Tony Pauline: Jets Want La’el + Pick for Adams

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
On offense we have dak, zeke, cooper, gallup, cee dee, jarwin, smith, williams, zack, and can't forget pollard. Love Collins, but he's replaceable. On defense we have tank, teo free agent tackles, a dubious lve, jaylon who regressed last year and an unproven backfield. Ergo, imo, adams helps the team more.
Skill players can't do their business when the OL is in utter disarray.
You've seen Dak and Zeke when OL-men go down. It's not pretty.

The OL is central to the O, no matter the skill players.

Corso

Reaction score
On offense we have dak, zeke, cooper, gallup, cee dee, jarwin, smith, williams, zack, and can't forget pollard. Love Collins, but he's replaceable. On defense we have tank, two free agent tackles, a dubious lve, jaylon who regressed last year and an unproven backfield. Ergo, imo, adams helps the team more.
You're also neglecting the extra 10 milly that gets accelerated to the cap for La'el being traded because of his signing bonus.

Oh... details, details. The devil is in the details.

cern

Reaction score
Robbing Peter to pay Paul is not the way to do business. Especially when there are extenuating circumstances.
How many times over the past few years have we given up a first down when it was 3rd and long against us. Usually with passes over the middle. Too many to count.

Corso

Reaction score
How many times over the past few years have we given up a first down when it was 3rd and long against us. Usually with passes over the middle. Too many to count.
How many sacks are potentially going to happen because the OL is now garbage after the typical Tyron injury and it's 3rd and long, late in the season?

cern

Reaction score
You're also neglecting the extra 10 milly that gets accelerated to the cap for La'el being traded because of his signing bonus.

Oh... details, details. The devil is in the details.
That can be negotiated in the trade language.

cern

Reaction score
How many sacks are potentially going to happen because the OL is now garbage after the typical Tyron injury and it's 3rd and long, late in the season?
With an offense predicated on quick releases like pats, the risk is seriously neutralized. And who's to say knight or mcgovern might not become stalwarts at the position.

Corso

Reaction score
With an offense predicated on quick releases like pats, the risk is seriously neutralized. And who's to say knight or mcgovern might not become stalwarts at the position.
The mere fact they're considering a trade at all suggests they're not intractable.
Good luck with that fantasy-land.
Jets are not being friendly trade partners.

And good luck with that quick release stuff! I'm praying. I guess the OL will completely figure itself out.

cern

Reaction score
Good luck with that fantasy-land.
Jets are not being friendly trade partners.

And good luck with that quick release stuff! I'm praying. I guess the OL will completely figure itself out.
No, the coaches will. I can't say if a deal can be worked out or not. Only that if the terms could be favorable, I'd do the deal.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Not to the jets. We've seen his best. Collins, on the other hand has an upside.
Again..

Tyron is a liability when his back goes out. So why would another team trade an all Pro earlier in his career for one late in his career who has not played a full season in like 5 years now.

Frankly we do need to fix that but becuz his contract is on its downside..they will not do anything until they have to.

Corso

Reaction score
No, the coaches will. I can't say if a deal can be worked out or not. Only that if the terms could be favorable, I'd do the deal.
Not trying to be just someone arguing with you.
I happen to disagree.
I respect you as a poster. You're an enjoyable guy and I thank you for it.

I guess we'll agree to disagree since I don't find pursuing this to be an endeavor I wish to continue.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not trying to be just someone arguing with you.
I happen to disagree.
I respect you as a poster. You're an enjoyable guy and I thank you for it.

I guess we'll agree to disagree since I don't find pursuing this to be an endeavor I wish to pursue any further.

You’re getting like me!
:laugh:

cern

Reaction score
Again..

Tyron is a liability when his back goes out. So why would another team trade an all Pro earlier in his career for one late in his career who has not played a full season in like 5 years now.

Frankly we do need to fix that but becuz his contract is on its downside..they will not do anything until they have to.
Smith is irrelevant to the topic at hand. Jets covet collins as would any team with a brain.