Tony Romo does make that much of a difference

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I have spent the last several weeks combatting and taking part in various witchhunts. I have seen the offense blamed on everyone from Garrett for calling the plays, to Linehan, to name your offensive skill position player, to Doug Free and Ron Leary. I have seen the secondary, the LB, Hardy, Hayden, Henderson, Eberflus, and even Marinelli have losses laid at their feet.

Needless to say, Jerry, Stephen and Charlotte Jones get their share of the hate and Risen has even turned his derision to Will McClay. When it was all said and done it looks like everyone got a little bit of the blame so collectively I guess we were all at least a little bit right.

But that sure did look like a different team today. Cannot ignore that the offense scuttled and choked a time or two but instead of it being after three 3 and outs it was after three first downs. Sure Romo may make some of us nutty from time to time but you will never get a clearer perspective of what he brings to the table as opposed to the alternative that we have had these past couple weeks.

Now we have an offense that could dictate the flow of the game while overcoming mistakes and bad field position. Despite the Dolphin's drive to end the first half and a quick score coming out the gate the defense had the chance to play with a lead all game long anyway. 83 becomes clutch on all kinds of routes. That draw on 3rd and 17. By the end we overwhelmed the Dolphins on their home turf.

Thanks Tony

QT

Reaction score
Anouncers brought up missing Demarco during the game. Listen guys, without Demarco, Cowboys can still win games... Without Romo, they can't win games. Who was the real team MVP last year. I kept stating this all of last year.

Lodeus

Reaction score
ixXsGQP.png

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
I have spent the last several weeks combatting and taking part in various witchhunts. I have seen the offense blamed on everyone from Garrett for calling the plays, to Linehan, to name your offensive skill position player, to Doug Free and Ron Leary. I have seen the secondary, the LB, Hardy, Hayden, Henderson, Eberflus, and even Marinelli have losses laid at their feet.

Needless to say, Jerry, Stephen and Charlotte Jones get their share of the hate and Risen has even turned his derision to Will McClay. When it was all said and done it looks like everyone got a little bit of the blame so collectively I guess we were all at least a little bit right.

But that sure did look like a different team today. Cannot ignore that the offense scuttled and choked a time or two but instead of it being after three 3 and outs it was after three first downs. Sure Romo may make some of us nutty from time to time but you will never get a clearer perspective of what he brings to the table as opposed to the alternative that we have had these past couple weeks.

Now we have an offense that could dictate the flow of the game while overcoming mistakes and bad field position. Despite the Dolphin's drive to end the first half and a quick score coming out the gate the defense had the chance to play with a lead all game long anyway. 83 becomes clutch on all kinds of routes. That draw on 3rd and 17. By the end we overwhelmed the Dolphins on their home turf.

Thanks Tony

The return of the Jedi.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
I have a feeling that our Defense will have an extra gear on Thursday, knowing that the offense can win the game if they keep it close.
Something they haven't seen all year.

RS12

Reaction score
Does Tony make a difference? Of course it was like night and day, team had more confidence in general, seemed like they believed they could win. However, way too many penalties. That falls under coaching.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
One game at a time. Carolina, you're next!

Glad Carolina won, they're due!

Not only that they scored lots and lots of points today! Things were just going gang busters for them against one of our div rivals So hoping they are spent for the Turkey day game and hoping we play better than we did today and win it.

bkeavs

Reaction score
Having a top 7 QB in this league playing on your team instead of a backup is usually a good thing