Tony Romo – MVP Season?

aikemirv

Reaction score
kevin11;1769643 said:
Romo is playing well enough to get a some votes for MVP.

Brady or depending on what Moss stats are will be alot closer.

Just like for college football, the best player on the best Team will get the MVP award.
Romo/Farve/Peterson are MVP of the NFC:mad: =pisses me of to say this.

If peterson didn't get hurt, w

Well, that alone would rule out Peterson, injury or not.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
I think maybe Adrian Peterson ought to get consideration, if by MVP they mean "most valuable player to the team".

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
With the way the media gushes over Farve it's his too lose....hopefully to Romo on the 29th. :D

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Romo and Favre for co-MVP, just from a marketing standpoint would be a godsend.

passing the torch from the old brett favre to the guy they like to call the new one, would be great for the league in my opinion. Here's to hoping the MVP is fixed.

kevin11

Reaction score
aikemirv;1769673 said:
Well, that alone would rule out Peterson, injury or not.
Yea, im just saying.

Brady or Moss will win it hands down. Unless some RB rushes for 40 td in 7 games.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Brady get the MVP, Moss likely gets the comeback player of the year. After his career looked dead in the water the move to NE and playing with a QB like Brady has helped to refresh Moss career.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I believe that Brady will get the league MVP while Moss will get the AFC Offensive player of the year and Favre will get NFC offensive player of the year.

Tricked

Fascinated
Reaction score
All good points. I still believe that Moss is more important to the Patriots passing success than Brady. While Brady does have a great arm and has been doing some great throws, Moss demands respect, and even when given that respect he still embarresses his opponents. Those who say Brady will is a shoe in for MVP this year is just looking at stats. Yes, the stats are amazing, but if not for Brady would the patriots be having the success they are having?

I still stand by my statement that I believe Romo is capable of being the MVP this season. The energy alone he brings to the team is what intrigues me most. Always smiling, making plays to keep his team in a position to win. He is hands down our teams MVP in my opinion, and depending on the following success throughout the season I feel he will be a serious contender for the MVP. I do not feel that our team would be in the position we are if not for Romo. While he did have a bad game against Buffalo, he still made the throws to put us in a position to win the game. The argument for Favre is a great one, and one to truly be taken seriously given the lack of talent he has around him.

It's very difficult to say who will get the MVP because of how much football is left to be played, but I wanted to spark some conversation for writing material. It's all great food for thought :D

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
in any, other year, most likely, but Brady is so far ahead of him and everybody else, it's not even funny *ducks from a Nors' missile*

sucks to be having an MVP year while another guy is having a HOF year

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1769646 said:
The reason why the Patriots went from a good team to a great team is because of Randy Moss.

Randy Moss should be kneck and kneck with Tom Brady in the MVP Race. Tom Brady never put up numbers like this before Randy Moss arrived in Foxboro.

There is no question that if you take Randy Moss off of the Patriots they are still a good team as oppose to a great one. Conversely, if you took Tom Brady off of the Patriots they would be a below average team.

I understand the aforementioned argument but at the end of the day Tom Brady is an MVP candidate because of the numbers he is putting up not because they are winning and could go undefeated. As I stated earlier, Brady never put those type of numbers up and Randy Moss is the reason why he is.

Tom Brady = MVP
Randy Moss = MVP

The league should consider giving both those guys the award.

has co-MVP ever been 2 teammates? because I wouldn't put it past anybody that Moss and Brady will share the award

Tricked

Fascinated
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1770352 said:
has co-MVP ever been 2 teammates? because I wouldn't put it past anybody that Moss and Brady will share the award

I do not recall specifically if there have been co-MVP teammates or not. I remember the rams Faulk and Warner being candidates in 2001, but I don't recall who got it, I think only Faulk got it.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Any other year, he's probably a front-runner. However, there's this Brady fellow about to destroy all the single-season passer stats and there's this Favre fellow who is making a hell of a comeback.

In a normal season? He's got a real real good chance. Just not this year.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
baj1dallas;1769686 said:
I think maybe Adrian Peterson ought to get consideration, if by MVP they mean "most valuable player to the team".

they had a losing record....he isnt going to get any consideration for that...it wasnt like he carried hem to a 7-2 record or something before he got hurt....even with the injury he'll be offensive rookie of the yr probably, but thats it right now

David

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Ozzu;1770396 said:
Any other year, he's probably a front-runner. However, there's this Brady fellow about to destroy all the single-season passer stats and there's this Favre fellow who is making a hell of a comeback.

In a normal season? He's got a real real good chance. Just not this year.

Agreed on Brady... not of Favre.

Favre could get "Comeback player of the year" not MVP over Brady or over Romo.

For Romo its like when Lionel Richie had that great year and lost EVERYTHING to Michael Jackson THRILLER album.... bad timing...

Just win the SB baby!!

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
stealth;1769585 said:
favre is gonna win the MVP this year, there is no way anyone ever sniffs it unless favre starts sucking it up.

for the record I think Brady's receivers are having a far better year than brady is.

If he wins it that will be his 3rd MVP he didn't earn...

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1770352 said:

Looks like it happened in 82 and 83 but I just didn't feel like looking back further than that.

• Lawrence Taylor, LB - NY Giants (Pro Football Writers Association of America, Associated Press, Maxwell Club of Philadelphia, "The Sporting News")
• Phil Simms, QB - NY Giants (Newspaper Enterprise Association)

• Kurt Warner, QB - St. Louis Rams (Associated Press)
• Marshall Faulk, RB - St. Louis Rams (Pro Football Writers Association of America, Maxwell Club of Philadelphia, "The Sporting News")

link

I think Moss and Brady should share that award but they won't.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
A candidate yes, but Brady is the clear MVP front-runner and it's not even close.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1770681 said:
Looks like it happened in 82 and 83 but I just didn't feel like looking back further than that.

link

I think Moss and Brady should share that award but they won't.

thanks for the research

btw, it would be funny though if Brady won his 1st MVP trophy, but loses his 1st Super Bowl, wouldn't that be ironic?

jem88

Reaction score
Tricked;1769409 said:
Brady is having a magnificent season, there's no taking anything away from his accomplishments, but I would argue that many other passers could stand behind that offensive line and throw the ball to that group of receivers in New England and have success.
This reminds me of when people used to minimize Emmitt's achievements due to the offensive line he ran behind.

jem88

Reaction score
2233boys;1770611 said:
If he wins it that will be his 3rd MVP he didn't earn...
I wouldn't say he isn't earning it. It's just that Brady has been out of this world. Favre's year so far has certainly been worth.