Twitter: Tony Romo and CBS have agreed to a deal - $17m per year

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Not guessing at all. We all saw it. That locker room went to Dak. I don’t want to make this a big thing but Romo has to look good. He is on TV. I liked Romo. Good player. Never great.

The team rallies behind the backup QB when the starter went down. It happens all the time.

and not great.

he threw TDs and INTS at the exact same rate as Peyton Manning, but yardage at a higher clip.

if he played the same number of games all his numbers would be the same/better

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The team rallies behind the backup QB when the starter went down. It happens all the time.

and not great.

he threw TDs and INTS at the exact same rate as Peyton Manning, but yardage at a higher clip.

if he played the same number of games all his numbers would be the same/better

Really? What happened in 2015? Not much “rallying” there.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Rush would have been a better qb w/the line Aikman had. All Aikman had to do was stand there while Romo had to run for his life year in, year out.

Fans that hated on Romo may gringe one day because last time I checked, you don't need any rings to get in. Romo's numbers are still worthy of the Hall. He's the 2nd highest rated passer in NFL history, with a rating that trumps presumed Hall of Famers Peyton, Brady and Brees. :popcorn:
Romo will never be in the hall as a qb. Aikman was not only a great qb but a great leader. Something romo was neither

Ring Leader

Reaction score
Romo will never be in the hall as a qb. Aikman was not only a great qb but a great leader. Something romo was neither

I don't think Aikman is bummed that Romo will make all that money for money's sake (more than Aikman's career QB earnings in just over 3 easy years chatting in a chair). Aikman could be shaking his head, however, that Romo is more than doubling "his" annual earnings in a blink of an eye. Aikman has been at or near the top for over 17 years and here comes this new guy cruising past him seemingly with such ease. It's almost not fair for a guy who has more than paid his broadcasting dues to get literally lapped so quickly by a veritable newcomer who has barely even cut his teeth. Fortunately, Aikman is a good enough guy to be happy that the new leader is a Cowboy through and through.

Kalyan

Reaction score
Romo must expand his broadcasting career far beyond his current game color commentary in order for the Board of Selectors to nominate and induct him as a pro football contributor. In my opinion, he is quite capable of doing so. Romo has the essential combination of intelligence, wisdom and just enough on-screen personality to supplement his post-football career in a significant way. However, what we see Romo doing now is very likely not enough to get Romo into the Hall.
great point, would be nice if he does it for golf major events too. All other announcers must be happy too because their pay will go up relatively too, Fox must be super mad as they have to pay Aikman in this vicinity

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Wonder what Romo thought was more improbable, him becoming the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys after being an undrafted free agent or becoming the highest paid NFL analyst in TV history? I’m thinking it would have to be the latter. Doubt he he had any aspirations of someday broadcasting NFL games when he began his football career.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Tony has a propensity to get lazy. I hope he continues to work on his new career because he is really good at it.

Maybe when it comes to building his body he was lazy but he was never lazy about being a great QB. Even BP in the early years of Romo would compliment his work ethic.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Maybe when it comes to building his body he was lazy but he was never lazy about being a great QB. Even BP in the early years of Romo would compliment his work ethic.

Was Tony ever a Great QB? Very good QB, but not great. Great is reserved for the Mannings, Bradys, Brees of the world. Great is a HOFer. Romo was good but never great.