Twitter: Tony Pollard vs Saquon Barkely Comparison (since 2019)

DFWJC

Reaction score
If youthink the 4th overall pick is an insane amount of draft capiltal to use for a RB….what about the 2nd overall!
You could get as many as 3 1stround picks for the 2nd overall.
:lmao2:

The Barkley pick has been disastrous so far.
They’ve gotten nothing from his rookie deal….and he’s a RB.

Passed on Josh Allen
:omg:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I saw this on Facebook. Just means Barkley has been hurt a bunch and that Pollard hasn't had many carries. That said, I'd rather have Pollard right now. Can't play if you are on the sidelines injured most of your career.

Backs who are hurt don't last long in the league.

vlad

Reaction score
Ppl are obsessed with Zeke, its quite fascinating.

I would not be surprised in the least that even though Zeke was hurt last year that Stephen called down from his daddy's phone to order the team to not play Pollard more just on the chance alone it makes him look like an idiot for signing him to that contract. Which would also show how much they care for Zeke's health.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The Saquon Barkley pick by the Giants was as bad as the Zeke pick by the Cowboys. I said it then and it is still true. RBs are just not worth spending a top20 pick anymore. I would say even a 1st round pick is throwing too much value at the position. I would rather use the pick on an offensive lineman which helps the running game and passing game.

Most teams do not have elite RBs.

it’s easy to say that if your team has a scrub RB.

plymkr

Reaction score
Yeah, we get it, but no one would have picked Pollard over Barkley in the same draft. Can't predict injuries.
Come on!!
It's a gamble. You can't predict injuries or production. Blair Thomas was picked before Emmitt Smith and 4 years later Blair was Emmitt's backup.

Barkley reminds me of Barry Sanders, he'll break a big run but his running style can also kill drives with negative plays. That knee injury messed with him and it took some of the Barry Sanders type moves out of him. Unfortunate he got hurt. Very fortunate for us they picked Barkley and not Allen with the #2 pick. Giants would have owned the division the last couple years and about 7 more years.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

Crap like this is so dumb. It's agenda stat searching and it's stupid. It's what this generation loves to do. Who cares, Barkley has dealt this injuries since his 2nd season. It's so stupid.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Pollard is the big travesty over the last 3 years. And I suspect he will be another casualty this year as they continue to feature the wrong RB. Pollard simply blows Zeke away in his ability to run the ball, catch passes, and make plays.

Zeke was pass blocking with a torn PCL.

Pollard can’t pass block.

Cmac

Reaction score
Let's see a game where Pollard gets 20+ carries, instead of all the what ifs. Do it!! He will continue to be marveled.......until he does the wrong thing........ask for money.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
agree.

P is great on those outside C gap runs.

But he doesn’t have the power for A/B gap runs.

and he can’t pass block.

he’s also UFA after the season.
There is a lot of data and video to dispute ur claim he is not a good a-b gap runner

pansophy

Reaction score
He’s matched his production on 80 less carries…..
But he is also getting those carries when defenses aren't necessarily keying on the run. So many people thought Troy Hambrick was better than an aging Emmitt because he was getting like 4.5 yards per carry. But like Pollard, he did that giving Emmitt a break and defenses weren't keying on stopping the run. When Hambrick became the feature back he didn't fare so well.

Not saying Pollard isn't good. Case can be made we should have let Zeke walk. But running is easier when you aren't the feature back.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Barkley is done at this point.

source- he is on my fantasy team because every year I buy into the media hype around him only to see him never break a tackle. Really, it’s bad. Most overrated player in the league.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Barkley is done at this point.

source- he is on my fantasy team because every year I buy into the media hype around him only to see him never break a tackle. Really, it’s bad. Most overrated player in the league.

Yeah there's players in fantasy every year that the pundits hype up as top 5 players only to see them stink it up. CMAC also comes to mind atm.

Flamma

Reaction score
Eh, he's a lot like Elliott. Set the world on fire at first but workload caught up to him and now he's washed.

Excellent observation. The two were amazing right off the bat, but very little staying power. Imagine the Cowboys future if Emmitt was such a princess? Emmitt, AP, LT, were probably the last of that bunch. They are simply not made of the same stuff anymore. I wouldn't pay a RB again.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Excellent observation. The two were amazing right off the bat, but very little staying power. Imagine the Cowboys future if Emmitt was such a princess? Emmitt, AP, LT, were probably the last of that bunch. They are simply not made of the same stuff anymore. I wouldn't pay a RB again.

Jonathan Taylor Thomas and Derrick Henry seem to be workhorse types, devastating injury this year to King Henry aside.