Tony Pollard needs to be utilized as a receiver more

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
The coaching staff needs to utilize Tony Pollard as a receiver more so he and Zeke can be on the field at the same time and keep defenses guessing whether it’s a run or pass play.

In addition they need to utilize the 2 TE set and run traditional power & zone plays for the RB duo not out of the Shotgun.

phildadon86

Reaction score
The coaching staff needs to utilize Tony Pollard as a receiver more so he and Zeke can be on the field at the same time and keep defenses guessing whether it’s a run or pass play.

In addition they need to utilize the 2 TE set and run traditional power & zone plays for the RB duo not out of the Shotgun.

Pigs are flying.

WE AGREE!

Mr_437

Reaction score
I would like to see Pollard run the underneath crossing routes. So many thing KM could do with thus player, but he doesn't.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
@America's Cowboy @CowboyRoy @PAPPYDOG

How many rushing TDs needed in the first playoff game to win?
Good question.

If the Cowboys can get at least 3 rushing TDs (21 points), that would fare well for the Offense in time of possession, keep our Defense off the field while rested and fresh, plus it would tire out any playoff opponent's Defense while keeping their Offense off the field. I say at least 3 rushing TDs and a couple of passing TDs would be great for a win.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Good question.

If the Cowboys can get at least 3 rushing TDs (21 points), that would fare well for the Offense in time of possession, keep our Defense off the field while rested and fresh, plus it would tire out any playoff opponent's Defense while keeping their Offense off the field. I say at least 3 rushing TDs and a couple of passing TDs would be great for a win.

If Zeke & Pollard each scores a TD a game I believe this team will then have around 70% chance to win that game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

He’s been used a lot as a runner this season having 56 more carries than he’s ever had. He’s also tied his career high with 39 catches. The way we’re using him as a runner and receiver has worked.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
He’s been used a lot as a runner this season having 56 more carries than he’s ever had. He’s also tied his career high with 39 catches. The way we’re using him as a runner and receiver has worked.

The issue is he needs to do it more consistently in each quarter instead of sending all the receivers to the same spot.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I been saying this for the last 2 seasons now.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
It sure seems they've used him more in the passing game this year than ever before. This team always seems to use a guy in his contract year. He's getting paid in the offseason. I hope the Cowboys tag him and either let Zeke go or renegotiate a much cheaper contract.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

We've definitely seen him get more catches the last few games he played. 4, 4, 6 which is the most catches he's had in any 3 game stretch this season. When Pollard catches 6+ passes the Cowboys are undefeated. Small sample size, but maybe I'm onto something?

My biggest problem is the lack of screens thrown to Pollard. We throw a lot of screens to TEs instead, which probably isn't as explosive of a play. Just get Pollard some plays in the open field and great things can happen.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
We've definitely seen him get more catches the last few games he played. 4, 4, 6 which is the most catches he's had in any 3 game stretch this season. When Pollard catches 6+ passes the Cowboys are undefeated. Small sample size, but maybe I'm onto something?

My biggest problem is the lack of screens thrown to Pollard. We throw a lot of screens to TEs instead, which probably isn't as explosive of a play. Just get Pollard some plays in the open field and great things can happen.

Ferguson has been good in the screen game so we need to feed him some receptions there and add Pollard. Also the TEs need get more targets out of play action so when they are in for run blocking defense can’t key in every time.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The issue is he needs to do it more consistently in each quarter instead of sending all the receivers to the same spot.

The way were using Pollard has worked. He’s had the most touches he’s ever had in a season and made the Pro Bowl for the first time. We don’t send all the receivers to the same spot try watching the games. The addition of TY Hilton has also helped us at receiver.