Tony Romo H.C. > Urban Myers

cowboyed

Reaction score
I would love it!

but realistically he is getting 10 million a year at this point for broadcasting games?

you would have to give him 13 million a year to coach...

Much lower but still pretty decent at $ 4 million a year. Of course that will balloon on his next contract if he chooses to keep commentating.

foofighters

Reaction score
Tony Romo should be a strong candidate H.C. with his knowledge and experience in the pros. I would take him over Urban Myers 24/7.

threads like these are silly. It’s fan fantasy. Think about, the guy gave everything to this team. His body and his time away from this family. And what did the fans show him in return? He’s got the good life and the national attention he deserves. He’s not coming. Just let this die.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I seriously can’t understand this fanbase. If you have any desire for Romo to be the head coach here you shouldn’t even want Garrett gone.

Jimmy Johnson just claimed a couple weeks ago part of the problem here is the team is not uncomfortable with losing. The players feel like they have won without wining anything.

We need that to change and based upon Romo’s own words he isn’t the person to change that culture. What has he said? Let’s look...

1. He said if losing the Philly 2008 week 17 game is the worst thing that happens to him then he led a pretty good life.

2. Claims a preseason game against the Seahawks early in his career was the biggest game of his career.

3. Claims he didn’t worry about winning or losing, he was focused on improving. His guilty pleasure was learning how to throw a spiral from all different angles.
The
4. As a broadcaster mentioned he would pad his stats on the goal line by throwing when the defense was showing a look which should have dictated to run the ball. He would then act dumb when Murray would question him on the sidelines saying “oh really?”. He said all QBs should do that if they don’t already.

I get a lot of people really love Romo because he played here and he knows X’s and O’s but he is not head coach material that will change this organization. He will simply continue the same culture we are accustomed to .

Last edited:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He overcame Garrett........he's invincible.

Didn't overcome him enough even to get a playoff win. Didn't overcome him enough on win and in games.
I like Romo but fans need to stop this Jedi Warrior stuff. They memories are false. Great stats, still no playoffs success. And that is more on Garrett and the coaches. AND Jerry, as the defenses back then sucked also.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude is making millions to commentate a one / two games a week.

He’s living his best life. He’s not coming back

Right and when asked last year or was it earlier in this year. He said no, he wants to enjoy time with his family and be with his kids while they are growing up. To spend more time with them.

He just bought a $6 or $8 million home here in the DFW area, 3 young kids, beautiful wife. Easy job basically, can play golf whenever he wants.
Why in the hell would he give that up.
However he said "right now". So who knows, after Garrett's next 10 year deal is up, Tony may be ready. :laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Romo doesn't want to take a coaching job, putting in all those required hours while he still has kids at home. He may not ever want to do that, and why would he? He's got more than enough money, and if you scale it by the hour, his broadcast job is much better pay.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Tony Romo should be a strong candidate H.C. with his knowledge and experience in the pros. I would take him over Urban Myers 24/7.

Tony has an excellent job right now.

no way he gives all that up for an 18 hour a day HC job.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Romo wouldn't take it. He seems like the type to excel only to OC... I think he'd fail hard as a HC.... but as an offensive mind as an OC? He'd do well. But that ain't happening and I don't blame him.

Romo is going to be in the HoF someday. As a broadcaster and a player.

no way he gives that up for an HC burnout job.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo is going to be in the HoF someday. As a broadcaster and a player.

no way he gives that up for an HC burnout job.

Danny White was a great stat gut too. Took the Cowboys to 3 straight NFCCG's, and lost all 3. But he also had Landry as coach.
Drew Pearson's number are up there with some Steelers, like Stallworth, he should be in the HOF.

I doubt Romo gets in as a player.

tunahelper

Reaction score

The Cubs just hired their catcher to manage the ship, so weider things have happened.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Would love to see Romo in the discussion he definitely knows the game. However, I don't know how he would be managing players.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
He’d be crazy to go back to this chit show. Cush booth job and still having all the time in the world with money. I’d slap him in the face if I could if he wanted to coach this team.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
We need a change in culture. The “awe shucks, we tried our best” needs to be moved on from. No to Romo. Also Witten, Lee, and anyone else who is infected with the Garrett disease.
I agree completely.

Romo's first loss: "If this is the worst thing that happens to me, I have led a pretty good life."

aikemirv

Reaction score
Romo wouldn't take it. He seems like the type to excel only to OC... I think he'd fail hard as a HC.... but as an offensive mind as an OC? He'd do well. But that ain't happening and I don't blame him.
Agree with this. Love Romo but his personality does not seem like a good fit for HC.

pansophy

Reaction score
Doubt Tony is doing that while his kids are young frankly. Plus the place for him to start would be OC, not head coach. So there is that.