get something, anything for a headline. This is jounalism at it's absolute worst.

btcutter

Reaction score
I hope this isn't true. Romo is becoming too distracted by his new found fame and GF.

Of the drafts, trades and off season moves....this concerns me the most. This team will not get far without a committed Romo.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
btcutter;2063928 said:
I hope this isn't true. Romo is becoming too distracted by his new found fame and GF.

Of the drafts, trades and off season moves....this concerns me the most. This team will not get far without a committed Romo.

I agree. Yeah, this could be absolute BS, but we sure are hearing of Romo being out in the club-type scene more than ever before. Granted, too, he's more famous now and thus attracting more attention.

Still, he's a football player first and foremost. He's going to have a tough time keeping the fans on his side if this keeps up and we don't get past the first round again next year.

Win, and everything's fine with the fans. Another early playoff exit and the relationship will get ugly fast.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
QB9fan;2063860 said:
So, if you don't believe me. Google it. It's on the internet . Just because I was a Carrie Underwood fan, I can't post anything about Tony???? I read it on Topiz- it has the link there. Geesh.
1) You should post links. Saying "I heard" on most topics will get you some backlash on this forum. Fortunately, others have provided the articles and their associated links to confirm your OP.

2) Call me sensitive, but I wish you'd post more than just topics about Romo's love life. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the team or even about some of the random topics in the OT zone. Posting only about Romo's love life seems stalkerish.

Nav22

Reaction score
Personally, I don't see what the big deal is. It's his money. As long as he's not betting illegally or on NFL games, it's a non-issue.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Nav22;2063939 said:
Personally, I don't see what the big deal is. It's his money. As long as he's not betting illegally or on NFL games, it's a non-issue.

IF any of this is true, I don't care for the slippery slope he's headed on.

This is our quarterback (or "my quarterback," sniff sniff). I'd like for him to show a tad bit better decision making than throwing down $2.5 million on a bet.

Again, none of this may be true. But if it is, I don't think it's a good sign for a guy who takes trips to Cabo come playoff time, brings his starlets to the games, yet can't win a playoff game to date.

He's only making his seat that much hotter for next January. Personally, I'd rather he not bring such added pressure onto himself. Why should I care, after all it's his life, you might ask? Because this is the football team I root for, so I'll always want its best interest at heart. Not sure it is in all this prima-donna stuff he's (reportedly) showing.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Rampage;2063873 said:
really? all the guy does is party when he's not playing football.

that explains all the golfing he does as well, doesn't it?

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
iceberg;2063945 said:

He probably kicks back a few while on the course.

I keed, I keed.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg;2063945 said:
I haven't seen much of him golfing but ive seen a lot of crap on him partying all the time.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
RainMan;2063946 said:
He probably kicks back a few while on the course.

I keed, I keed.

wouldn't you? the game is boring to watch but the scenery is amazing

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
the kid 05;2063975 said:
wouldn't you? the game is boring to watch but the scenery is amazing

But people have been saying Tony looks to be gaining weight. We don't want him drinking his way into Roy Williams.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Some of you guys are darn lucky there was no Zone back in the White House days, you'd all be in the nut house.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Big Dakota;2064054 said:
Some of you guys are darn lucky there was no Zone back in the White House days, you'd all be in the nut house.

Yes. Yes, we would.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rampage;2063949 said:
I haven't seen much of him golfing but ive seen a lot of crap on him partying all the time.
Then you haven't been keeping up. I've read just as many articles about him in golf tournaments as I have about him and Jess hanging out. She's usually with him at the tournaments, too.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2064103 said:
Then you haven't been keeping up. I've read just as many articles about him in golf tournaments as I have about him and Jess hanging out. She's usually with him at the tournaments, too.

I hear he goes to the golf course every day, gets drunk, gambles on every hole and nails Jessica after every birdie.