Twitter: Tony Romo Goes Viral For Stretching During Golf Tournament

Cebrin

Reaction score
Ouch. I feel for Tony Romo. Back injuries are no joke, and sadly, they do tend to give you more problems as you age just like Tony's back started giving him problems during this match-play tournament he was participating in in Wisconsin recently.

Even then, Tony was tough enough to finish the match and help lead his team to a win.

After the match, Romo was asked by WisDotGolf’s Rob Hernandez about how he deals with back pain.

“My back, it definitely pops up more often than I’d like,” Romo said. “But I played 36 holes yesterday. I do this whole routine beforehand. I can’t just show up and play.”

The 42-year-old was shooting 1-under par after the 14th hole and wound up with a 1-up win to improve to 3-0.

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/tony-romo-viral-stretching-during-golf-tournament/599334

Hope you feel better, Tony Romo, and congratulations on your win!

:starspin:

Breaks my heart. Dude gave his entire body to this team.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The guy has had no ruptured disc. He fractured his spinous process.

Thats a very big difference. One required surgery or you have to lay in bed for weeks without movement. The other is treated with painkillers.

Latter is btw no big deal at all. If you can handle the pain you can do whatever you want. But Tony as we know him made a big show out of this.
Man, you are the capt of the d bag team.
Take a bow!
Absolute loser...and liar.

You cant possibly believe that Romo didn't require surgery
Or that a guy who played with punctured lung and broken ribs exaggerated feeling pain

Last edited:

DonaldM

Reaction score
May have gotten one of his balls caught in the ball washer... that always doubles me over.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Man, you are the capt of the d bag team.
Take a bow!
Absolute loser...and liar.

You cant possibly believe that Romo didn't require surgery
Or that a guy who played with punctured lung and broken ribs exaggerated feeling pain

Romo required surgery because of a broken collar bone. Not because of what we were talking about.

I please you for yourself to first try to understand what the topic is about before you taint costly HDD space with your vulgar gutter language.

Motorola

Reaction score
That is entirely dependent on the skill of the surgeon. They aren't all equal. Certainly not something you do unless there are no other options or choices.
Romo only 42; with the combination of research and technology, perhaps a medical procedure will be on the horizon for him - and others - to provide relief from back ailments.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo required surgery because of a broken collar bone. Not because of what we were talking about.

I please you for yourself to first try to understand what the topic is about before you taint costly HDD space with your vulgar gutter language.
He for sure had back surgery too...maybe 2 different occasions.

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Ouch. I feel for Tony Romo. Back injuries are no joke, and sadly, they do tend to give you more problems as you age just like Tony's back started giving him problems during this match-play tournament he was participating in in Wisconsin recently.

Even then, Tony was tough enough to finish the match and help lead his team to a win.

After the match, Romo was asked by WisDotGolf’s Rob Hernandez about how he deals with back pain.

“My back, it definitely pops up more often than I’d like,” Romo said. “But I played 36 holes yesterday. I do this whole routine beforehand. I can’t just show up and play.”

The 42-year-old was shooting 1-under par after the 14th hole and wound up with a 1-up win to improve to 3-0.

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/tony-romo-viral-stretching-during-golf-tournament/599334

Hope you feel better, Tony Romo, and congratulations on your win!

:starspin:

For a minute, I thought I was watching the golf version of the video where the basketball player gets on all fours and barks like a dog to distract the other team while his team scores (or inbounds the ball). I didn't have the sound on, so I could imagine Romo barking to make the other player miss his putt.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

https://texasback.com/tony_romos_back_surgery/

https://www.si.com/nfl/2013/12/27/tony-romo-injury-surgery-cowboys-out-for-season

Although this is the one you are talking about:

https://geauxspine.com/tony-romo-suffers-compression-fracture/

This is good article on the cumulative effect:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...-why-serious-treatment-plan-long-term-effects

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That looked pretty strange seeing him in that position grimacing, especially on a golf course.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Dak doesn't fall into our lap Tony is probably in a wheelchair by now.

If Dak didn’t fall in our lap we would probably still be looking for a QB. The past 6 years would have been a lot more miserable on this board than it has been.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Romo only 42; with the combination of research and technology, perhaps a medical procedure will be on the horizon for him - and others - to provide relief from back ailments.

Golf is bad for your back and he plays a lot of golf. He stopped playing golf the last few years of his NFL career to protect his back. The only way he’s likely to get relief is to give golf up.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the reason he retired ...... And people wanted him to come back.
You apparently did NOT watch the last series of his career.

I'm not saying he'd still be playing football. But that 2016 was built for him. A middle round rookie was able to lead them....imagine what an experienced vet COULD have done with that team.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
You apparently did NOT watch the last series of his career.

I'm not saying he'd still be playing football. But that 2016 was built for him. A middle round rookie was able to lead them....imagine what an experienced vet COULD have done with that team.

Yes ...... one series that he did not get touched.

Romo was a great quarterback and one of my favorite players of all time ........ but one more big hit and he might be doing sports casting in a wheelchair. His back was done.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes ...... one series that he did not get touched.

Romo was a great quarterback and one of my favorite players of all time ........ but one more big hit and he might be doing sports casting in a wheelchair. His back was done.
Why do you think the drafted Zeke so high? To make Dak the future QB?

No....to give Romo the same comfort Zeke gave Dak.

Creeper

Reaction score
Back problems are no joke. My golfing buddy has been sidelines for 3 years with a spinal problem. He goes to the range once and he's done for the season! But Tony's back is worse than mine and I am almost 70. He must really love golf if he has to get on all 4s and stretch while his match play opponent is putting! That's real dedication to the game.