Reaction score
MEANWHILE....
3qzk58.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sounds unrealistic. Is it Monopoly money? Seriously just think about it. Yes Romo is cool and a great QB but c’mon. That’s stupid money.. How much do the other legends make? 1.5 to 3 million per? It just seems excessive...
I think Romo actually attracts viewers, whereas nearly all the other commentators are mostly tolerated.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Brady and Brees will be just as good broadcasters as Romo once they retire. So Fox and ESPN need to be ready to dish out that money.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I'm glad his new career is going well. Some people on FB were complaining that he's making more as a sportscaster than some players make, but they're just whiners. The NFL doesn't pay Romo in his new career. CBS does. They've decided to pay him this amount of money for his announcing skills, so the market has spoken. He's very, very good at his job, and I've been known to be critical of announcers that I think aren't very good. It's not a job just anyone can do.

So, congrats to Tony Romo.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Who is to say what is excessive? He is worth whatever someone is willing to pay him. That's how capitalism works.

Assuming he’s actually collecting that amount yes of course...

garyo1954

Reaction score
From a players point of view....

New Orleans Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas is the latest player to speak out against the NFL’s collective bargaining proposal. Thomas didn’t have to go in depth when making his point, either. All he had to do was mention Tony Romo’s new contract with CBS.

Thomas, 26, argued NFL players shouldn’t agree to the new collective bargaining proposal when an NFL announcer can make more than “90% of the players.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...why-players-should-vote-no-on-cba/ar-BB10zq3R